Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Kasen is 40

wtffff

alice is high on both charts for someone who hasn't appeared in like eight years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Gamerofthegame posted:

alice is high on both charts for someone who hasn't appeared in like eight years

People won't let a little thing like not appearing in official works get between them and their waifus. Flandre's been a constant in the top 10 despite hardly existing in the first place.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Namtab posted:

I've been saying it for 5-6 years. Reimu is the best

Reimu was the best before Superior Miko Sanae was created. Now she's merely second best.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Dr Pepper posted:

Reimu was the best before Superior Miko Sanae was created. Now she's merely second best.

This is 100% true

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Clarste posted:

People won't let a little thing like not appearing in official works get between them and their waifus. Flandre's been a constant in the top 10 despite hardly existing in the first place.

Flan has beats tho.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i also cannot believe inuyasha got 18th place

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Dr Pepper posted:

reimu more like fake sanae

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Dr Pepper posted:

Democracy disagrees

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Dr Pepper posted:

Sanae isn't even the best part of the Moriya Shrine let alone the best miko

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Sanae proved herself to be the best in LoLK because while every other pc was told what was going on and were just following the orders of some ex-moon jerk, Sanae was the only one who acted like a real touhou and just kinda bumbled into the story without really knowing anything. Then she beat up everyone in her way, accomplished her dream of going to space, stopped an evil moon plot and an evil hell plot, insulted God's fashion sense, and went home without ever understanding what the gently caress was going on.

She's great.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

No way buzzkill Sanae is better than poor drunk Reimu

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!
Reimu and Sanae are both second tier touhous at best.

Nook
Jan 27, 2015

sanae is better than suwako but worse than kanako, who are all definitely much worse than reimu

SirSlarty
Dec 23, 2003

that's wicked
Keine got 50th, I'm fine with that.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
There is no Touhou better than Cirno :colbert:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

CommissarMega posted:

There is no Touhou better than Cirno :colbert:

Cirno is the 35th best Touhou. It's official and everything.

Actually, it is kind of interesting how despite being one of the most well-known and memest characters, she's not really all that popular.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Clarste posted:

Actually, it is kind of interesting how despite being one of the most well-known and memest characters, she's not really all that popular.

She isn't drawn with big titties, and if you look up hentai of her you get arrested.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Epilepsy warning, this game may melt your eyes (and maybe brain)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHZp7jiGPqw
But I can't get enough of this.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Dang, Rumia is up there. I guess the kouma cast is really popular, huh?
Also I'm really happy I'm can read the katakana names now, a few more weeks and I can figure out the kanji as well.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Clarste posted:

Cirno is the 35th best Touhou. It's official and everything.

35 in a cast count that's getting closer and closer to 200 is pretty popular.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Ammat The Ankh posted:

She isn't drawn with big titties, and if you look up hentai of her you get arrested.

:downs: but she's over 60! She remember- :barf:

Ok, yeah, that's probably part of it.

I was going to ask about Flan but then I remembered loli incest :barf::barf::barf: I need brain bleach now

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

:yikes:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I was being sarcastic. I don't advocate pedophilia or "OH, SHE LOOKS X, BUT SHE'S REALLY Y YEARS OLD". Both are gross.

Though I am legitimately curious as to why Flan is so stupid popular for being a one note character.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Touhou Thread 6 had a good run, it was fun while it lasted.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

iospace posted:

Though I am legitimately curious as to why Flan is so stupid popular for being a one note character.

Ignoring everything else

she's popular because

a) scarlet devil mansion crew
b) memes

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

El Burbo posted:

a) scarlet devil mansion crew

Let's see. Main 5 of the SDM crew.

:stare:

Sakuya 4
Flan 5
Remilia 7
Patch 20
Meiling 24

Koakuma is 62 after jumping 8 drat spots. Wat.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

"Koakuma" isn't a real character

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

El Burbo posted:

You could argue that till the cows come home but it was still on the poll, so I included it because I know some people do.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

El Burbo posted:

You take that back you monster

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Do not even ask posted:

You take that back you monster

Burbo is right.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

She doesn't even have memes to support her. Nameless little devil is where she belongs, below fortune teller :colbert:

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

El Burbo posted:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

The SDM crew don't really even fit all that well with the rest of the setting, they're the last grasps of Zun just throwing whatever he wanted at the wall and seeing what sticks. Which makes their popularity a little annoying.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The SDM crew is pretty cool I think. Less cool than a bunch of other characters but cool enough that I am not upset they're popular.

hosed up that EoSD always takes the first 2 positions in the music poll though! Come on, Septette and UN Owen are pretty good but there's better tracks!

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

People who insist Koakuma isn't a real character are probably the same people who insist on calling Rumia "Lumia"

Just the absolute worst

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Dr Pepper posted:

The SDM crew don't really even fit all that well with the rest of the setting, they're the last grasps of Zun just throwing whatever he wanted at the wall and seeing what sticks. Which makes their popularity a little annoying.

The latest game has a fairy from hell dressed like an American flag called Clownpiece.

Nook
Jan 27, 2015

Any contrast regarding the SDM with the rest of the Touhou setting was done on purpose and was the entire premise of EoSD. So, they're good characters. Except Flandoor.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Frandle has a nice color scheme and cool wings, and her theme has lead to a lot of people checking out the games.
She doesn't have half the pathos or dialogue that Koishi has, but Koishi is #3 so I guess there is some justice in the world.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Koishi being so high up is also one of those odd ones to me. She also felt like one of those one-off character that got stupid popular because ~reasons~.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

iospace posted:

Koishi being so high up is also one of those odd ones to me. She also felt like one of those one-off character that got stupid popular because ~reasons~.

She's pretty funny in HM and ULiL, and y'know tragic past and all. However, i'm still mad at her popularity because it's the only reason Hartmann's Youkai Girl is rank 3 in the music poll and it's not that good.