Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please

1st AD posted:

On a reality TV show Chael easily took down Wanderlei.

A possibly drunk Wanderlei.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

1st AD posted:

On a reality TV show Chael easily took down Wanderlei.

During a real fight Chael Sonnen lost to Tito Ortiz

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Chael has always been very bad off his back, and way too weak for 205

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

ROFLburger posted:

There are a LOT of turkeys on the internet right now that are convinced the Chael fight was some kind of Bellator Inside Job

https://twitter.com/couchy23/status/823041074411241473

back and to the left

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
https://twitter.com/titoortiz/status/823142627780345856

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ROFLburger posted:

"Boy this Chael guy is a real nice draw for us we should conspire to have him lose in 30 seconds to Tito Ortiz"

Chael doesn't need a winning streak to talk people into watching his fights.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

-Atom- posted:

During a real fight Chael Sonnen lost to Tito Ortiz

Tito is a better fighter than Wanderlei (at this point, and possibly always)

Biafraid
Jan 31, 2008

yeah.

lol

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Let Tito fight Wanderlei under Japanese Rules, Wanderlei would likely still get grappled but there's the chance of a roid-rage Silva stomping Tito into oblivion

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Chromatic posted:

im a casual watcher so hence i suck at mma analysis but wouldn't it be correct to assume that if chael looked that bad against tito that he'd probably get beaten even worse against wanderlei?

i say for chael to go back on the juice hardcore but then again he's been busted twice so maybe they're watching him more closely than anyone else?

tito is bigger than silva and silva absolutely cannot wrestle so it's hard to compare. Chael looked bad though for sure

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

david carmichael posted:

Chael has always been very bad off his back, and way too weak for 205

yeah his style is so ineffective when he's fighting someone with a strength advantage over him, rashad made him look like child and so did jones.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

ROFLburger posted:

There are a LOT of turkeys on the internet right now that are convinced the Chael fight was some kind of Bellator Inside Job

lol, if they were going to rig the fight, they would probably want the guy under contract to beat the guy who is walking after his retirement fight.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Tito isn't staying retired unless Trump is giving him a cabinet position

Nifft
Oct 5, 2001
I'm absolutely spiffng!

What did it say? Deleted now.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Nifft posted:

What did it say? Deleted now.

Tito was responding to Hulk Hogan congratulating him, he took it down to fix spelling mistakes and it originally said "BOOOOTHER" instead of "Brrooother," I think he spelled "foot" wrong too

https://twitter.com/titoortiz/status/823247252290293760

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Tito was responding to Hulk Hogan congratulating him, he took it down to fix spelling mistakes and it originally said "BOOOOTHER" instead of "Brrooother," I think he spelled "foot" wrong too

It was "follow"

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Dr. Abysmal posted:

"Too" is still misspelled.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Omg chael

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

omg chael crash posted:

I'm changing my user name if he loses

Mods(??) rename me "tito crash, OF COURSE" tia

outy
Aug 27, 2004

I think they could have let the Daley Ward fight go on a bit longer. He barely touched him.

https://twitter.com/MikeBohnMMA/status/823242942898900993

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

omg chael crash posted:

Mods(??) rename me "tito crash, OF COURSE" tia

What mod? This place is anarchy

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

outy posted:

I think they could have let the Daley Ward fight go on a bit longer. He barely touched him.

https://twitter.com/MikeBohnMMA/status/823242942898900993

Holy poo poo! I was impressed with ward and thought he was winning pretty easily until he spinning back elbow and subsequent flying knee knockout wtf

outy
Aug 27, 2004

It was interesting how quickly Ward U-turned on his solemn promise to stand and bang with Daley. He seemed totally sincere at the press conference, I'd be interested to know if it was a ploy to catch Paul out or if he took a couple of shots in the first minute and thought "Nah, gently caress that!"

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
He took shots, he got wobbled about three times in that fight.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Daley looked a little wobbly out there before the ko I thought. Sick fight though. and gently caress Ralek. Doing the UFC 1 gracie front kick. What a clown.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Nierbo posted:

Daley looked a little wobbly out there before the ko I thought. Sick fight though. and gently caress Ralek. Doing the UFC 1 gracie front kick. What a clown.

Ralek should stick to the music thing. Being a tough guy on the mic is a lot less embarrassing.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

JaySB posted:

What mod? This place is anarchy

This has been outstanding. I'm really glad nothing cropped up.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

coconono posted:

Ralek should stick to the music thing. Being a tough guy on the mic is a lot less embarrassing.

Kevin Casey vs Ralek Gracie Rap Battle!

Only on fightpass.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Skip My Posts posted:

yeah his style is so ineffective when he's fighting someone with a strength advantage over him, rashad made him look like child and so did jones.

Tito despite his learning disability is an extremely accomplished submission dude. He won an adcc championships. Tito is probably a real bad match up for Chael as dumb as that seems.

Neither of them can strike and chael has no bottom game.

I was surprised it happened so quick but i dont think chael getting subbed should surprise anyone every.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb, Destroyer of Seeb.
What is the group think on that farce attempt? I'd like FD's opinion but WELP.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
I know its easy to say after the fight so whatever. but i only saw the odds after the fact and Chael being a 2 to 1 favorite is insane to me, Tito is a bad matchup for Chael and off steroids-Chael looks at least a full weightclass smaller and weaker, plus he hadnt fought in forever and is the more likely of the two to just take his paycheck and not put in an effort

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
chael was a 2 to 1 favorite? gently caress

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Skip My Posts posted:

chael was a 2 to 1 favorite? gently caress

Yeah i wish i had seen before the fight

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

You all remember Wandy/Tito is a fight that actually happened, right?

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
If there's one thing I've learned it's that we should never underestimate Chael's ability to lose a fight.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/sherdogdotcom/status/823406157335121920

GOAT isn't the farmyard animal I would best describe Fedor as, but sure.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

If there's one thing I've learned it's that we should never underestimate Chael's ability to lose a fight.

Next he'll beat Fedor and lose to Tiki Ghosn.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Captain Log posted:

I was drunk at the bar when it happened but I don't remember it being that tight. Like when Tony Ferguson pulls it off it looks good and he leaves no space, Chael had it briefly but it didn't look that threatening.

Not surprised at anything other than how easily Tito grabbed that single as Chael was trying to adjust the choke, seems like he was really attached to getting that sub and ended up on his back as a result.

Captain Log posted:

Next he'll beat Fedor and lose to Tiki Ghosn.

Fedor is bad and yet would ruin Chael so thoroughly, either he'd take Chael down and break his face or he'd break his arm or something.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I guess this means that Tito would have owned Anderson Silva in his prime!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Captain Log posted:

Tito defended the D'arce properly by keeping his hips away and his shoulder away from his neck during the D'arce (this is why Chael couldn't get his hands clasped). The arm-in guillotine was just kind of a desperation move, and Chael never really got his hips where he'd need to finish em.

Source: I'm not FD but this is my favourite set of strangles and I've watched tons of vids on em, so I have shitloads of experience going for head-and-arm chokes from front headlock, losing them, and then getting submitted by people whose BJJ is better than mine.

e. here's me asking FD about this position :eng101:

fatherdog posted:

If you're d'arcing, you wouldn't have that arm underhooked, you'd have it overhooked.

I actually get the armbar on the d'arced arm off of them blocking the d'arce using a quarter-nelson turnover into an overhooked armbar.

Do this -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6YbDRGSXHg

Then drive forward, throw your leg over the body and sit back with the overhooked arm.

CommonShore fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jan 23, 2017