Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Persecuting Nazis is good, and I eagerly await the day they realize that they don't have to be Nazis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rt2avRZvBs

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Oh my loving god there's more.

I am so happy right now.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Praise a tail....

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Just caught the second episode of Maid Dragon and I enjoyed it more than the first. It's a a rather relaxing show. It kinda feels kinda like Non Non Biyori, strangely.

And now I've got to figure out which Maid Dragon thread to post in...

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
Just a reminder, Nobunaga no Shinobi is still running, and they have a new opening.

https://my.mixtape.moe/ktwivf.webm

Darth Walrus posted:

Speaking of anime Nazis (and of blowing them up with giant beam cannons), someone high up at MAL seems to think they're being unfairly persecuted.

How is this not a joke article?

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Has anyone watched Schoolgirl Strikers ep 2 and 3? Does anything interesting happen?

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Command Ant posted:

How is Donald Trump president?

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

nielsm posted:

Has anyone watched Schoolgirl Strikers ep 2 and 3? Does anything interesting happen?

Yes. No.
Ep 2 they manage to properly work together to defeat a monster, ep3 is a flashback to how the team started.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Command Ant posted:

My favorite part was the screenshot of the editor's reply and his misuse of partisan.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tekkaman crowds please, tatsunoko

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
I really liked the second episode of Scum's wish. I didn't think much of it at first but the ending for the second episode caught me off guard and I want to see where all of this goes.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I'm watching two shows this season, Maid Dragon and Scum's Wish, and they're both really good in different ways. I'm really, really pleased. :allears:

(I've put the rest of my shortlist - ACCA, Chaos;Child - on the backburner for when they're done and I've seen other impressions.)

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

numerrik posted:

My favorite part was the screenshot of the editor's reply and his misuse of partisan.

i have news for you friend...

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The first two episodes of Granblue Fantasy were pretty decent in a 90's RPG sort of way, I look forward to the rest of the series in April.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
the recent episode of rakugo shinjuu had me on the edge of my seat: yotaro's finally found his rakugo. it's unconditional love, for yakumo, for konatsu, for all those around him. where yakumo and sukeroku had deep wellsprings of fear and anxiety and nihilism, yotaro wants only the best for those around him, and is willing to bet everything on their happiness

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Saga of Tanya the Evil is entertaining. I'm on board after the 3 episode test.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Haibane Renmei reboot went in a weird direction

I guess this is Fuuka?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

thats obviously angel beats

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

The first two episodes of Granblue Fantasy were pretty decent in a 90's RPG sort of way, I look forward to the rest of the series in April.

If you buy the limited edition blu ray you can get a limited edition(?) SSR for your granblue mobage account!!! Hurry while supplies last!!!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

z0glin Warchief posted:

If you buy the limited edition blu ray you can get a limited edition(?) SSR for your granblue mobage account!!! Hurry while supplies last!!!

Nah

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Agreed, it's only Katalina, definitely not worth it

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Polsy posted:

Agreed, it's only Katalina, definitely not worth it

Based on only nothing but the first two anime episodes she's my favourite character.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I'll watch the granblues... eventually.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
I hope they make an anime of Grand Blue soon. :(

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

The granblue anime looks weird. The rough lines sometimes look cool but also sometimes make things blurry and indistinct, as if I was watching a lower resolution. Trying to imitate the game's style? I dunno, it's hit or miss.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Bang Dream was pretty cute. I'm sticking with it

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Allarion posted:

Bang Dream was pretty cute. I'm sticking with it

Eh, I haven't really clicked with the characters just yet. But Yuniko Ayana is a Good Writer, so I'll absolutely give it a bit more time.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

El Burbo posted:

The granblue anime looks weird. The rough lines sometimes look cool but also sometimes make things blurry and indistinct, as if I was watching a lower resolution. Trying to imitate the game's style? I dunno, it's hit or miss.

the woes of extensive post-processing

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

saving this for idol thread

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
I can't adequately describe why, but I'm enjoying Seiren after the first three episodes. Something about it just feels, I don't know, "honest".

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Something oddly fun about the Pick Up Artist anime.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i think pretending masamune-kun is legitimately indulging toxic masculinity/sexism is a good way to get people to not watch it.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

dogsicle posted:

i think pretending masamune-kun is legitimately indulging toxic masculinity/sexism is a good way to get people to not watch it.

Uh I was mostly making a joke; I'm not sure yet if it is or isn't.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

Uh I was mostly making a joke; I'm not sure yet if it is or isn't.

well, i've seen the joke elsewhere (even in this thread) and don't find it particularly funny or based in anything within the actual show. just the same super surface reading that had people turn on the show for being sexist when the first episode aired. masamune is obviously conflicted by/a victim of societal expectations of masculinity, and is also insecure about that. aki coming off as hugely unlikable doesn't read to me as the show saying "look, women are bitches" because it's an obvious setup to some degree of redemption and there are other sympathetic female characters in the cast anyway.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I like the show

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

It's a good romcom

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Despite my intolerance for harem or harem-like shows, KonoSuba is good and it made me laugh. I wish S2 was over so I could binge it right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

dogsicle posted:

well, i've seen the joke elsewhere (even in this thread) and don't find it particularly funny or based in anything within the actual show. just the same super surface reading that had people turn on the show for being sexist when the first episode aired. masamune is obviously conflicted by/a victim of societal expectations of masculinity, and is also insecure about that. aki coming off as hugely unlikable doesn't read to me as the show saying "look, women are bitches" because it's an obvious setup to some degree of redemption and there are other sympathetic female characters in the cast anyway.

Ah I see, well for me I make the joke because the way Masamune "strategizes" about getting Aki to fall for him in his inner narration essentially comes across as what I've heard about PUA; the show generally doesn't seem to at all embrace the philosophy but the first 2 eps had some cringey moments.

I actually also have a hard time seeing Aki as unlikeable; on reddit people are using the b-word and I'm just baffled.

• Locked thread