Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Friction
Aug 15, 2001

Q_res posted:

Ha, well good for me. I just bought the TIE Advanced and Imperial Aces expansions. Already toying with ideas of how to build out all 5 TIEs, now I just need to start actually playing...

Speaking of TIE Advanced. What happens to your dices with Accuracy Corrector + Adv. Targeting Computer? 2 hits or 2hits + crit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Tequila Ranger posted:

Its making me consider Determination on RAC.

Just gunner + Hotcop with old damage deck. PS 0 would be a bummer though as well as losing ept...

Why are people saying Kylo hurts defenders and kills soontir lol you still have to land a crit after the condition. What it hurts most is low agility ships and Regen poe, and is nasty on corran.

EdBlackadder
Apr 8, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Friction posted:

Speaking of TIE Advanced. What happens to your dices with Accuracy Corrector + Adv. Targeting Computer? 2 hits or 2hits + crit?

I don't think there are any shops that can legally use that combination but as I recall you are unable to further modify dice after accuracy corrector so it would be either 2 hits (AC) or roll + crit (ATC) at your choice.

Friction
Aug 15, 2001

EdBlackadder posted:

I don't think there are any shops that can legally use that combination but as I recall you are unable to further modify dice after accuracy corrector so it would be either 2 hits (AC) or roll + crit (ATC) at your choice.

Oh rite. They're both System slot upgrades. Shomehow I remembered AC being modification.

hoiyes posted:

Just gunner + Hotcop with old damage deck. PS 0 would be a bummer though as well as losing ept...

Why are people saying Kylo hurts defenders and kills soontir lol you still have to land a crit after the condition. What it hurts most is low agility ships and Regen poe, and is nasty on corran.

Ghostly Gramps Shuttle, just jam Kylo (crew or pilot) and Vader on same ship.

Friction fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jan 23, 2017

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Friction posted:

2 hits. You cannot use ATC after AC and if you use it before, AC would cancel it. That being said, no ship has 2 systems yet.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Want to maximize your chance of Opportunist going off, and give your opponent fits when the stars align and Wedge gets a six dice shot (-1 agility) against their now tokenless Defender?

X-Wing: · Wedge Antilles (29)
Opportunist (4)
R2 Astromech (1)
Integrated Astromech (0)

X-Wing: · Wes Janson (29)
Adaptability (Increase) (0)
· R3-A2 (2)
Integrated Astromech (0)

HWK-290: · Jan Ors (25)
Adaptability (Increase) (0)
Dorsal Turret (3)
Vectored Thrusters (2)
Hotshot Co-pilot (4)
-- TOTAL ------- 99p. --

(Dorsal is when they arc dodge you)

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Assuming no faction limits, and treating both legends and canon as viable pedigrees, what's the most family members you can fit on a ship.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

General Battuta posted:

Assuming no faction limits, and treating both legends and canon as viable pedigrees, what's the most family members you can fit on a ship.

Probably ~3.

Kylo Ren piloting the Upsilon
Rebel Captive (Han Solo pictured, or just put Han Solo the crew on there)
Your choice of Skywalkers Leia, Luke, Vader, etc

You can do it in-faction even with RebCap/Vader on the Upsilon. Call it the Awkward Family Outing.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Three. Unless you can find a ship that holds more than that.

Han Solo in the Falcon with Kylo and Leia.
Rey in the Falcon with Luke and Kylo (maybe).
Luke, Leia, Kylo in the Hound's Tooth.

Edit: Assuming no restrictions whatsoever; Han flying the Hound's Tooth with TIE Shuttle title. Luke, Leia, Rey (rumored), Kylo, Vader.

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jan 23, 2017

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
Too bad you can't squeeze Mara Jade in there somewhere.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Just wondering, will Kylo and Vader crew work together?

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

http://www.starwars.com/news/the-official-title-for-star-wars-episode-viii-revealed

Friction
Aug 15, 2001

Raged posted:

Sure, but that ship is going to be a target #1. If you want to have them both on same ship, you have only Tie Shuttle, Lambda, Upsilon, and Decimator to choose from. Perhaps something like this?

Starkiller Base Pilot (30)
Darth Vader (3)
Kylo Ren (3)
Kylo Ren's Shuttle (2)

"Omega Leader" (21)
Juke (2)
Comm Relay (3)

Countess Ryad (34)
Push the Limit (3)
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)
TIE/x7 (-2)

Total: 100

Or perhaps Decimator + Upsilon... too janky?

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

I would think you need something like Fenn Rau to punish anyone that goes after your emo shuttle. On the Imp side, maybe Soontir... but there are a lot of hazards for Soontir these days... maybe a Phantom?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

This is gonna be nasty:

RAC with Gunner, HotCop, Kylo, Predator. Engine?
Wingman of choice. Not sure if points for Whisper.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Here is my bad idea:

Patrol Leader (40)
Darth Vader (3)
Kylo Ren (3)

Sigma Squadron Pilot (25)
Lightweight Frame (2)

Lightweight Frame (2)

Friction
Aug 15, 2001

ConfusedUs posted:

This is gonna be nasty:

RAC with Gunner, HotCop, Kylo, Predator. Engine?
Wingman of choice. Not sure if points for Whisper.

If you skip Engine, you can field Whisper with VI, Advanced Cloak and have two points left for either FCS or crew.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I thought it was going to be Fall of the Resistance? Was that just a rumor?

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I thought it was going to be Fall of the Resistance? Was that just a rumor?

lol probably

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Raged posted:

They do not.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Please, God, show me a T-85. Please.

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."

Finster Dexter posted:

Here is my bad idea:

Patrol Leader (40)
Darth Vader (3)
Kylo Ren (3)

Lightweight Frame (2)

Lightweight Frame (2)

Throw Collision Detectors on those Phantoms so they decloak through obstacles like idiots, and you've got an even worse idea.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Kylo in a Whisper list is probably REALLY GOOD because you can hand out PS0 crits to those pilots who shoot before Whisper does.

Like this variant on the old Mynock Special:

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f...amed%20Squadron

Or hell, put Kylo on a cheap TIE shuttle and take two full-fledged aces

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Tacopocalypse posted:

Throw Collision Detectors on those Phantoms so they decloak through obstacles like idiots, and you've got an even worse idea.

Haha that rules

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I'm sure it's been discussed before but: what's the highest amount of attack dice you could throw in a single turn, assuming everything went right? I mean every one of your ships in the game.

Friction
Aug 15, 2001

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I'm sure it's been discussed before but: what's the highest amount of attack dice you could throw in a single turn, assuming everything went right? I mean every one of your ships in the game.

4x TLT thugs gotta rank pretty high on that list.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
8 I guess? Take any 4 dices ship, slap Swarm Leader + Jan Ors + 1 range.
e: Oh per turn? A 8 ship tie Swarm at range one would be 24.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I think it's 8 for a single ship. It's janky as hell. Miranda or Nora with Adv Proton Torps and Finn crew. Jan Ors piloting a HWK, and Shara somewhere on the field to give a second lock for some re-rolls on the APT/finn combo.

Add upgrades to taste/make it work.

For the ENTIRE list, it's somewhere around 24 from a Z95 swarm all with ordnance.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

32, 4 btla4 tlt y wings

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Yeah, I mean the entire squad in one round. There are at least two ways to get eight dice right now, probably more. Thug Life feels like cheating since those 24 dice can't translate to 24 damage.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Yeah, I mean the entire squad in one round. There are at least two ways to get eight dice right now, probably more. Thug Life feels like cheating since those 24 dice can't translate to 24 damage.

Yeah if you discount TLTs, I think it's gonna be mid 20s. I see several ways to get to 24 regular red dice.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
101 points would allow you to get 7 Academy Pilots and 1 Black Squadron with Swarm Leader for 26. There's probably a 2 point EPT that could help though.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

ConfusedUs posted:

Yeah if you discount TLTs, I think it's gonna be mid 20s. I see several ways to get to 24 regular red dice.

You had it, probably. Six Z-95s with Clusters gets to 36 dice and 36 potential damage.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
NuChewie and Gunner with four Zs is theoretically capable of rolling 36 attack dice in one round if God himself smiles on your matchup.

Comedy option: that in a mirror match can chain off of each other for 72 dice rolled in a single combat phase, from primary weapons only.

Strobe fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jan 23, 2017

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Admiral Joeslop posted:

You had it, probably. Six Z-95s with Clusters gets to 36 dice and 36 potential damage.

Make em all Scum and upgrade 1 to Kaa'to Leeachos with Trick Shot and you're at 38 dice with 2 obstructed cluster missile shots

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
What are some good fighters to compliment a YT-2400?

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

IronSaber posted:

What are some good fighters to compliment a YT-2400?

Poe
Norra
Corran
Lothal Rebel

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Super Dash and Super Norra is a really fun list.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I'm very tempted to run this at Regionals:

Norra Wexley (29)
Expertise (4)
Tactician Tail Gunner (2)
R2-D2 (4)
Vectored Thrusters (2)
Alliance Overhaul (0)

Rey (45)
Expertise (4)
Finn (5)
Kanan Jarrus (3)
Inertial Dampeners (1)
Smuggling Compartment (0)
Millennium Falcon (TFA) (1)

Thoughts?

e: Replace Tactician with Tail Gunner, my mistake

Endman fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jan 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Local gameshop is having a tournament soon:

FFG's Star Wars Xwing Tournament

First Round at 1pm
4 rnds with cut if needed.
$5 entry

Format: Rookies
No Named Pilots or Ship Titles.
You Are flying Newbs...

Would that be a good way to cut my teeth on the game?

• Locked thread