Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

NecroMonster posted:

how do you do perma charge juggernaut?

It's just a talent you can pick, 5A. Then fill out your bar with momentum generators and invuln.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Ramadu posted:

Man reddit is like in full on apology mode for the game, https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/5pdrih/marvel_heroes_2016_newest_update_has_been_met_by/?st=iy9aw6b8&sh=e459beaa . Geez, I have no idea how these people played the game because uhhh its not good now!!!! I like the top voted comment is from one of our own too
everything about the design philosophy of these updates is a good idea in my opinion. the defense rework was the last positive step forward for this game and i think that was like... a year and a half ago? every bit of content in the game had become trivialized.

i actually like the "playing the game" part of this game, but i understand why people who just wanted a less interactive version than marvel future fight would be upset

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Ghost of Starman posted:

Still crashing like a motherfucker. Think it's getting worse/more frequent. :(

Before I submit a whiny complaint ticket to Gaz, can I ask one thing? I've been keeping an eye on my power usage and GPU temperature, since something about Marvel Heroes 2016 (but not other, presumably more-taxing games) makes my case fan rev up like crazy. I think I'm still within acceptable temp ranges (mid-80s), but is it possible that overheating could cause a bunch of errors like
"Kernel32.dll"
"ntdll.dll"
"fatal error!
address = 0x0 (filename not found. DbgHelp error 126)".

you're on a 32 bit OS, yeah? Memory limit?

failing that paste the last 20 lines or so of your log file

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Are Eternity Splinters not dropping anymore? :psyduck:

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

BrianWilly posted:

Are Eternity Splinters not dropping anymore? :psyduck:

Since when? I've made like, 50 over the past day.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

They are still dropping - I got like 8 or 9 during my ~two hours of play last night. Weirdly I got a burst of 5 and a double at one point without any non-xp boosts running, so maybe they were actually live tuned off.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Content is still pretty much trivialized if you have a pulse and a pair of neurons to form a thought. The main point of infinite teleports wasn't to avoid the blatant red outline, but to just get from one worthwhile encounter to the next, it is still piss easy to avoid poo poo from bosses with the limited dashes you have now. Killing bosses a bit more slowly isn't that big of a deal since it allows them to get some abilities off, but very little has changed in terms of actual playable content for the end game. The biggest change is that the 2s of invulnerability from medkits are gone and that really did need to go.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

PaybackJack posted:

Kind of feel sorry for the little boy with austism whose grandfather died and left him without an account to play on.

I mean it's probably just some guy wanting to sell his account but Mr.Gaz being real heartless about that one. "Sorry when you die, nobody gets to inherit your account." Never thought that would be in the EULA.

That complaint was a serious example of dumb. The parents were complaining that their father's account couldn't be transferred to their son. They were told this couldn't happen because the EULA only permits transfers to the owner's children. So why didn't they just say "OK, transfer it to me then" and give their son the password?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Grinning Goblin posted:

Content is still pretty much trivialized if you have a pulse and a pair of neurons to form a thought. The main point of infinite teleports wasn't to avoid the blatant red outline, but to just get from one worthwhile encounter to the next, it is still piss easy to avoid poo poo from bosses with the limited dashes you have now. Killing bosses a bit more slowly isn't that big of a deal since it allows them to get some abilities off, but very little has changed in terms of actual playable content for the end game. The biggest change is that the 2s of invulnerability from medkits are gone and that really did need to go.
i think this is just wrong based on my experience leveling up a bunch of people. i have had a ton of fun in fights against elites and bosses, with chest rooms, world events, etc. game is legitimately challenging in way more situations than it was before.

as for level 60 stuff, the difficulty wave of this patch is the part that matters for that and it's not here yet. trying to make observations about the difficulty of the game with regards to your characters that were steamrolling the game before aren't really valid. the changes to movement allow them to create harder difficulties that are not simple pass/fail tests like stuff was before.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

NecroMonster posted:

how do you do perma charge juggernaut?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I find hand ninjas are unusually bullshit for some reason because dashes either CC break or they move you, and they don't provide any CC immunity so as soon as you get mobbed by ninjas you can't do anything because they're chain stun kicking you in the face.

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008

Sion posted:

you're on a 32 bit OS, yeah? Memory limit?

failing that paste the last 20 lines or so of your log file

No, it's 64-bit...

Apologies for the text-spam:

Dumb Crash Log posted:

(...)
Address = 0x225fc7fc (filename not found. DbgHelp error 487) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Marvel Heroes\unrealengine3\binaries\win64\MarvelHeroes2016.exe]
Address = 0x225fc86a (filename not found. DbgHelp error 487) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Marvel Heroes\unrealengine3\binaries\win64\MarvelHeroes2016.exe]
Address = 0x226045ad (filename not found. DbgHelp error 487) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Marvel Heroes\unrealengine3\binaries\win64\MarvelHeroes2016.exe]
Address = 0x22eded91 (filename not found. DbgHelp error 487) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Marvel Heroes\unrealengine3\binaries\win64\MarvelHeroes2016.exe]
Address = 0xfb2b13d2 (filename not found. DbgHelp error 487) [in C:\WINDOWS\system32\KERNEL32.DLL]
Address = 0xfb7254e4 (filename not found. DbgHelp error 487) [in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll]
Address = 0xfb7254e4 (filename not found. DbgHelp error 487) [in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll]

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Done a repair through Steam Library > Right-Click game > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity?

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
Try turnin' off your steam overlay, from what I can see by googling it. If that doesn't work ask gaz :[

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I feel like an idiot for asking this, but as Jean Grey how do you become dark phoenix?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

That isn't what Perma means.

I assumed, based on the language used, that you guys meant there was a way to always be charging, but you just meant the talent that turns the move into a spender instead of a cooldown.

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008

Yeah, tried both of those. :shobon: Oh well - thanks anyways. Guess I'm off to throw myself into the Tech Support briar patch.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I feel like an idiot for asking this, but as Jean Grey how do you become dark phoenix?

Her first talent tier is what sets what type of Jean you want.

To pop into phoenix form (or super phoenix form if you're already phoenix) you have an ability called Phoenix Unleashed or something like that.

Edit: It's called Expel Phoenix Force now apparently.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jan 23, 2017

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

yeah I mean technically it's not permanent, though it can be in a Danger Room scenario with test of blood (gives you infinite momentum)

you can combine Cost Reduction (caps at 50%) and max momentum to charge for a really long time, if you want

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

You don't want to always be charging because that would make selling items or even switching characters impossible. But what you think the talent would do, which is turn it from a cooldown into a momentum dump, doesn't work out that way because it doesn't eat up that much momentum so any time you stop charging you almost instantly have full momentum again and can go straight back to charging.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Grinning Goblin posted:

The main point of infinite teleports wasn't to avoid the blatant red outline, but to just get from one worthwhile encounter to the next

Yeah, this. The charges on your dash means you need to use your sprint, and the charge up time on your sprint means that you won't want to ever stop running so the levelling experience is now sprinting to the boss ASAP instead of teleporting to the boss ASAP.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

The good thing is they removed cosmic bounties, so sprinting to the boss is always the best option despite their stated intent being to reduce boss rushing.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

But I liked getting the bounty :( and killing mafia guys :(

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

take this talent and then Expel Phoenix Force will turn into another button that turns you into dark phoenix

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

improve the XP in Danger Room and replace every terminal with a base scenario equivalent to it with the random mods and the requirement to fill progression up before you get to fight the boss

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Tried to prestige Doom and can't finish the Prologue raft

now I've done it

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Kokoro Wish posted:

Since when? I've made like, 50 over the past day.
Okay, I just got four (at once) after about two hours of play. Did they futz it up or something or what's the what here

More derping: How do I reset my pet affixes? The crafter doesn't seem to have it?

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
I'm not a fan of how story missions are gated when you prestige. I understand why they did it, but drat it's going to get old hitting 60 a little after killing Juggy.

They also managed to make it so that I see less of the game now that bouncing around chapters is pointless. :laugh:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

BrianWilly posted:

More derping: How do I reset my pet affixes? The crafter doesn't seem to have it?
The recipes were livetuned off because something was broken.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Tried to prestige Doom and can't finish the Prologue raft

now I've done it

I got the same thing, posted about it a few pages back. I contacted Michael Norris but he seemed kinda disinterested. (In fairness, it's the weekend.)

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Of the three heroes I've played so far:

Jean is bugged to hell and back. Lol if you've geared her for hybrid 'cuz all of that is completely worthless now. And am I reading this right or does she have no powers that apply vulnerability now?

Summoner Iceman is about a quarter as effective as before. Maybe less. Also, someone was really drunk when they created the Chilling Construct talent. Glacial Wall now creates a DOT effect...but the wall pushes enemies back like ten feet, moving them well out of the effect area. You can now shatter the wall for damage...but the wall pushes enemies back like ten feet, moving them well out of the effect area.

Storm is great. :buddy:

So, one improvement so far, two downgrades. What a mess.

e: I may have spoken a bit soon on Jean. Bugged or not, vulnerability or not, she's still pretty OP.

BrianWilly fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jan 23, 2017

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

After her first patch, Storm is truly Omega class. You can just fly around with her damage aura and murder fools like it ain't no thang.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

BrianWilly posted:

And am I reading this right or does [Jean] have no powers that apply vulnerability now?
In Phoenix form she doesn't, no. Just one of numerous issues/bugs that made it unaddressed from TC to Live.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

At least Jean is getting Energy as a main attribute this upcoming week.

sakeyake
Feb 1, 2004

Ghost of Starman posted:

I'm enjoying getting back into this, but ffffuck my graphics card does not seem to play nice with Gaz's clusterfuck of code. Has anybody run into problems with Nvidia cards (specifically GTX 660)? I've tried clocking up, I've tried clocking down, I've tried increasing the power limit while clocking down... :shrug:

Have you tried just not running any overclocking/GPU monitoring software at all? I've never been able to run EVGA Precision or MSI Afterburner and Marvel Heroes at the same time without constant black screens I can't alt-tab out of.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Tried out chains Ghost Rider and, man, GR got ruined. His awesome bike-riding badass ult got changed to a wimpy, crappy thing where tiny chains appear and spin around and spit fire on their own with no control of where they do damage. He has no spirit restore anymore. Chains Ablaze got changed to a steroid instead of a passive and you have to choose between it or Infernal Contract. Penance Stare's damage is pathetic. All of his uniques have Str and Int on them but he gets damage from Str and Energy. Like many heroes, he suffers from not enough hotkeys and again really needs his dash and signature to have their own keybindings. But at least he's still durable while doing crap damage.

Also tried out melee Vision. It's hard to find a good balance with him. He's simpler to play now but also suffers from needing 2 more hotkeys. His damage output is better than ever but he's farrrr squishier now that there's no bar space for healing nanites or his invisibility. Also charmed pets like his robot require you to have the charm ability on your hotbar now. So you fly in, pop your 2 big explosions from sig and overclocking, then just die. Stacking up defense through infinity nodes and talents does help a lot but not quite enough. And fighting non-bosses just blows because there's no space on your bar for any decent aoe besides your sig and overclocking.

Overall so far, despite Human Torch being awesome, I'm in the camp of the game is way less fun now.

Lozareth fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jan 23, 2017

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

He was originally Str/Int and I guess Gaz has forgotten that they should change the unique stats when they do archetype reviews

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

I think Ghostrider was the only one from that batch. I think the guy in charge of that commented on it.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Lozareth posted:

Also tried out melee Vision. It's hard to find a good balance with him. He's simpler to play now but also suffers from needing 2 more hotkeys. His damage output is better than ever but he's farrrr squishier now that there's no bar space for healing nanites or his invisibility. Also charmed pets like his robot require you to have the charm ability on your hotbar now. So you fly in, pop your 2 big explosions from sig and overclocking, then just die. Stacking up defense through infinity nodes and talents does help a lot but not quite enough. And fighting non-bosses just blows because there's no space on your bar for any decent aoe besides your sig and overclocking.

it does suck you have to have AI Hack on your bar just to have your pet summoned

but nanites you can have auto-cast with a talent and vision has plenty of invulnerability moves with his crashdowns, phase change, and dash/teleport it shouldn't be THAT hard to stay alive, worst case scenario just put on a Perseus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

Lozareth posted:

Tried out chains Ghost Rider and, man, GR got ruined. His awesome bike-riding badass ult got changed to a wimpy, crappy thing where tiny chains appear and spin around and spit fire on their own with no control of where they do damage. He has no spirit restore anymore. Chains Ablaze got changed to a steroid instead of a passive and you have to choose between it or Infernal Contract. Penance Stare's damage is pathetic. All of his uniques have Str and Int on them but he gets damage from Str and Energy. Like many heroes, he suffers from not enough hotkeys and again really needs his dash and signature to have their own keybindings. But at least he's still durable while doing crap damage.

My beautiful bone son, what have they done

I don't want to see this for myself but at the same time I have to do it. I need to know.