Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Spellman posted:

Just imagine Pokemon, except instead of catching wild monsters, you create magical infants with your classmate to do your battling

I think that's the cleanest way to write this

I looked up the wiki, found the term "classmating" :stare: and oh boy yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Harem: In the harem ending Wake chooses to invite all of the heroines to the festival, as he knows that selecting only one of them would upset the others. The girls are shown talking to one another, where they each confess that they had asked Wake to accompany them. They then admit that they also knew that he was paying attention to all of them at the same time, but chose not to do anything because they didn't think that they could do anything about it as strong bonds were needed in order to create strong Star Children and that he was not doing so just because he was being calculative. Wake finds his teammates all dressed in fancy dresses, and is urged to pick one of them. The scene then shifts to show Wake accompanying all of the heroines as they visit each other's home towns as well as assist Ellie in eliminating Heretics.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
Sounds like fire emblem tbh

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

When are we getting a Pokemon where you directly control your monster in an arena?
No, Pokken is not what I mean.

I want what I thought Pokemon Colosseum was going to be.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Inzombiac posted:

When are we getting a Pokemon where you directly control your monster in an arena?
No, Pokken is not what I mean.

I want what I thought Pokemon Colosseum was going to be.

Never. That's like 600 characters to program moves for. Not going to happen.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

koolkal posted:

Sounds like fire emblem tbh

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Infinitum posted:

Harem: In the harem ending Wake chooses to invite all of the heroines to the festival, as he knows that selecting only one of them would upset the others. The girls are shown talking to one another, where they each confess that they had asked Wake to accompany them. They then admit that they also knew that he was paying attention to all of them at the same time, but chose not to do anything because they didn't think that they could do anything about it as strong bonds were needed in order to create strong Star Children and that he was not doing so just because he was being calculative. Wake finds his teammates all dressed in fancy dresses, and is urged to pick one of them. The scene then shifts to show Wake accompanying all of the heroines as they visit each other's home towns as well as assist Ellie in eliminating Heretics.

But is there alimony in this universe

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

I'm concerned there's something wrong with my switch. It started smoking.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
they need to do a Cowboy Bebop Switch theme

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

bowmore posted:

they need to do a Cowboy Bebop Switch theme

3,2,1 let's jam... the Switch into the dock thing!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZVpHM7UYNQ

Re-examining the FoxConn leak from way back when.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Policenaut posted:

I had a good laugh at the Marvel vs Capcom Infinite press release where they spent a good third of it repeatedly going over that it'll have Story Mode and Arcade and all that stuff.

Well they sure as hell can't afford another SFV fiasco, and when they say "story mode" it had better be on par with what Netherrealm brings to the table.

Bombadilillo posted:

Never. That's like 600 characters to program moves for. Not going to happen.

Try 800. :v:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Apparently the pre-orders from Nintendo Japan started today. And in an encouraging sign the store website has been down for the whole day. Good job, Nintendo.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Best thing about the Jap store being down is the error image :3:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Eventually, we'll learn to stop doing this.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Takoluka posted:

Eventually, we'll learn to stop doing this.

Being insulted by abbreviations? One can only hope.

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

Infinitum posted:

Being insulted by abbreviations? One can only hope.

using a derogatory term and trying to hide behind an excuse.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Try "JP Store".

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

irlZaphod posted:

Try "JP Store".

"JPN" Also works.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

No I'll just continue using the same regional abbreviations I've used for years, if you want to be offended by it be my guest but I'm certainly not using them in a derogatory manner.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Cool, let's double-down on using slurs because it's convenient. Good call.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

Infinitum posted:

No I'll just continue using the same regional abbreviations I've used for years, if you want to be offended by it be my guest but I'm certainly not using them in a derogatory manner.

Dude infinitum I love you but this is not the hill you want to die on

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

"I've been using the N word for years, I sure as hell aren't about to stop now." - A Racist.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Just so we're clear I'm using it in the Eng Jap Ger Ita Spa Chi Lat Fra subtitle selection sense.

Jesus gently caress people

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Just so we're clear I'm using it in the Eng Jap Ger Ita Spa Chi Lat Fra subtitle selection sense.

Jesus gently caress people
Ok but one of those "abbreviations" is used as a derogatory term for the citizens of that country, while the others aren't.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

how do slurs work

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

how do slurs work

A classic.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

speaking of JPN, I am Setsuna is confirmed for Switch launch. Digital only.

I never played the PS4 version so I'm curious about this game.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Leaked concept art for No More Heroes 3

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

irlZaphod posted:

Ok but one of those "abbreviations" is used as a derogatory term for the citizens of that country, while the others aren't.

What did you think of RE:Zero Kara? I think it was probably one of the stronger releases of the 2016 anime season, but it was good to see Diamond is Unbreakable finally released in full. Did you prefer the HorribleSubs release, or did you prefer the Deadfish release like I did where they got the Stand names correct?
I'm chomping at the bit for the eng subs for Gaki No Tsukai's NYE No Laughing special to finally be released, because I have a bit of a hard time understanding the Kansai dialect with my limited understanding of Japanese.

As I said my Japanese isn't the greatest, so I'm actually thinking of actually taking a course in the next year or so to learn it correctly. I mean I've got an absolutely extensive post history of liking anime and all things Japan, but please continue to think I'm being derogatory when I'm using media abbreviations.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

"I'm not racist, I have lots of black friends!!!!" - A Racist.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Infinitum posted:

What did you think of RE:Zero Kara? I think it was probably one of the stronger releases of the 2016 anime season, but it was good to see Diamond is Unbreakable finally released in full. Did you prefer the HorribleSubs release, or did you prefer the Deadfish release like I did where they got the Stand names correct?
I'm chomping at the bit for the eng subs for Gaki No Tsukai's NYE No Laughing special to finally be released, because I have a bit of a hard time understanding the Kansai dialect with my limited understanding of Japanese.

As I said my Japanese isn't the greatest, so I'm actually thinking of actually taking a course in the next year or so to learn it correctly. I mean I've got an absolutely extensive post history of liking anime and all things Japan, but please continue to think I'm being derogatory when I'm using media abbreviations.

:eyepop:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Nobody thinks you're being deliberately offensive btw, we're just trying to help you understand that the term you're using is somewhat inappropriate.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Leaked concept art for No More Heroes 3
They already essentially did this boss in NMH 2.

Boombox guy.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

irlZaphod posted:

Nobody thinks you're being deliberately offensive btw, we're just trying to help you understand that the term you're using is somewhat inappropriate.

Cool, and as I said if I was using it in a derogatory manner you'd be well aware that I was using it in such a manner, and not saying how cute it is their store is using Godzilla as their error code image with a :3: at the end.

ANYWAY

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

how do slurs work

What am I missin' here

Edit: oh yeah, the word "spastic" offends some people. Jesus fuckin' Christ

enojy fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Jan 23, 2017

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Why are you fighting for your right to use an awkward thing where you type 3/5ths of the name of a country and it happens to be a slur from WW2. Why not just type two more letters?

Then you did a follow-up post where you typed Japanese or Japan several times, and lots of other letters and words. How much time did you save with those two letters?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I've said my piece on the matter.

Let it stand.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Cool, and as I said if I was using it in a derogatory manner you'd be well aware that I was using it in such a manner, and not saying how cute it is their store is using Godzilla as their error code image with a :3: at the end.

ANYWAY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
OK so somehow I didn't know the word polack was a slur until I was embarrassingly old. I'd probably come across it in some old book or movie somewhere and it never really came up in my life. One day I used it in passing and was told that was a disparaging, racist term. Rather than spend a page defensively blustering about how I'm not racist, and deliberately using the term again and again in order to bait people into arguing with me, I went, Oh poo poo, I had no idea, and never used it as a substitute for Pole or Polish again.

JPN is only three letters. JP is two. Japan is five and oh horror of horrors Japanese is eight. You have plenty of options that don't have a history of denigrating another race, one of which is even less cumbersome to type out than the one you choose. Why don't you use those instead?

• Locked thread