Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I've officially given up refreshing Amazon a few times a day trying to see if pro controllers show up. I hope the grip is ok for someone who doesn't have baby hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

katkillad2 posted:

I've officially given up refreshing Amazon a few times a day trying to see if pro controllers show up. I hope the grip is ok for someone who doesn't have baby hands.

I've heard people who've tried it that it's pretty comfortable for people with big hands, but that's gonna be pretty subjective. Nintendo's been pretty good about making their things super ergonomic. I think MK8D is gonna be the real test for me.

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

Inzombiac posted:

So I'm not too worried about the short term growth of titles available because Zelda will take me 6 months to complete, at least.
Would be about a month if I was still in middle school and hated going outside or talking to people or being a good person.

Then if we get Smash and Mario close enough to one another, that's probably another year of development.
I say this to myself, mostly, because I *am* a little nervous.

If their commitment to third party and indie developers is true, I'm going to be very happy.

Mario, Xenoblade 2, and Retro's new game (More than likely Metroid Prime 4) are all coming Fall 2017. There will be plenty to play and I don't know why everyone is sleeping on ARMS because that game looks like it will be a more robust modern reimagining of Punch-Out and Virtual On.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

katkillad2 posted:

Get it from Amazon Japan. With the preorder price guarantee, my pro controller is about $65 shipped right now.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Policenaut posted:

Yeah, Reggie's already said Nintendo is focused more on having a steady stream of games rather than a big, game-packed launch lineup so presumably we'll get those Wii U mulligans down the pipe.

If they announce a Xenoblade collection for the Switch I'm sold.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

katkillad2 posted:

yeah i just decided i'm not paying for it anyway just to play a few games this year. i'll make do with the uddercons for a while

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional
Still kinda amazed someone in the US can get the pro controller shipped across an ocean for less than NOAs msrp for the thing.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Evil Fluffy posted:

If they announce a Xenoblade collection for the Switch I'm sold.

I bet we'd get Xenoblade 1 from Wii's VC and maybe Xenoblade X as a Wii U director's cut, each sold separately.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It's because of the current value of the yen. It's weak compared to the dollar.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Policenaut posted:

I bet we'd get Xenoblade 1 from Wii's VC and maybe Xenoblade X as a Wii U director's cut, each sold separately.

The version of XCX we got was already a director's cut equivalent wasn't it? It came with the DLC and extra characters already baked in.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Evil Fluffy posted:

The version of XCX we got was already a director's cut equivalent wasn't it? It came with the DLC and extra characters already baked in.

But they removed the robot girl's bikini and boob slider :reddit:

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs

Waltzing Along posted:

It's because of the current value of the yen. It's weak compared to the dollar.

This is exactly the opposite of what happens when you have a weak currency, friend.

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional
The Switch version will have an option to replace the original faces with sprite billboards of various emoji.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dehry posted:

But they removed the robot girl's bikini and boob slider :reddit:

From what I saw, her replacement outfit was a million times better anyway, so it was a good decision.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Takoluka posted:

From what I saw, her replacement outfit was a million times better anyway, so it was a good decision.

They took away the vagina bones and I can never forgive them

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!
Not sure if this has been posted yet (apologies if it has) but Waterfield are looking for feedback on what kind of stuff people want out of a Switch case. Everything I've bought from them has been really great so if you want to contribute to the potential design of their Switch accessories... https://www.sfbags.com/pages/waterfield-nintendo-switch-case

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

io_burn posted:

Not sure if this has been posted yet (apologies if it has) but Waterfield are looking for feedback on what kind of stuff people want out of a Switch case. Everything I've bought from them has been really great so if you want to contribute to the potential design of their Switch accessories... https://www.sfbags.com/pages/waterfield-nintendo-switch-case

I want it to turn my Switch into a transformer

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Speaking of Amazon and Pro Controllers, Amazon UK seem to have unfucked their Pro Controller pricing and are now asking for the actual UK MSRP of £64.99 instead of £99.99. I don't even know what the gently caress was the deal with that.

£65 still isn't the kindest conversion but there's taxes and Brexit so gently caress it, I'll take it.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Lemming posted:

They took away the vagina bones and I can never forgive them

No, that was Tokyo Mirage Sessions, RPG of the Year 2016.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Takoluka posted:

No, that was Tokyo Mirage Sessions, RPG of the Year 2015.

fixed.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

No, you're thinking of Genei Ibunroku ♯FE. Easy misconception.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Takoluka posted:

You seem to be forgetting the re-localized version of Dragon Quest 7 was in 2016.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I know what I said.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Takoluka posted:

That game doesn't have vagina bones either?! poo poo, it's worse than I thought

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Mr President posted:

Retro's new game (More than likely Metroid Prime 4)

They've outright stated a kerjillion times Retro is not working on donkey kong or metroid. Which means they're working on Donkey Kong Prime: DK vs Metroid

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

koolkal posted:

This is exactly the opposite of what happens when you have a weak currency, friend.

So you are saying the opposite? Because the yen is weak, the US dollar should buy LESS in Japan?

Or are you saying they should cost the same in each location, regardless of the value of the currency? I could see your point there, thought that is not what is happening.

But if you are saying the US dollar should have less buying power then I think you are confused.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Retro also leaks like a sieve and none of the believable leaks have said donkey kong or metroid. In fact none of them have said anything more than "a game is being worked on" and "you'll see it at e3".

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Jimmy Hats posted:

They've outright stated a kerjillion times Retro is not working on donkey kong or metroid. Which means they're working on Donkey Kong Prime: DK vs Metroid

I don't think they've said poo poo about what Retro's working on!!!

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

no one official has said anything about what retro is or isn't doing.

but the six to ten word posts in other peoples topics about nintendo or the switch that pop up on anonymous message boards and refuse to draw any extra attention to themselves have been saying "a game is being worked on" for like a year now.

it's the same posting behavior that leaked donkey kong games in the past.

nothing has been said about metroid or donkey kong.

last one i saw was during the switch presentation, before the reel of games, it apologized for not being able to show anything until e3.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Metroid Prime 4 will utilize Mario vs Donkey Kong's Lemmings mechanics with classic Metroid style exploration.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I already played Metroid Prime 4. It's called DOOM and it's real good. No Chozo or Metroids in it for some reason tho.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

What a bummer it'd be if we got Metroid Prime 1-3: Switch Collection and Donkey Kong Tropical Switch. Would Not Buy. I have no idea why I'm OK with the (only known) Mario Kart game being Mario Kart 8 again, though.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

are you kidding

I'd buy Tropical Freeze again in a heartbeat

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

enojy posted:

What a bummer it'd be if we got Metroid Prime 1-3: Switch Collection and Donkey Kong Tropical Switch. Would Not Buy. I have no idea why I'm OK with the (only known) Mario Kart game being Mario Kart 8 again, though.

As someone who never wound up bothering to get a WiiU, I'm super OK with Nintendo rereleasing all five good games from it.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

NecroMonster posted:

I already played Metroid Prime 4. It's called DOOM and it's real good. No Chozo or Metroids in it for some reason tho.

I really need to play DOOM again - it was so much fun.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Old game but portable now is a really compelling reason to rebuy a ton of games. I don't like Skyrim very much, but I'm even considering buying it on Switch (when it's on half off or something).

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

enojy posted:

To be honest I doubt we'd ever get a Switch-focused remaster of stuff like that. They'de sooner just shove the Prime Trilogy from the Wii U VC onto the Switch and call it a day I'd wager.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Beelzebozo posted:

As someone who never wound up bothering to get a WiiU, I'm super OK with Nintendo rereleasing all five good games from it.

There were a ton more good games than that dude. Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, Captain Toad, Smash, 3D World, Hyrule Warriors, and Xenoblade X off the top of my head.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Zore posted:

There were a ton more good games than that dude. Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, Captain Toad, Smash, 3D World, Hyrule Warriors, and Xenoblade X off the top of my head.

You got 6 right, at least. That last one though..no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

Zore posted:

but he said five good games. youre three short

• Locked thread