Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
IDK what happened but I enjoy watching TL & whatever turned golden glue into a good player suddenly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
c9 has subbed in ray

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
yet to see mid corki not be balling completely out of control

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
please stop shen ulting the dead kha'zix

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Work Friend Keven posted:

IDK what happened but I enjoy watching TL & whatever turned golden glue into a good player suddenly.

i think there are a lot of solo queue players that are really good and have had no decent coaching before and golden glutes is one of those people

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

That was some mighty fine teamfighting there

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That last team fight holy moly

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Can't believe they gave reignover rengar, wtf.

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Sexpansion posted:

Can't believe they gave reignover rengar, wtf.

TL's coaches or C9?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

TL's coaches or C9?

flyquest, reignover has been a good rengar player since forever.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Sexpansion posted:

flyquest, reignover has been a good rengar player since forever.

Didn't really do much this game with Rengar. C9 White now 2-0 on the first week.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013

Maguoob posted:

C9 White now 2-0 on the first week.

:aaaaa:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

im tired of hearing about the tiny wizard that lives in hais earring and grants him powers but you can really see the difference in the way that flyquest was able to come back from a deficit and beat an amazing team (envyus) whereas C9 are totally unable to come from behind against an AT BEST mediocre team, my favorite boys, team dignitas

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
On the other hand, you can also see the benefit of not having high in the way c9 won the first game instead of alistar killing his entire team repeatedly.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

hai giveth, hai taketh

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
contractz looks a little shaky this series

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

let's lose three towers chasing a nautilus around the map, then somehow get baron - team dignitas, 2017

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/FionnOnFire/status/823357939092099072

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama

Haters gonna hate but this is the first time in years C9 has started out this strong. They are only going to get better from here on out.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Jayisspecial posted:

Haters gonna hate but this is the first time in years C9 has started out this strong. They are only going to get better from here on out.

Let's not kid ourselves, NA is a gigantic pile of poo poo where a bunch of young men chase wins for nine weeks and at the end of it, TSM wins. I'll believe anybody is actually getting better when we see them win Bo5s against good international competition.

rabidsquid posted:

im tired of hearing about the tiny wizard that lives in hais earring and grants him powers but you can really see the difference in the way that flyquest was able to come back from a deficit and beat an amazing team (envyus) whereas C9 are totally unable to come from behind against an AT BEST mediocre team, my favorite boys, team dignitas

I legit can't tell if this is an ironicpost or not, help

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Transient People posted:

I legit can't tell if this is an ironicpost or not, help

I can't either and that's what makes NA amazing this split.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Transient People posted:

Let's not kid ourselves, NA is a gigantic pile of poo poo where a bunch of young men chase wins for nine weeks and at the end of it, TSM wins.

Europe used to be everyone beats everyone and then Fnatic wins, at least we changed our top team to the HEROES OF WORLDS H2K.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I think it's dumb to have 'beating other international teams in Bo5' as your only metric for improvement when

A) there are at most 3 international tournaments per year
B) At least one of those is a joke
C) You don't get to the Bo5 stage until the playoffs in these tournaments
D) CLG did that and grabbed 2nd place at MSI last year, losing to the consensus best team in the world

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

The only metric for improvement is winning Worlds. Everything else are garbage trophies at best

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Wuxi posted:

The only metric for improvement is winning Worlds. Everything else are garbage trophies at best

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
It's been one week so let's all wildly overreact to everything.

Although I can safely say that Echo Fox is on a straight trip to relegation, lol

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Dragongem posted:

It's been one week so let's all wildly overreact to everything.

Although I can safely say that Echo Fox is on a straight trip to relegation, lol

Hot take: Korea wins all international events

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Wuxi posted:

The only metric for improvement is winning LCK. Everything else are garbage trophies at best

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

tbh at this point just sending the winners of LPL/LCS spring to LCK summer would probably improve every region the fastest

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Tbh I can't wait till they finish phasing ogn out and turn Korea into a farm league for the actual region, NA.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

After a whole week of Karma/Malz/Zyra/MF, what the gently caress happened to all the actual support champions?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Wuxi posted:

After a whole week of Karma/Malz/Zyra/MF, what the gently caress happened to all the actual support champions?

Why play "support" when you can play "damage dealer that doesn't need items"

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Wuxi posted:

Didn't we have, like, a good Morgana game in there somewhere? Thresh?

I mean, it's only when supports get second-phase pinched, but there were a few traditional supports popping up.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Those are actual support champs minus Malz. Thresh is picked by people who can play him and Zyra/Karma have been mostly support champions throughout their lifespan. Karma was always played in a bunch of different positions and Zyra was only played mid for like 1 patch when she came out. Lulu is starting appear more often as counter to Malz since each of her autos count for two and she can take down voidlings very quickly. Kench is also very good counter to Malz which gets played a bit.

I think the whole support Meta is revolving around countering Zyra and now countering Zyra's counters who are MF/Malz who get countered by Kench/Lulu.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

So I haven't been following the off season developments this season. Why does C9 have a new name and why is Sneaky on some new team with C9's name?

stump collector
May 28, 2007
did you miss last year too?

to bring you up to speed, all the lesser c9 players went to challenger series in 2016 and won, got a new sponsor because they can't continue to play under the c9 name as per riot rules. meteos died in some sort of rage feeding incident. impact, jensen, smoothie, and sneaky were joined by contractz this year.

oh, i forgot, ray is a sub and plays top lane, and he also came over from korea. you can have multiple international subs but only two in a game at a time.

stump collector fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jan 23, 2017

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Wuxi posted:

First tower gold was the trigger for this. In S6, Karma was indisputably the best support for a long while after first tower gold was added to the game, as she could poke, push, and zone better than anyone else at the time, meaning you had a much better chance of forcing the opposition out of lane and grabbing the first tower for yourself. By the time that S6 Worlds rolled around, people figured out that Zyra was genuinely insane and could easily beat out Karma in lane, as well as scaling excellently throughout the entire rest of the game. Consequently, support MF was developed as a counter to Zyra (since picking Karma into Zyra was almost always a losing lane). Eventually, people figured out that Malz was also a good budget AP support and started picking him when they couldn't get Zyra.

Kench and Lulu are appearing more frequently because they have some way to nullify Zyra/Malzahar's burst (Lulu with a point-and-click CC and her ult, Kench with Devour) while still having something resembling lane presence. Still, given a choice, teams would rather have Zyra, because being able to add an extra 20-30k damage over the course of a game is hugely beneficial.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Is it just me or does Gorilla look pretty bad this split.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I wouldn't know, I don't watch poo poo regions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Work Friend Keven posted:

I wouldn't know, I don't watch poo poo regions.

Gorilla didn't join TSM

• Locked thread