Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should it be legal for other people to assault you if they disagree with you?
This poll is closed.
Yes 183 49.06%
No 190 50.94%
Total: 328 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Greetings fellow fash bashers, I have found a haven of people on twitter (#killallwhitemen, #killwhirey) advocating for the death of people based on skin color and sexuality, would you care for joining me for some good old fashion Vigilante Justice?

I believe this meets the proper standards set earlier in this thread for who should be "bashed." So I look forward to putting these fascists in their place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Flowers For Algeria posted:

Man, I'd like to avoid talking with religious nuts if at all possible. Garrison was a principled man, all right, but there's a higher purpose at work in defending society against fascism. So if I must stain my hands and lose access to paradise in order to defend society, so be it: I'll go to hell knowing that I am more moral than the people in paradise. And I'm okay with that, because there is no afterlife.

Yeah that is the hurdle he could never quite clear in his non-resistant movement, but the blanket statement that all self defense is sacrosanct in the pacifist movement is not true because you have insane people like him arguing protecting yourself against even murder is too much violence. Which, admittedly led to some pretty sweet 1840s trolling of his non-resistant newspaper.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Kilroy posted:

He's using the attack as an escalation - Richard Spencer isn't actually afraid yet. Hope this helps.

Next time there will be 50 Nazis in the street.
Note that means there will be fifty faces to punch instead of just the one - but you have to punch all fifty.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

Kilroy posted:

He's using the attack as an escalation - Richard Spencer isn't actually afraid yet. Hope this helps.

*fetches the crowbar*

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Greetings fellow fash bashers, I have found a haven of people on twitter (#killallwhitemen, #killwhirey) advocating for the death of people based on skin color and sexuality, would you care for joining me for some good old fashion Vigilante Justice?

I believe this meets the proper standards set earlier in this thread for who should be "bashed." So I look forward to putting these fascists in their place.

Why would I punch imaginary nazis while there are still real nazis, unpunched?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Kilroy posted:

Note that means there will be fifty faces to punch instead of just the one - but you have to punch all fifty.

At once or one at a time? Because I'll do it either way.

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Kilroy posted:

Give one a black eye, and maybe they have to explain to their boss and coworkers how they got it. So the Nazi gets some friends to provide security. The prospect of these friends getting punched might make them more gunshy of helping out, and if they do get punched and blackeyed, then they get to explain to everyone how they got it. Potentially.

The point of the punch is to express displeasure, but I suspect Nazis hate it less because one person hates them enough to do it, and more because it might mean having to open themselves up to more scrutiny in explaining how they got it. And at the very least, a nice shiner is a reminder that they're not so tough, not as invulnerable as they believe, and that their rhetoric can in fact have consequences and personal costs for them.

So punch Nazis erryday.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

BUG JUG posted:

Yeah that is the hurdle he could never quite clear in his non-resistant movement, but the blanket statement that all self defense is sacrosanct in the pacifist movement is not true because you have insane people like him arguing protecting yourself against even murder is too much violence. Which, admittedly led to some pretty sweet 1840s trolling of his non-resistant newspaper.

Yeah I know! The solution to this problem is to ignore religious folk on matters of policy, because let's be honest, non-resistance is almost systematically trotted out on religious grounds.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Kilroy posted:

Are you joining him or helping punch them?

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

420 Gank Mid posted:

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich
And before I get chimed with "WHAT ABOUT COMMUNISTS HUH?"...sure, sock away at anyone espousing a revival of Pol Pot's Cambodia or Stalin's purges or Mao's bumbling nonsense, too! Sock away at all adherents of ideologies with anti-human values at their core!

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

420 Gank Mid posted:

Surely the punching of people advocating for genocide of a race is appropriate?

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011

Kthulhu5000 posted:

Give one a black eye, and maybe they have to explain to their boss and coworkers how they got it. So the Nazi gets some friends to provide security. The prospect of these friends getting punched might make them more gunshy of helping out, and if they do get punched and blackeyed, then they get to explain to everyone how they got it. Potentially.

The point of the punch is to express displeasure, but I suspect Nazis hate it less because one person hates them enough to do it, and more because it might mean having to open themselves up to more scrutiny in explaining how they got it. And at the very least, a nice shiner is a reminder that they're not so tough, not as invulnerable as they believe, and that their rhetoric can in fact have consequences and personal costs for them.

So punch Nazis erryday.

Plus, giving a white supremacist a black eye... and you can fill in the rest from there.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Surely the punching of people advocating for genocide of a race is appropriate?

white people are awful though, and deserve Mass Death

yellowyams
Jan 15, 2011

hmmm, intriguing but do these people already have a foothold in the government and a history of ascending to power despite holding unpopular views and enacting actual large-scale genocide?

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

yellowyams posted:

hmmm, intriguing but do these people already have a foothold in the government and a history of ascending to power despite holding unpopular views and enacting actual large-scale genocide?

Wow, it's like the last 8 years never happened.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

boner confessor posted:

We found another Nazi!

Sweet. There are precious few after WW2 so it's important that we expose them where ever we can so that everyone can join in the punching.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Yeah I know! The solution to this problem is to ignore religious folk on matters of policy, because let's be honest, non-resistance is almost systematically trotted out on religious grounds.

But how ELSE are we to usher in the millennium under the benevolent hand of the Prince of Peace...??? (I may have read too many of his editorials this last fall)

And you are correct, and it is cool and good to punch Nazis all day.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

aaahhhhh, but WHAT IF: the nazi was a masochistic endangered cactus, so punching him would hurt your fist, make him feel good sexually, AND potentially genocide a cactus species (making YOU the REAL nazi)??

yellowyams
Jan 15, 2011

Wow, it's like the last 8 years never happened.

yeah, who could forget all that ethnic cleansing of white americans

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

yellowyams posted:

Don't you understand? We can't give them a platform for their death-cult. Best to punch them early and often imo.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

yellowyams posted:

yeah, who could forget all that ethnic cleansing of white americans

You did.
You forgot.

yellowyams
Jan 15, 2011

Don't you understand? We can't give them a platform for their death-cult. Best to punch them early and often imo.

Yes, that is in fact what we learned from WWII. You know, the thing that happened when words and laws and calls to reason turned out to not be enough.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I think you should go to jail if you punch a nazi. But people should send you cakes, the kind with metal files in them. Put that in your statue.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

yellowyams posted:

Yes, that is in fact what we learned from WWII. You know, the thing that happened when words and laws and calls to reason turned out to not be enough.

Agreed.

So you punch this guy.

boner confessor posted:

I'll punch the next one.

yellowyams
Jan 15, 2011

Agreed.

So you punch this guy.

I'll punch the next one.

call me when someone on the presidential cabinet shares his views

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

yellowyams posted:

call me when someone on the presidential cabinet shares his views

drat when did "liberals" start getting so gun-shy. Always looking for an excuse NOT to punch Nazis, smdh

yellowyams
Jan 15, 2011

drat when did "liberals" start getting so gun-shy. Always looking for an excuse NOT to punch Nazis, smdh

yes because nazis are all about killing the people who already hold all the power

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

Agreed.

So you punch this guy.

I'll punch the next one.

Priorities, dude. This is activism 101. You punch the most important Nazis first. The ones who are closest to power, and the ones whose views are the most spread. The ones who are doing the most harm to society.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I mean once we've rid the world of real Nazis, sure, we can turn on joke Nazis. For some reason I suspect that there'll be none, by then. But the real problem is real Nazis, not joke Nazis.

yellowyams
Jan 15, 2011

Condiv posted:

mods, please rename this thread to "nazi lives matter"

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Look I don't see what's so hard about this. I was told that if you advocate for genocide based on sex or race that you should be punched and that was a moral good to do so.

yellowyams
Jan 15, 2011
white ppl are in danger, spread the word

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

Look I don't see what's so hard about this. I was told that if you advocate for genocide based on sex or race that you should be punched and that was a moral good to do so.

Yes, that is anti-fascism 100.
Anti-fascism 101 is "discriminate between fascists in order to know which one to punch first, otherwise you'll be like the proverbial donkey who dies of hunger and thirst because he can't choose between the ballot of hay and the drinking trough".

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Yes, that is anti-fascism 100.
Anti-fascism 101 is "discriminate between fascists in order to know which one to punch first, otherwise you'll be like the proverbial donkey who dies of hunger and thirst because he can't choose between the ballot of hay and the drinking trough".

How about if someone with the moniker "Fascist" anywhere in their identity tries to "bash" me or a friend, I defend myself, is that acceptable? Meanwhile I will drink and eat as needed to sustain my life. Win/Win.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
That face when an epic SWEET LIBERAL TEARS thread circlejerker posts like a boss to drop some mothafwiggin truth bombs

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

How about if someone with the moniker "Fascist" anywhere in their identity tries to "bash" me or a friend, I defend myself, is that acceptable? Meanwhile I will drink and eat as needed to sustain my life. Win/Win.

Well, no, because if it is an anti-fascist (anti-fascists have the word "fascist" somewhere in their identity), and they are trying to bash you, it is probably because you are a fascist. What you have to do under these circumstances is renounce fascism, apologize to your victims, and bash fascists.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
The problem with "oh but some black people talk about white genocide" as some :smug: equivocation with Nazis and therefore if you don't also punch the mean black folks you're a hypocrite, isn't that white genocide is okay because white people deserve death, and it isn't exactly that Nazis like Richard Spencer should be a higher priority. They are a higher priority and should be, mind you, because they're the more imminent threat, but if you're talking strictly morality then that doesn't really matter.

The difference is that in the case of Nazis it's the strong lashing out against the powerless (they even say as much in their rhetoric), while in the case of blacks calling out for white genocide it's the reverse. Show me a white person who grew up in a black society, who was ostracized by blacks, reminded every day that he was white, denied opportunities because he was white, watched his white friends and family members struggle harder and get less for it because they're white, feared the police and other agents of the state because he was white, got denied the right to vote for committing a crime that black kids commit every day with impunity, lived with the knowledge that the behavior of every other white person reflects on him personally, just as his behavior in some small way reflects on every other white person, and all the other poo poo...

...show me that white person, and if he's a Nazi, I won't punch him. He has reasoned (incorrectly) his way into his Nazism, and can be reasoned back out of it.

And likewise, show me a black person who grew up privileged, or even just reasonably sheltered from the worst consequences of blackness in America and still advocates white genocide, and I'll punch him in the face.

That's not Richard Spencer. Richard Spencer had a pretty unremarkable middle class upbringing, and while I'm sure he'd love to tell you all the hardships he's faced, he has never had to face hardship on account of the color of his skin or his religion or any other aspect of his identity. He's an otherwise unremarkable white man of modest status and means who is super loving turbo pissed that society doesn't recognize the true greatness that he's certain beats within his Nazi heart, and doesn't shower him with the rewards he feels he so richly deserves. He is, in other words, a weaponized spoiled brat. Reasoning with the Richard Spencers of the world is a waste of time, because they didn't reason their way to Nazism, they turned to it out of desperation for a greatness they feel they are owed. You can't even placate them with praise - it will never be enough. They are a lost cause and the only remedy for their poison is to beat them back into the shadows where they can cry tears of bitter rage and nurse their wounds until they dare to come back into the light of day, and that's when you beat them again.

Kilroy fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Jan 24, 2017

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Well, no, because if it is an anti-fascist (anti-fascists have the word "fascist" somewhere in their identity), and they are trying to bash you, it is probably because you are a fascist. What you have to do under these circumstances is renounce fascism, apologize to your victims, and bash fascists.

Ah, but what if I declare I am the real "anti-facist" and bash them instead? Will you join me comrade?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

Ah, but what if I declare I am the real "anti-facist" and bash them instead? Will you join me comrade?

You would be objectively wrong, friend. Words have meaning. Here is a primer about fascism.

• Locked thread