Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Policenaut posted:

Xbox 360, a console 12 years old now, had it too!

11 years and 2 months old, we're still young dammit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Spellman posted:

The first use of stick clicking ever in a Nintendo game...

Xenoblade X used the stick click to run

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
More I think about Arms more I think that's going to be a darn good game. If Nintendo has really gotten its act together with regard to online play, and I can just stand in my living room and punch people all day that sounds p amazing imo

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Nolgthorn posted:

More I think about Arms more I think that's going to be a darn good game. If Nintendo has really gotten its act together with regard to online play, and I can just stand in my living room and punch people all day that sounds p amazing imo

Only real potential issue I see with ARMS is the price relative to the amount of content the game has.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Gutcruncher posted:

Splatoon uses stick clicking to make me die by calling for an inkstrike when I panic

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Pureauthor posted:

Only real potential issue I see with ARMS is the price relative to the amount of content the game has.

It's a fighting game. Those have sold like nuts for all time and this one has a few neat mechanics it looks fuun.

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

Nolgthorn posted:

It's a fighting game. Those have sold like nuts for all time and this one has a few neat mechanics it looks fuun.

Street Fighter V didn't sell too well specifically because it launched without a lot of critical features that fighting game casuals really want in FGs, namely a story mode/arcade mode.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

bowmore posted:

paying off my switch preorder tomorrow

yeah boiiii

Hey "Already paid off the Switch" buddy :hfive:

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

pissdude posted:

Street Fighter V didn't sell too well specifically because it launched without a lot of critical features that fighting game casuals really want in FGs, namely a story mode/arcade mode.

Yeah. As a casual who's generally not better than the average fighting game player and gets his rear end kicked every time I go online, I still /like/ fighters, I just want to play at, you know, a level I can deal with. Namely, lovely AI opponents.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Infinitum posted:

Hey "Already paid off the Switch" buddy :hfive:

*double highfives*

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Yeah there's a reason Netherrealm is destroying the competition in sales and it's name is Story Mode.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

pissdude posted:

I had a good laugh at the Marvel vs Capcom Infinite press release where they spent a good third of it repeatedly going over that it'll have Story Mode and Arcade and all that stuff.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm guessing there'll be a storymode similar to Splatoon in length and I wouldn't even put it pass them if it's also more an action platformer as well.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

So I'm not too worried about the short term growth of titles available because Zelda will take me 6 months to complete, at least.
Would be about a month if I was still in middle school and hated going outside or talking to people or being a good person.

Then if we get Smash and Mario close enough to one another, that's probably another year of development.
I say this to myself, mostly, because I *am* a little nervous.

If their commitment to third party and indie developers is true, I'm going to be very happy.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
So the Switch is going to be even more awesome to me now since we found out on Friday that my wife is pregnant. This is our first child.

I have a feeling that there's going to be some moments in the next year where I need to get away and being able to sit on the shitter and play Zelda or play Super Mario Odyssey in the car while I'm "out to get milk" is awesome.

Nintendo is no longer for kids. It's for dads.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Name your kid Reggie

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Anidav posted:

Name your kid Reggie

Iwata :colbert:

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.
Kinda surprised I haven't seen scalpers posts on kijiji/craigslist with Switch sales like I normally do for new consoles..guess people are going to keep them. I've got mine pre-ordered with the special edition botw.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Inzombiac posted:

So I'm not too worried about the short term growth of titles available because Zelda will take me 6 months to complete, at least.
Would be about a month if I was still in middle school and hated going outside or talking to people or being a good person.

Then if we get Smash and Mario close enough to one another, that's probably another year of development.
I say this to myself, mostly, because I *am* a little nervous.

If their commitment to third party and indie developers is true, I'm going to be very happy.

If every game that is in development or is slated for release gets finished, there will be over 100 games. And most of that will be out by the end of 2018. There are going to be a lot of games.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Goobs posted:

Kinda surprised I haven't seen scalpers posts on kijiji/craigslist with Switch sales like I normally do for new consoles..guess people are going to keep them. I've got mine pre-ordered with the special edition botw.

It's hard to sell a preorder on a face to face website. Really easy to get scammed that way.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Anidav posted:

Name your kid Reggie

If my wife utters "my body is ready" when she goes into labor then it's a sign.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Waltzing Along posted:

It's hard to sell a preorder on a face to face website. Really easy to get scammed that way.

A friend of a friend allegedly sped around and picked up 26 preorders and paid them all off with scalping in mind.

I hope he ends up losing money.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Inzombiac posted:

A friend of a friend allegedly sped around and picked up 26 preorders and paid them all off with scalping in mind.

He might lose some $$ in gas and time. But odds are, if he plays things well, he should make 3-4000 dollars. If things are really crazy at launch and people just can't buy them day one at all, he might make over 6k.

Unless he is like the idiot I saw selling them on Ebay for $410. After paying $320 each w/ tax. And not taking into account the 10% ebay fee and paypal fee. Assuming those sold, he's going to make less than $50 each. Doesn't seem to be worth the time.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

Tell your friend to sever immediately

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Gutcruncher posted:

Oh

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

Waltzing Along posted:

He might lose some $$ in gas and time. But odds are, if he plays things well, he should make 3-4000 dollars. If things are really crazy at launch and people just can't buy them day one at all, he might make over 6k.

Unless he is like the idiot I saw selling them on Ebay for $410. After paying $320 each w/ tax. And not taking into account the 10% ebay fee and paypal fee. Assuming those sold, he's going to make less than $50 each. Doesn't seem to be worth the time.

Right now it's pretty easy to consistently find them for 450 on Ebay. I imagine the high point will be in the middle/towards the end of next month when people who want it start regret not preordering. I doubt they much past 500-550 though.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

"Tell me how many balls are in you...."

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Megasabin posted:

Right now it's pretty easy to consistently find them for 450 on Ebay. I imagine the high point will be in the middle/towards the end of next month when people who want it start regret not preordering. I doubt they much past 500-550 though.

Yeah, I don't see them going over $550. But you never know what is going to happen. Look at the NES Classic. That was going for $250 pretty consistently. There will be more switches, but the demand is also much higher.

If:

1 - no more preorders show up before launch

Then:

at launch there will be a ton of people trying to get them. And people get really dumb with their $$$ when it comes to these things.

If:

2 - at launch there are not enough in stock to meet demand

then: ebay prices will go up.

It would take a perfect storm of demand and lack of stock, but these things could go for 2x retail or more.

I doubt it, though. There are so many people involved in the resellers market now that there will be a flood out there. It's not like the PS2 when there were relatively few buying to resell. But back then, people could consistently buy 2 consoles and sell the 2nd for enough to pay for both.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Please do not post these anime sex children

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Supercar Gautier posted:

Please do not post these anime sex children

I'm not going to have any choice once the Switch gets Vita's library.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Mods: please make anime sex chidren pics bannable.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
If anyone's wondering if Nintendo has online figured out, their Japanese website attempted to open an online store that ties in with the My Nintendo ecosystem, selling exclusive and non-exclusive hardware, software, and accessories. It's supposed to have gone online almost 6 hours ago and the servers have been down the entire time.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I'm not going to have any choice once the Switch gets Vita's library.

It's not like you have to go far

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Spellman posted:

It's not like you have to go far

What is this.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
Anime

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Jonas Albrecht posted:

What is this.

Just imagine Pokemon, except instead of catching wild monsters, you create magical infants with your classmate to do your battling

I think that's the cleanest way to write this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Spellman posted:

Just imagine Pokemon, except instead of catching wild monsters, you create magical infants with your classmate to do your battling

I think that's the cleanest way to write this

I did not think to imagine they were being literal with the title...

• Locked thread