Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
As long as i can make something completely ludicrous like an omni-claymore I am 100% on board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Can you Charge around with dual omnitool-swords like a Protoss?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
You find a +1 omni blade, +3 vs giants.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

NeurosisHead posted:

I mean, Space Marine taught me that a jetpack and a giant hammer is awesome and fun as gently caress.

It can be, but things are getting too over the top for my taste. An emergency melee option like the omniblade, okay I can accept that, but I'd be happier if Bioware would dial things back down some.

Fun as those segments of Space Marine were, I do not associate that stuff with Mass Effect and am not pleased to see it here.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

Cythereal posted:

It can be, but things are getting too over the top for my taste. An emergency melee option like the omniblade, okay I can accept that, but I'd be happier if Bioware would dial things back down some.

Fun as those segments of Space Marine were, I do not associate that stuff with Mass Effect and am not pleased to see it here.

Krogan Warlord in MP made a lot of sense, with his big fuckoff hammer. Maybe just let your Krogan crewmate use a hammer.

I'm also pretty sure there are other melee weapon options that are less OTT.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Zakmonster posted:

Krogan Warlord in MP made a lot of sense, with his big fuckoff hammer. Maybe just let your Krogan crewmate use a hammer.

I'm also pretty sure there are other melee weapon options that are less OTT.

I'd rather not have a krogan crewmate at all. We're exploring a whole new galaxy.

I really hope Andromeda will be good, but I've not seen many choices from Bioware that I'm happy about. Then again, this is EA. They're even more averse to creativity and risks than Blizzard.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Cythereal posted:

I'd rather not have a krogan crewmate at all. We're exploring a whole new galaxy.

If we're going to boldly go forth and break things in a shiny new galaxy then we definitely need Token Krogan Team Member.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

DancingShade posted:

If we're going to boldly go forth and break things in a shiny new galaxy then we definitely need Token Krogan Team Member.

And asari and turian. And human gangsters. And Human With A Past.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I wonder if this krogan will be an old battlemaster working as a mercenary who was once disillusioned by the bleak future of his race but agrees to go on this expedition in hopes of leading his people to a new beginning

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I wonder if this krogan will be an old battlemaster working as a mercenary who was once disillusioned by the bleak future of his race but agrees to go on this expedition in hopes of leading his people to a new beginning

Could we at least get a Krogan Teammate that Charges? I want a charge buddy, ram bang everything together.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Cythereal posted:

It can be, but things are getting too over the top for my taste...but I'd be happier if Bioware would dial things back down some.

that's not really their style

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

both those people look deformed lol

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Slav shepard is the best shepard

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Is good.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

rear end effect :xd:

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
http://www.pointandclickbait.com/2017/01/mass-effect-andromeda-best-romance/

inflatable fish
Dec 8, 2016

pointandclickbait usually deliver on the humour but this was p. terrible

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Sex scenes in Andromeda should have that campsite NPC from dragon age 1 walk in with an exclamation mark over their head, saying "if you would like this scene to continue please purchase the DLC".

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
What is the max # you can score on a bang run?

1 - consort, romance
2 - Jack, romance...anyone else?
3 - I think it's more for girl shep, isn't it? LIke you can bang toothbrush girl. I think it's romance, reporter ho and maybe one other.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Whelp, I read that completely wrong.

psyman
Nov 1, 2008

Waltzing Along posted:

Nope. There are a couple guns that are arguably better than spectre 7s. Nothing is better than the s10s in any category. And since $$$ is basically nothing at that point, there is no reason not to get 7 spectre guns so everyone has their main weapon ready to go.

When I revisited ME1 recently, I outfitted Shepard and the squad with Ariake Technologies weapons rather than Spectre gear as usual, because I think they have the coolest manufacturer texture:

Same with armour, I really like the pale olive-grey style of the Elkoss Combine Assassin kit. I prefer the armour design of ME1 to a lot of the more garish kits in ME2/3:

When it comes to gear, I say choose what you like the design of most and think looks best on your squad, versus only the highest stats, as the gameplay difference is pretty negligible at high levels. The wiki has overview pages with pics of all manufacturer guns and armour.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
The only armour that looks good in Mass Effect 1 is the Phoenix set.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Gonna sue those writers for plagiarising my dream journal :mad:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Waltzing Along posted:

1 - consort, romance
3 - I think it's more for girl shep, isn't it? LIke you can bang toothbrush girl. I think it's romance, reporter ho and maybe one other.

I think in 2 you can gently caress Jack, sleep with Liara as part of the DLC, and then do your regular romance, at least if you imported a save where you romanced Liara in ME1.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
kassa fabrication colossus armor for life

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

marshmallow creep posted:

I think in 2 you can gently caress Jack, sleep with Liara as part of the DLC, and then do your regular romance, at least if you imported a save where you romanced Liara in ME1.

Kelly Chambers too, though that's more implied than anything

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

DancingShade posted:

Sex scenes in Andromeda should have that campsite NPC from dragon age 1 walk in with an exclamation mark over their head, saying "if you would like this scene to continue please purchase the DLC".

and then it charges you 100 dollars and informs everyone on your social media outlets that you purchased it

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

DancingShade posted:

Kai Leng would have worked a lot better if he had his own crew & ship that acted as a foil to yours.

But I guess that would have required more effort and compromised the Mary Sue sooooo

kai leng isnt a bad idea. making him sorta of a anti shepherd, the problem is he is basically something written out of the 90s but shittier. magic cyber ninja who is an evil mary sue. the only good part of him was his death where you can kinda see the shocked/pain on his face.

Waltzing Along posted:

1 - consort, romance

i went with ashley in the first game because i wasnt sure how all the asari poo poo was. i just went with tali in the sequels cause gently caress it, might as well.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010
On the topic of gear, I was always mildly disappointed that the ME Universe had all these weapon/armor manufacturers, but they had no identity or backstory to them. They were just names Bioware shoved in so they could make you run around a few different shops to get your guns and upgrades instead of just one guy.

It would be if the manufacturers had distinct design ideologies and it was reflected in the gameplay, like the ones in Borderlands 2.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Zakmonster posted:

On the topic of gear, I was always mildly disappointed that the ME Universe had all these weapon/armor manufacturers, but they had no identity or backstory to them. They were just names Bioware shoved in so they could make you run around a few different shops to get your guns and upgrades instead of just one guy.

It would be if the manufacturers had distinct design ideologies and it was reflected in the gameplay, like the ones in Borderlands 2.

I think some of the armors actually have unique things to each manufacturer, but they're not actually listed anywhere.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Just started replaying Mass Effect 3. I've been playing for 2 hours and I can't decide on my favourite part. The cut scene where you talk to Anderson, the cut scene where you talk to some Alliance people, the other cut scene where you talk to Anderson, the cut scene where you talk to hoodie child, the cut scene where you talk to Ashley, the cut scene where you talk to Liara, the cut scene where you talk to Bailey, the cut scene where you talk to the Council, the cut scene where you talk to Udina, the cut scene where you talk to Hackett GIVE ME THE loving NORMANDY YOU loving COCK poo poo oval office gently caress poo poo gently caress oval office MOTHERFUCKER

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Milky Moor posted:

I think some of the armors actually have unique things to each manufacturer, but they're not actually listed anywhere.

There are. One of the armor manufacturers, for example, is fluffed as mainly making hazardous environment armor. Lo and behold, on planets with Hazards (the ticking timer outside the Mako), they ignore Level 1 Hazard and treat Level 2 and 3 Hazard worlds as one step lower.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

This makes sense. I know you can't do Liara if you romance someone else before the DLC.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Cythereal posted:

There are. One of the armor manufacturers, for example, is fluffed as mainly making hazardous environment armor. Lo and behold, on planets with Hazards (the ticking timer outside the Mako), they ignore Level 1 Hazard and treat Level 2 and 3 Hazard worlds as one step lower.

If I remember right, Elkoss Combine stuff is usually cheap but mediocre stuff, as would be expected from mass-produced crap.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

DarkHorse posted:

If I remember right, Elkoss Combine stuff is usually cheap but mediocre stuff, as would be expected from mass-produced crap.

Ditto Hahn-Kedar, which is the Alliance's main equipment supplier and indeed your default guns and armor in every game in the series are Hahn-Kedar products.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Waltzing Along posted:

This makes sense. I know you can't do Liara if you romance someone else before the DLC.

And then you could give Morinth a ring if you're that desperate for more.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

And then you could give Morinth a ring if you're that desperate for more.

Don't you have to romance her?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Waltzing Along posted:

Don't you have to romance her?

No.

Because it kills you.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Nah, Morinth is down for it if you convince her and you both survive the collector base attack. She bigs up your ego a bit and tries to convince you that maybe you'll be different because you're so special. Then you die.

I know I had at least one run where I romanced someone normally and then got deaded by Morinth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

quote:

BioFan ‏@biofanofficial
does your 🔥🔥🔥 Ryder feel limiting in combat or like a totally fine way to spec?

Ian S. Frazier @tibermoon
I was seduced by the power of tech combos and added overload into my build. But now I'm working on crafting a gun that >>

>> will let me get the most out of my incendiary rounds, for maximum fire potential.

BioFan ‏@biofanofficial
there's a way to tweak a gun to get more out of ammo modifications?

Ian S. Frazier ‏@tibermoon
Yup. And to maximize your combos. I'm going for both, using some kett tech I found.

quote:

Saitama-Sensei ‏@senseisaitama1p
In ME:A on PC, can we adjust the resolution scale from 1%-200%? Dragon Age Inquisition only went up to 1%-100%.

The range MEA currently supports is 25%-200%, though we're still tinkering, so might allow lower than 25% if folks want it.