Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

etalian posted:

but but Obama's political capital!

It's why he couldn't put Wall Street bankers in jail or address income inequality?

He was also a 90s republican.

Hmmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Hillary 2020 posted:

Looking forward to the next administration wiping the slate clean and pardoning everyone in the current administration in the name of national unity and healing.

what did you expect his son to do?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

you should be asking how long the union will stay intact

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5yVklzL0vI

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

etalian posted:

Remember how the GOP whined about the president having too much power?

Looks like they changed their tune after Obama left office.

Just look at how they reacted to losing the gubernational contest in North Carolina.

ohgodwhat
Aug 6, 2005

Dolash posted:

I wish I could just skip ahead a hundred days and see how much is going to get demolished, the daily drip of announcements and documents is like watching a slow-motion avalanche make its way toward you.

How much longer to the ACA rollback? I thought that was a "day one" thing for them?

I thought it already effectively happened with his first executive order.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

paranoid randroid posted:

i mean lookit this freaking guy

lookit him

adult convert to mormonism

remember when glenn was going blind

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

ohgodwhat posted:

That executive order effectively did nothing.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

ErIog posted:

They're saying they will gut the EPA in the executive branch, but are saying that's not going far enough because a new administration could just rebuild it. So they're calling for legislation to hamstring the EPA similar to the gun research ban for the CDC.

there's no reliable way to quantify shooting deaths

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

etalian posted:

but but Obama's political capital!

It's why he couldn't put Wall Street bankers in jail or address income inequality?

that would've upset the job creators and they would then curse america for 1000 years

oh wait thats already happening lol

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

that's pretty optimistic

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

ohgodwhat posted:

Nah, people aren't even sure that one does what it's supposed to, it's worded really vaguely and seems aimed at just stopping the Federal government from working on/maintaining it. Actually abolishing it is still a thing Congress does, and I'm sure they've got a bill to do it on the way, just surprise they don't have it on Trump's desk yet.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

triple sulk posted:

ALTERNATIVE FAKE NEWS

can't wait for indie fake news

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

Al! posted:

what do they mean "return to the old ways on science"

are we going to see federal funding for augers

They seem to think that the agency only does science that pushes an agenda. I.E. "We want to find a way to drive the oil companies out of business, lets only do research that proves burning fossil fuels is harmful to the environment" *twirls mustache*

It's a fundamental misunderstanding of both how science works and the research that the agency conducts. A vast majority of the work the agency does is "we already know this is bad, but we don't know exactly why it's bad and/or how to make it less bad, so lets figure out exactly why and how to fix it."

The fact that they're appointing a guy who left the agency to found a nonprofit that does nothing but file FOIA requests for climate scientist's emails to find tidbits that can be taken out of context and blown out of proportion to discredit them kindof bears this out.

CommanderApaul fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jan 24, 2017

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Vertical Lime posted:

can't wait for indie fake news

i might have been into fake news four years ago

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

pathetic little tramp posted:

The dem who runs in 2020 needs to run on single payer. By 2020, medicare and medicaid will be demolished, healthcare will be ultra expensive because of these fuckers right here, and instead of a big nuanced "We need to reinstate medicare and medicaid and also support x and y and 40% goes to bla bla" you can just say "single payer bitch"

Before that can happen the Clintonian stink needs to be scrubbed from the party:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG7w3Oey3xs

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
what's the dem's 2020 nominee, corey booker, got to say about single payer

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

bad failed dems would rather claim the smug moral high ground than have actual victories

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Build ... the wall?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

orange sky posted:

Ok umm.. Is there another source on this?

lol if in 2017 you get information from sources besides tweet storms

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

if you focus the panels you can also fry the illegals comin over!!!

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
Death really is certain.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

etalian posted:

bad failed dems would rather claim the smug moral high ground than have actual victories

but enough about bernie supporters

BAM WOOOOOOOOOO u left yourself wide open there fucko!!!!!!

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

My Imaginary GF posted:

i loving love that bannon's #1 priority is to destroy paul ryann's political career

:agreed:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i lust for hyperdeath

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

lol if in 2017 you get information from sources besides tweet storms

I gave up on information in November. I seek now only the visceral pleasure of nazis getting punched and shouted down.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Al! posted:

that's-a spicy

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

you should be asking how long the union will stay intact

Nothing this administration has put out has proven to be anything more than a threat to literally every goddamn state.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
america is gonna look great in 2020 but i wouldn't know because i'll be dead along with everyone else

truly great again

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

I'm the third grader who came up with this idea and drawing.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Let's just get rid of Washington D.C.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
i suspect our hope is the intra GOP civil war stops them from doing anything but barely anything is happening and both are okay with poisoning the land and bannon merely wants to kill non white poors

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Trump will destroy Medicare and Medicaid, although possibly in a way like block grants where blue states can fill the gap with their own state programs and red states can turn it into tax breaks for the wealthy and therefore blunt opposition. The Democrat in 2020 will then run on mostly-restoring those programs and if they win bring back watered down versions that the next Republican President will have an even easier time wiping away.

Obamacare will remain the high water mark of health coverage in America and a decade or so from now the progressive dems will be pushing for it, mainstream dems will settle for just having medicaid back and the Republican position will be Blood For The Blood God. Discussing single payer will make you a crank or fringe loon.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

logikv9 posted:

america is gonna look great in 2020 but i wouldn't know because i'll be dead along with everyone else

truly great again

america always looked great

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i'm the money to usa arrow

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

paranoid randroid posted:

"hey Bob this one thinks hes Rahm Emmanuel."
"eh, put him with the others"
*double doors open to reveal room full of wild eyed dudes stabbing tables*

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

logikv9 posted:

truly great again

The whole country is going to look like one of those "after we're gone" documentaries with elephants and buffalo roaming free through vine-laden cement jungles and I'm just sad I won't be around to buy the blu-ray release.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Al! posted:

Lmalmao

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
just stop collecting the statistics of the uninsured in america, problem solved :smugdon:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
2018: trump signs new law opening the Department of Alternative Facts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Office Pig posted:

Nothing this administration has put out has proven to be anything more than a threat to literally every goddamn state.
whether anything gets done about it depends if the people are still cheering on their own immolation by squalor long enough

• Locked thread