Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Endless Mike posted:

AWWWWWW WHY COOKIE ROCKET!!! DON'T YOU DARE BE SOUR!!!

Harnessing the power of nondrab colors of just one of the many ways that....New! DayRocks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Harnessing the power of nondrab colors of just one of the many ways that....New! DayRocks!

Am I having a stroke or are the last few posts completely unintelligible gibberish

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

The Action Man posted:

Are they really not packing Old Man Logan with alternate hands? I assumed a young Logan alternate head was a pipe dream, but they just made clawless hands for Wolverine last year.

Yeah, this. That body would rule with a young head, but him not having open or clawless hands and no Warlock piece is just straight up loving lazy. I mean, yeah the body is a new mold for the most part, but come on.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

purple death ray posted:

Am I having a stroke or are the last few posts completely unintelligible gibberish

Either you're having a stroke or you're a nerd who don't watch wrasslin'

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Awful lot of empty space in those packages.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

In which line? There are a couple including The Vintage Collection one that were released in limited numbers at a time when most people had stopped buying Star Wars. She became more popular thereafter so people want them and there are too few to go around. Kinda like the original POTF.

My holy grail of Star Wars figures is still the cartoon-style season 3 Clone Wars version of Ahsoka with the detailed outfit and two green lightsabers. Right now $100 is a good deal on that figure, loose. For a 3" action figure.

She was definitely the best character on Clone Wars after the show hit its stride.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Rirse posted:

Speaking of Star Wars Black, whatever happened to them reissuing Darth Maul, R2-D2, and Xwing Luke?

There are rumors they're doing a Black Series Early Bird set for the 40th anniversary, reminiscent of the original four figures being offered in the Early Bird set, etc.

I don't know where the source of all the re-issue rumors has come from really, but with Threepio recently being released it makes sense to maybe do some R2/Threepio set. And Maul is huge on Rebels now and they're doing more Rebels figures so that makes sense too.

Fearing an R2-D2 reissue, I just sold my Wave 1 R2 and I bought the model kit R2/R5 dual pack. I sold the Black Series one loose for $60 and the model kit with two droids better scaled was $20 so it was a pretty easy decision.

Gammatron 64 posted:

Why is Ashoka Tano so rare and expensive? Was she shortpacked? A store exclusive? I've seen plenty of Kanans in the wild, but never Ashoka. I didn't think she was that popular of a character.
Ahsoka wasn't short packed, but she was part of a wave that just wasn't as heavily distributed as some others. Her wave came when stores still had mountains of the first wave of Force Awakens figures, so I figure stores weren't ordered much since Rey, Finn and Chewie were all crowding the shelves.

And yeah, Ahsoka is super popular with fans who watched Clone Wars and Rebels, even though the figure is her Rebels self. She's really a great character and as other mentioned she is interesting to look at compared to all the regular humans.

I think what hurt sales of Kanan was the fact that as soon as his figure came out his character took on a very different look in show (I won't spoil it.) Fortunately I found a guy online who created a new season 3 head for the Kanan figure and I have that now.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Bread Liar

purple death ray posted:

Both!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think I still have a boxed Ahsoka. I didn't know it was rare when I got it, just haven't gotten around to opening it up.

I need to buy more figure stands..

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I'm still hoping for a proper Black Series R5. They've got the mould already, it was used in some previous droid pack of 3.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
I have seen Ashoka like 3 times in stores and thought about buying it to flip on eBay but decided not to because I didn't want to be that guy.

The new black suit spider-man is fantastic and makes me wish I had gotten pizza spidey when he was around.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Rubiks Pubes posted:

I have seen Ashoka like 3 times in stores and thought about buying it to flip on eBay but decided not to because I didn't want to be that guy.

The new black suit spider-man is fantastic and makes me wish I had gotten pizza spidey when he was around.

I am definitely gonna be picking up another Symbiote Spidey. He and Pizza are so drat fun to pose, I'm sorry to all the MacFarlane people but that figure is garbage compared to clean lines and style of these two. Yeah, the torso is a little too long, but that's really the only complaint about an otherwise amazing (hurr) pair of figures.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Gammatron 64 posted:

What's funny is that I actually never got the V2 Diaclones, although they do look cool. I just wanted a generic looking transformer-y super robot for an avatar.

They are cool and very good, I highly recommend them to anyone who likes transforming robots and little dudes that pilot them.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
NECA Deadpool has arrived

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Finally got my Figma Solid Snake... I dunno if they had a fresh run of him or what, but mine came out drat well with the head sculpts... his beard is basically filled in, although it's literally impossible to put his guns in his gun hands without heating them up with a blow dryer first.

Bummer it didn't come with a knife that's to scale... ML Deadpool's knife is way too big, and I want him in a sweet CQC pose.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Joe Fisto posted:

Is he cool? I saw one and was tempted to pick it up but I'd didn't feel like blowing a hundo and 15 on him. Also the mask is kinda weird. I'm a bigger fan of a more fitted mask with expressive eyes.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

Fuzz posted:

Yeah, this. That body would rule with a young head, but him not having open or clawless hands and no Warlock piece is just straight up loving lazy. I mean, yeah the body is a new mold for the most part, but come on.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that Hasbro sees the error of their ways, but if they don't, I'm only getting Colossus from this wave if I get any of them.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

The Action Man posted:

I'll keep my fingers crossed that Hasbro sees the error of their ways, but if they don't, I'm only getting Colossus from this wave if I get any of them.

Yeah. It's especially egregious since Deadpool was also a new mold all around and he came with a shitload of accessories. That was the trade off for no Juggernaut piece.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

Fuzz posted:

Yeah. It's especially egregious since Deadpool was also a new mold all around and he came with a shitload of accessories. That was the trade off for no Juggernaut piece.

It's just a bummer to see Old Man Logan go from a "must buy" to a "maybe when it's on sale".

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

That Cyclops is no slouch but I'm not going to be ordering a full case of this wave like I did the last one, yeah.

Of course watch them make the rest of the New Mutants once I've passed on building Warlock

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

purple death ray posted:

That Cyclops is no slouch but I'm not going to be ordering a full case of this wave like I did the last one, yeah.

Of course watch them make the rest of the New Mutants once I've passed on building Warlock

Just buy the pieces on eBay.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Joe Fisto posted:

That is just cringey as all hell.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Vintersorg posted:

That is just cringey as all hell.

Yeah, it's Deadpool

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

CelticPredator posted:

Is he cool? I saw one and was tempted to pick it up but I'd didn't feel like blowing a hundo and 15 on him. Also the mask is kinda weird. I'm a bigger fan of a more fitted mask with expressive eyes.

I haven't had much time to mess around with it. It arrived late and work came early. Here's a video review of it, its the one that convinced me to get it. https://youtu.be/KoVqNFfUmMk

Entertainment Earth had it for 95 w/free shipping. That's where I got it from.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Endless Mike posted:

Yeah, it's Deadpool

Deadpool is like invader zim or community or a bunch of other stuff: funny in the moment I'm enjoying it, rage-inducing to think about anyone else liking it. No idea why.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/821798527672209410

This might be my first AVP pred.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Like Invader Zim, the things that got me interested in it are the pain and suffering.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.
I've posted it other places and I'm proud of it so whatevs.

I made this Dooku figure.

Currently working on a lot of other custom Black Series figures too.
- Cad Bane
- Clone Wars Rex
- Grand Moff Tarkin
- 4-Lom
- Zuckuss
- Redoing the Plo Koon I made, this time with Jedi robes.

Further down the line...
- Dengar
- Mace Windu
- Admiral Ackbar
- Darth Nihilus
- Some rando Imperial officer.
- Maybe Pre Vizsla, or something Mandolorian. I have an extra Jango so he's getting used for something.

I'm getting close to finishing Cad Bane. He'll probably be who I finish next. Close to finishing 4-Lom too as I've done the sculpting work on the body, I'm just waiting on a head I ordered for him. Tarkin will be done soon too if the guy I bought the extra Krennic from would send him.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

ShimSham posted:

I've posted it other places and I'm proud of it so whatevs.

I made this Dooku figure.

Currently working on a lot of other custom Black Series figures too.
- Cad Bane
- Clone Wars Rex
- Grand Moff Tarkin
- 4-Lom
- Zuckuss
- Redoing the Plo Koon I made, this time with Jedi robes.

Further down the line...
- Dengar
- Mace Windu
- Admiral Ackbar
- Darth Nihilus
- Some rando Imperial officer.
- Maybe Pre Vizsla, or something Mandolorian. I have an extra Jango so he's getting used for something.

I'm getting close to finishing Cad Bane. He'll probably be who I finish next. Close to finishing 4-Lom too as I've done the sculpting work on the body, I'm just waiting on a head I ordered for him. Tarkin will be done soon too if the guy I bought the extra Krennic from would send him.

Is this a kitbash or all original sculpting? Looks great either way.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Is this a kitbash or all original sculpting? Looks great either way.

- Head cast I got from a guy on a Black Series customs facebook group. I just painted it up.
- General Hux body with the coat removed. Painted over the FO emblem and painted his belt brown.
- Director Krennic cape that I painted and I attached a little hobby store necklace piece to it with sculpting clay.

It was actually super simple outside of painting the face which was rough because his eyes are really small. My face paint job is still kind of sloppy when you get up close with it, but from a normal distance it's fine so I'm okay with it. I've repainted faces and done detail work, but I've usually left the eyes alone. This is the first time I've painted a human head entirely from scratch.

I used the extra Krennic (from the Dooku cape) on my Thrawn I made that I posted a while back. I actually just repainted him and did a lot better job.
I'm using the duster that I took off Hux and that'll go on my Cad Bane.
and I'm going to use the extra Hux head I have now to eventually go on another Krennic body to make a generic Imperial officer.

ShimSham fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jan 19, 2017

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Remember that time you bought a giant lot of predators off of me? We really need to PM about this. :)

ultraviolence123 posted:

I have been selling my collection. If you PM me with what you want, I might have them.

PM's got taken away when Lady Lowtax banned me for shitposting, hit me up at ragemack AT gmail DOT com

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Man, after catching up on Super I now want to mod my Vegito to give his SSJ head the blue hair instead. I just gave no idea how to do it without it looking like total poo poo. :smith:

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Fuzz posted:

Man, after catching up on Super I now want to mod my Vegito to give his SSJ head the blue hair instead. I just gave no idea how to do it without it looking like total poo poo. :smith:

Just buy a blue Goku and stick his head on there. Vegito looks almost identical to Goku anyway.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Reinanigans posted:

Just buy a blue Goku and stick his head on there. Vegito looks almost identical to Goku anyway.

Yeah but I specifically didn't get the blue Goku because it looks like poo poo and I prefer how they did Vegeta's hair.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I have it. I think it looks fine. vOv

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I picked up the Sideshow brown costume Wolverine. I'd seen some pics that made it look pretty good, and I was impressed with their Punisher. In-hand this thing looks much better than any pic I've seen. Not sure why it isn't really photogenic, but sitting in front of me it looks great. Now I wish I'd ordered it earlier so I could've gotten the exclusive Muramasa sword.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

His teeth are what keep me from buying it. It looks like he needs to take a poo poo from all the promo shots.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

The Rage posted:

His teeth are what keep me from buying it. It looks like he needs to take a poo poo from all the promo shots.

That was my hesitation too. It looks more snarly and less constipated in person. There is a knockoff version by Crazy Toys that is pretty cheap. The body is poo poo, but the rest looks pretty decent.

I've also seen a 3rd party relaxed face head sculpt that looks interesting.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

got a new Alien

P dang dope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Anyone know what the max weight you could put on top of a Detolf would be? IKEA doesn't report it.