Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Ultimately the manga is stupid and literally nobody cares about dead tree books. It's not 1859.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The manga is very cool especially the great color versions of which I own the whole Freeza (not Frieza!) battle (which owns)

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
how can you claim Super is anything BUT canon when it has an episode where Toriyama's old editor comes back as a ghost, is the villain of the episode, and is annihilate by Beerus, *AND* features Vegeta getting jobbed by Arale????

This is a brave new era my friends, of when the headcanon becomes the canon. Even for Toriyama.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Lupus Rufus posted:

how can you claim Super is anything BUT canon when it has an episode where Toriyama's old editor comes back as a ghost, is the villain of the episode, and is annihilate by Beerus, *AND* features Vegeta getting jobbed by Arale????

This is a brave new era my friends, of when the headcanon becomes the canon. Even for Toriyama.

Vegeta having a working knowledge of Shonen Battle fighting styles and the physical properties of gag characters is still the best thing ever in Dragon Ball.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Its amazing how all the cool and interesting fans like the anime and only the boring and sad fans squawk "its not in the manga bwaak" whenever anything good happens

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
holy poo poo the next arc sounds great

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

projecthalaxy posted:

Its amazing how all the cool and interesting fans like the anime and only the boring and sad fans squawk "its not in the manga bwaak" whenever anything good happens

Seconding this. The anime is canon. Driving Piccolo is canon. Super Saiyan Blue Kaio-Ken Times Ten is canon. Bulma's mechsuit battle with a giant crab monster is canon.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Cell no-selling the Destructo Disk is not canon and everyone who thinks otherwise will burn in hell :colbert:

The other stuff can stay though

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

I think it's worth discussing the difference between the two if just because while Toriyama has problems as a writer he's generally pretty good about being consistent and sometimes plot/character inconsistencies result from that. It doesn't really apply to Super though for obvious reasons and something being filler isn't synonymous with it being bad or unenjoyable.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

sassassin posted:

You're all entitled to whatever headcanons you want.

Toriyama will continue to ignore as many of them as he wants.

I mean, you're not actually wrong. But we don't have access to the notes Toriyama gave both of them.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Wuxi posted:

Cell no-selling the Destructo Disk is not canon and everyone who thinks otherwise will burn in hell :colbert:

The other stuff can stay though

I explain that away as Cell's regenerative abilities being so amped up by that point, that while the Destructo Disk DID cut through him he regenerated so quickly that the energy from the Destructo Disk was dispersed. Or something. I guess. Listen, I dunno. I'm not a great scientist like Bardock.

WrathOfBlade
May 30, 2011

Haha I was kidding re: "canon", Toriyama was writing by the seat of his pants/to the tune of curveballs from his editors and IIRC he wound up stealing a bunch of stuff from the anime, there is nothing close to a "true vision"

(Sadly this also means people who think Super is "more canon" than GT are fooling themselves)

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Them's fighting words, mister. :toughguy:

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

eonwe posted:

holy poo poo the next arc sounds great

Do we know how long it's supposed to last? Even before any new characters to explore, we have a bunch of established guys who will presumably get their time to shine, based on how things have been handled in Super so far.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They're not going to talk about how long an arc will be before it even starts. I would imagine it'll be at least as long as the Trunks one.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

BizarroAzrael posted:

Do we know how long it's supposed to last? Even before any new characters to explore, we have a bunch of established guys who will presumably get their time to shine, based on how things have been handled in Super so far.

About 13 or so episodes, give or take.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Probably didn't help last arc been over for about six episodes or so now. It just feels longer because up to next week is still part of the Future Trunks arc.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I always figured if they didn't do Bra she could have been a quick clone Bulma made of herself.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Rirse posted:

Probably didn't help last arc been over for about six episodes or so now. It just feels longer because up to next week is still part of the Future Trunks arc.

The stuff with Hit, and now Krillin seem way more like training for the Universe Survival arc, and not just the aftermath of Trunks. The new arc has essentially already started.

WrathOfBlade
May 30, 2011

bobjr posted:

I always figured if they didn't do Bra she could have been a quick clone Bulma made of herself.

immediately after the epilogue Bulma pushes a button on Bra's head and she turns back into a capsule

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Momomo posted:

The stuff with Hit, and now Krillin seem way more like training for the Universe Survival arc, and not just the aftermath of Trunks. The new arc has essentially already started.

Yeah I have no idea why this stuff wasn't just lumped as part of the next arc instead. It has more to do with the tournament then Zamasu and Trunks.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

So who's the poor sap that's gotta tango with the Legendary Super Saiyan on her time of the month?

I'm thinkin' Android 17 wants a crack at that she-beast

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Parrotine posted:

So who's the poor sap that's gotta tango with the Legendary Super Saiyan on her time of the month?

I'm thinkin' Android 17 wants a crack at that she-beast

If she really is tied to Cabba like people are suspecting then probably Vegeta.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
It's going to be Vegeta, he's going to be smug as gently caress. And he's going to Job, while 18 makes snide remarks.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

he's gonna be really disappointed that she uses the lame muscle builder form and then she's gonna lose to krillin, confirming forever what we already know:

krillin is stronger than broly

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Rirse posted:

Yeah I have no idea why this stuff wasn't just lumped as part of the next arc instead. It has more to do with the tournament then Zamasu and Trunks.

It's not part of any arc, hope this helps

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Pureauthor posted:

I wonder if the elephant GoD will bring up Zamasu to Beerus.

I'm hoping Murder-Ganesha is an even chiller bro than Zamasu

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I hope the first canon female super saiyan wins a fight, against Vegeta.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

pan will beat vegeta some day but now isn't the time for that

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

pan will beat vegeta some day but now isn't the time for that

nah, it's absolutely the time

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

why would she fight her own universe's fighters in the universe survival arc

that'd be hosed up imo

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
canon isn't a synonym for good or memorable or important

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Does the Supreme Kai of Goku's universe know God Ki?

That would have been reeeeeaaaaly handy during his squabble with Majin-Buu

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

why would she fight her own universe's fighters in the universe survival arc

that'd be hosed up imo

oh i get it it's a joke about pan okay

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I hope Braly is Cabba's wife and inspires Videl and the other wives to be fighters again (except for Bulma, who's already perfectly relevant).

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I hope Braly is Cabba's wife and inspires Videl and the other wives to be fighters again (except for Bulma, who's already perfectly relevant).

This would be kind of great, though? Cabba went back home after the tournament and was like, "Honey look what I can do! *transforms*" and then Braly would have just been like,

"Sweetie, no. MY POWER IS MAXIMUM!" *nukes a galaxy*

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I don't need to see Videl brutalised again thanks.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Ammat The Ankh posted:

That fun theory falls apart when you realize that Cabba and all the other saiyans of his universe had no idea a Super Saiyan was even a thing.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Female Broly won't inspire anyone because they'll just make jokes about how muscly and ugly she is instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Parrotine posted:

That fun theory falls apart when you realize that Cabba and all the other saiyans of his universe had no idea a Super Saiyan was even a thing.

Yeah but when Cabba got home he taught the move to every other sayajin, so now they can all do it. Women who go super sayajin always turn ultra buff, it is natural sayajin anatomy. We have just not seen it yet.

• Locked thread