Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
I think it is the First Order because some other ex-imperial commander or admrial has another faction somewhere else in the galaxy called The Empire MkII somewhere else and another guy has a star destroyer and his group is called The Flaming Bantha or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Snoke is some incomplete/otherwise messed up clone that's really old and still trying to kill all Jedi to complete Order 66 instead of just ruling the galaxy.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Neo Rasa posted:

Snoke is some incomplete/otherwise messed up clone that's really old and still trying to kill all Jedi to complete Order 66 instead of just ruling the galaxy.

There was actually a hosed up clone and he looked like this:

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Captain Splendid posted:

There was actually a hosed up clone and he looked like this:

That dude was awesome though.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Palpatine's empire was the New Order and a writer thought that sounded cool, so the new empire is the First Order, because calling it the Second Order or New New Order invites questions a writer doesn't want to answer.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Presumably if Palpatine's Empire were the new order, then the Sith of antiquity would have been the old order, and that would make Snoke's crew the third order.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The First Order is an offshoot of the New World Order and Snoke is Hulk Hogan.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Does the First Order being the third empire mean it will only last 12 years and everyone who leads it commits suicide at the end?

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Schwarzwald posted:

Presumably if Palpatine's Empire were the new order, then the Sith of antiquity would have been the old order, and that would make Snoke's crew the third order.

Surely they should have been Joy Division?

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man
Could Snoke be a Sith version of a Whill?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Obstacle2 posted:

Could Snoke be a Sith version of a Whill?

Specifically, a Whill that has triumphed.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

Edit: now I want Kylo to say these words

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Star Wars Episode 8: The Last Jedi

Speculate away.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Looks like the title is The Last Jedi

http://www.starwars.com/news/the-official-title-for-star-wars-episode-viii-revealed?cmp=smc%7C785924799

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Luke gonna die .

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

euphronius posted:

Luke gonna die .

Rey goes Sith?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Luke is the last. He trains rey. Luke dies. Rey is the last.

???

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

euphronius posted:

Luke is the last. He trains rey. Luke dies. Rey is the last.

???

1 Jedi

2 Jedi

Luke and Rey are the last Jedi

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
Correct, Jedi is also the plural.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

the plural of Jedi is Jedi, it could be a fakeout and just mean the last little bunch of them

e: beaten like kylo ren every day of his childhood

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Right. It plays the same way as Return of the Jedi that could be referring to Luke, Anakin, the collective, any or all of that.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Omg

Jedi is also a plural !!!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Fingers crossed it is about how moving forward Rey follows/leads a new non Jedi tradition as a final break with the past

My real hope however is that its way better than The Force Awakens.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Barudak posted:

Fingers crossed it is about how moving forward Rey follows/leads a new non Jedi tradition as a final break with the past

My real hope however is that its way better than The Force Awakens.

I actually think that's what may happen. Luke tried to rebuild the Jedi starting with Kylo and that was obviously a failure (so far). Something new and different needs to be done.

As for the quality of the movie, it's being written and directed by Rian Johnson. I guess it just depends on how much influence and interference the studio and the Lucas people have with it.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Ezra is the last Jedi. He also happens to be Snoke, obviously.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 205 days!
We know at the start that Luke is The Last Jedi.

Where it goes from there is anyone's guess.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Return of the Jedi seems completely redundant since the Jedi didn't loving return.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
If anything there is a zero net change in the number of Jedi at the end.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Return of the Jedi seems completely redundant since the Jedi didn't loving return.
Anakin Skywalker did. He returned right after Darth Vader died. Then he died

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Jedi is singular in that term - Luke returns from training.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

sinking belle posted:

Anakin Skywalker did. He returned right after Darth Vader died. Then he died

well why not posted:

Jedi is singular in that term - Luke returns from training.

And the new title's vagueness is exemplified.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

It's yet another rhyme, I guess. My bet is Luke eats it and is passing the mantle to Rey, but Jedi being singular and plural means that it could mean it's about anywhere from 1 to infinite Jedi.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Expect to read this exact comment or variations of on every Facebook thread, YouTube video and article about this movie until release.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

AndyElusive posted:

Expect to read this exact comment or variations of on every Facebook thread, YouTube video and article about this movie until release.

Depending on the events of the movie, expect to read that comment on into perpetuity.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Luke was probly supposed to die but the'll rewrite it to be Leia now. Her and Rey had that pointless hug at the end of ep 7, so that will be her motivation to do whatever thing blows up the next death star

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Jose Oquendo posted:

I actually think that's what may happen. Luke tried to rebuild the Jedi starting with Kylo and that was obviously a failure (so far). Something new and different needs to be done.

As for the quality of the movie, it's being written and directed by Rian Johnson. I guess it just depends on how much influence and interference the studio and the Lucas people have with it.

There's no way they didn't put the script and whatever work prints he has through the Disney beep beep bloop algorithm machine learning machine that churns out netflix style populist infographic movies.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I always thought it was wierd Han and Leia even knew who snoke was.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

euphronius posted:

I always thought it was wierd Han and Leia even knew who snoke was.

It is weird but I figured when Kylo peaced out he was like, "gently caress off mom and dad I'm gonna go with Snoke and learn to be like grandpa Annie" and promptly hangs up his space cellular phone.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

bring back old gbs posted:

Luke was probly supposed to die but the'll rewrite it to be Leia now. Her and Rey had that pointless hug at the end of ep 7, so that will be her motivation to do whatever thing blows up the next death star

CHEWIE WAS ROBBED. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

I think, deep down inside, we all know who the last Jedi is:

Jar Jar Binks

• Locked thread