Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

tumor looking batty posted:

Can't believe Trump is President..

Careful or u might get a positive post count

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

tumor looking batty posted:

Can't believe Trump is President..

I'm not. America is a terrible place.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
*shrug* when you have a house with wheels, it doesn't matter a whole lot.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

cursedshitbox posted:

*shrug* when you have a house with wheels, it doesn't matter a whole lot.

Quit living the dream we all have. It's unfair to the rest of us and also can I like, live on the roof or something?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

This just in: shady businesses selling shady stuff are using free (for non-commercial use) software. Color me surprised.

This is on a bigass billboard next to I-35E (close in size to your run of the mill electronic billboard that you rent, not the size a private business would usually have), and it's owned by the company advertising HIDZZZZZZ. And much like HIDZ, that sign is loving blinding at night.

:golfclap:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Rhyno posted:

Quit living the dream we all have. It's unfair to the rest of us and also can I like, live on the roof or something?

I'm probably not up to the magnitude of individual you'd surround yourself with. that said, buses are easy as gently caress to obtain :D...keeping em going...hoboy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

cursedshitbox posted:

I'm probably not up to the magnitude of individual you'd surround yourself with. that said, buses are easy as gently caress to obtain :D...keeping em going...hoboy.

We have a pretty lax screening process, I'm sure you can make the cut.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
when are we getting a mod again all this freedom is scary

dont hug me im scared

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Adiabatic posted:

when are we getting a mod again all this freedom is scary

dont hug me im scared

Lowtax said he will be modding you by tomorrow

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

guys i think i met someone :)
Super super cautious with the optimism but something has to go well for me after a couple months of straight garbage, right?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Shrugs Not Drugs posted:

guys i think i met someone :)
Super super cautious with the optimism but something has to go well for me after a couple months of straight garbage, right?

Have you tried gay garbage?

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

e: this was a lovely joke.

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Jan 23, 2017

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
IN BEAVER WE (DONT) THRUST.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Time to make the February chat thread.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

CharlesM posted:

Time to make the February chat thread.

I think we should adopt the car magazine model and just start a March thread.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

nm posted:

I think we should adopt the car magazine model and just start a March thread.

I'm going to release a rival April thread.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Reverse the trend, see how far into February we can go with this thread now that there's no mod to close it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
gently caress that, I'm making a new Dec 2016 thread.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Rhyno posted:

Tag you are now the OP of the next chat thread.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Make an october 2016 thread, we have to go back

back when the words "president of the united states donald trump" were the punchline of a funny joke.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Rhyno posted:

I have. You seem to find a lot more empty lube bottles, but it seems pretty much the same otherwise. :iiam:

Shrugs Not Drugs posted:

e: this was a lovely joke.

They don't call it "shitdick" for nothing.

e: vvvv sup babe?

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Jan 23, 2017

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

I have. You seem to find a lot more empty lube bottles, but it seems pretty much the same otherwise. :iiam:

They don't call it "shitdick" for nothing.

sup

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Tag you are now the OP of the next chat thread.

Just remind me.

So, no news on the hunt for my friend's killer. No suspects. Just a blurry picture of a car. But, I opened up to a lot of people who were worried and talking about it has helped tremendously. I'm still sad but I'm starting to shake the funk a bit and I'm finding things to be funny again which is a definite change from the last 8 days or so.

And it's a good thing because my girlfriend's father is no longer responding to his cancer treatments and I'm gonna have to be strong for her in the immediate future.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

They sure aren't wasting any time.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/586/text?r=13

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Do not my friends become addicted to progress! It will take hold of you and you will resent its absence

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

i imagine this sort of thing and the last one gets introduced on the first day of every new congress but goes nowhere...usually.....

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
I hate the fact you can't sell anything on kijiji in this county without everyone coming out of the woodwork to offer you $200 for your running and driving car. Maybe I should just part the bitch out and sawsall into the trash what I can't sell.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Only mods worthwhile are the mods on my car

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

KozmoNaut posted:

Greatest purchase ever, if you like baking:

:smug:

My favorite dough is:

375ml water mixed with ~8g of dry yeast and 1/2 tbsp sugar, let sit for a couple of minutes. Mix 500g flour with 2/3rds tbsp salt. Add half of that to the water/yeast mixture and mix together gently into a lumpy paste, don't overwork it. Add a splash of olive oil. Let that mixture sit for half an hour with a cloth over it. Take the resulting yucky-looking stringy mousse and mix in the rest of the flour.

Once it's decently combined, start kneading like a madman (or turn on your fancy electric mixer) and knead the gently caress out of it. Seriously, like 15 minutes if kneading by hand. Lightly add flour as needed. The dough should end up smooth and elastic and not too sticky.

Coat the dough with olive oil, cover it and let it sit for at least an hour.

Remove cover, punch down dough, knead it, reshape into a ball, then coat with olive oil, cover and let rest again for at least 30 minutes.

Done, and it's the best pizza dough I've ever been able to make at home.

Seeing as you're doing easy mode fancy trying an experiment? When you've mixed the dough up, cover the bowl with cling film/saran wrap/that clingy plastic poo poo TIGHT and then load it into your fridge. After 24 hours, load it back into the mixer and chuck some more flour at it. Cover over again and load into your fridge. Do this a couple more times.

When you get that poo poo out, mixer and flour it one last time it won't need much and then make pizzas. It'll now be nicely flavoured as it'll have fermented in the fridge and you'll be able to get some stupid thin pizzas out of it. If you want you can now use that dough as a starter for more flavouriffic pizzas.

Also when you're cold rising it, it'll keep for about 2 weeks so pizza whenever you want for a bit of effort at the start. Filtered/spring water is a good start too and the only thing I measure (700ml because I make loads of dough), just hurl the rest in and mix.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I've done the overnight dough a couple of times, but never over multiple days. I'll have to give that a shot.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

3 days = good poo poo, seems to top out in flavour about 5 days in as the yeast can't do any more.

The method I use is a less wordy version of this http://www.varasanos.com/pizzarecipe.htm

Turfing pizza sized balls into plastic baggies once it's all risen and fermented is easymode for the hungry

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Jan 23, 2017

MonkeyNutZ
Dec 26, 2008

"A cave isn't gonna cut it, we're going to have to use Beebo"
Speaking of over night pizza dough, this is hands down my favorite recipe:

http://slice.seriouseats.com/archives/2013/01/the-pizza-lab-the-worlds-easiest-pizza-no-knead-no-stretch-pan-pizza.html

I've made this recipe at least a dozen times at this point and it's peak pizza for me. No kneading, it flattens itself into the pan, and you can go crazy with the toppings and still end up with a kickass fried crust.

MonkeyNutZ fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Jan 23, 2017

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
The conference paper had a small stipend associated with it so I had to ask my employer if it was cool to do it outside of normal business hours or if there was a conflict of interest or whatever.

:frogsiren: They just cleared it and want to paste it fuckin everywhere if it gets published :frogsiren:

ALL SYSTEMS GO LETS DO THIS THING

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Rhyno posted:

It's equally bad. Trust me I've played both sides of the fence.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

MonkeyNutZ posted:

http://slice.seriouseats.com/archives/2013/01/the-pizza-lab-the-worlds-easiest-pizza-no-knead-no-stretch-pan-pizza.html

I've made this recipe at least a dozen times at this point and it's peak pizza for me. No kneading, it flattens itself into the pan, and you can go crazy with the toppings and still end up with a kickass fried crust.

I am yet to make a pan pizza, I must rectify this. Thanks.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

MonkeyNutZ posted:

This is my go to pizza recipe at home. I've worked in enough pizza restaurants to know I'm never going to make a good satisfactory thin crust pizza at home. This is the closest I've got to great pizza at home. Also, if you don't have a good cast iron pan, go kill yourself buy one now.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Adiabatic posted:

The conference paper had a small stipend associated with it so I had to ask my employer if it was cool to do it outside of normal business hours or if there was a conflict of interest or whatever.

:frogsiren: They just cleared it and want to paste it fuckin everywhere if it gets published :frogsiren:

Hey man, that sounds pretty darn neat. Congrats!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Adiabatic posted:

Blow them all away with your paper magic.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

bolind posted:

This. It's about a quarter of the price and tenfold the quality of takeaway, and it's piss easy.

Least fancy/most lazy option:
  • Make dough out of 700g water, 800g wheat flour (up to 25% of this can be whole grain), 16g salt and 7g yeast. Knead until you can't feel your arms, then store in fridge for somewhere between 24 and 72 hours. This will make eight pizzas, so scale according to hunger. Or make pizzas three days in a row.
  • Preheat oven to $TEMP_OF_SUN. If you have a pizza stone or a baking steel, use that.
  • Take dough out of fridge to let it get up to room temp, makes it more flexible and easier to work with.
  • Dust you work surface with durum flour (or any flour), gently stretch oil filter sized chunk of dough into something resembling a pizza. Remember, it's not ugly and misshapen, it's artisinal. Finish this on a flour dusted sheet of baking paper so it's easier to move into the oven.
  • Put on whatever pasta/pizza sauce your local grocery store sells in jar.
  • Put on toppings. I like sliced red onion and bell pepper. Cheese can be grated mozzarella or sliced fresh. Some meats, like salami and parma ham, give better results if they're put on right when the pizza comes out of the oven. Do keep moisture content in mind. Fresh mozzarella and lots of watery veggies can make things a bit soggy, but can also be somewhat mitigated with longer baking.
  • Bake for 8-10 minutes.
  • Bake the next one before you eat the first one, that way you won't burn your tongue.
  • If you wanna impress some ladiez, put on fresh basil. If no ladiez are present just crack open a cold one. Or fuckit, do both regardless of company.
  • Stand back and bask in the applause and offers of sexual favours.
Here's a random one I made.

Seriously, by the time you've done this a handful of times, you'll surpass chain store pizza. Easily. From here, the sky's the limit. Home made sauce, sourdough, different cheeses...

I'm going to try this, but first I have to a convert from moon units, and b) either get a scale or convert to volume. I think my wife has a dough hook for here KitchenAid, so I dn't need to knead (heh.)

InitialDave posted:

No, this is the WHO with the doctors. Like Tom Baker.

That Doctor Who, not WHO doctors.
(Fun fact, Peter Capaldi, the current Doctor, played a doctor in World War Z, credited as "WHO doctor". And the WHO facility was in Cardiff. If you didn't follow all that, you're not nerdy enough. Or just don't do British Sci Fi.)
(Tom baker was the best Doctor.)

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

This just in: shady businesses selling shady stuff are using free (for non-commercial use) software. Color me surprised.

This is on a bigass billboard next to I-35E (close in size to your run of the mill electronic billboard that you rent, not the size a private business would usually have), and it's owned by the company advertising HIDZZZZZZ. And much like HIDZ, that sign is loving blinding at night.

:golfclap:

That's loving hilarious.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

3 days = good poo poo, seems to top out in flavour about 5 days in as the yeast can't do any more.

The method I use is a less wordy version of this http://www.varasanos.com/pizzarecipe.htm

Turfing pizza sized balls into plastic baggies once it's all risen and fermented is easymode for the hungry

Oo!

MonkeyNutZ posted:

Ooooooo!

Dang it. Now I want pizza, and I brought pot roast for lunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Just bought another Blipshift shirt that I didn't need and decided to submit an idea for them. Here is to hoping that my idea doesn't suck and maybe they like it.

• Locked thread