Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Grittybeard posted:

Mod/not-mod thought: I like how SAS proper is just rolling along in fear of Hand Knit who may not even have logged on in a few days and TFF and PSP/whatever it's called now are going wild.

I don't actually know if PSP is going wild since I only check thread titles and the sad lonely boxing thread.

People are besmirching Frankie Edgar with impunity. It's madness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

One gay beer for my gay friend

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Just watched Mad Max Fury Road today.

What the hell was all the fuss about? Felt like a Michael Bay movie in the desert.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Superbad was the best comedy.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Silly Burrito posted:

What the hell was all the fuss about? Felt like a Michael Bay movie in the desert.
I think it was because the protagonist was female or something like that

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Ehud posted:

no ghostbusters in any of these lists

you can all drink my pee

so it's your #1 movie huh

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

I think it was because the protagonist was female or something like that

nope fury road kicked rear end

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

a patagonian cavy posted:

nope fury road kicked rear end
I thought he meant something different when he said "fuss". I do remember a bunch of MRAs being bent out of shape over it for some reason

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Captain America Civil War is the best movie I've ever seen, nonstop action and intrigue for the entire time...including twists and betrayals.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I'm glad cinematic Spider-Man finally doesn't suck and is fun and not hatable/a sadsack.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Silly Burrito posted:

It was a totally balls-out action movie that was heavy on stunts and practical effects, light on CGI, and it was way more Girl Power than most action movies since it was about group of women defying and ultimately bringing down a literal patriarchy

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

I thought he meant something different when he said "fuss". I do remember a bunch of MRAs being bent out of shape over it for some reason

oh whoops, that went over my head

whatever bends idiot internet mras out of shape is a-ok in my book.

Thermos H Christ posted:

It was a totally balls-out action movie that was heavy on stunts and practical effects, light on CGI, and it was way more Girl Power than most action movies since it was about group of women defying and ultimately bringing down a literal patriarchy

It's this. I've never been in a movie before where about 30 minutes in, it lets up and you hear the assholes of everyone in the audience simultaneously unpucker

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Fury Road was one of the first action movies to be edited by a woman too, if I'm not mistaken.

I think the final race back home was probably one of my favorite action scenes in any movie. Also, the fact that Max and Furiosa aren't shoved into a romantic relationship at the end for the sake of it was a nice touch too.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Thermos H Christ posted:

This is true. It just received so much hype, and for me, it was just a bunch of loud explosions with a minimal plot. To each his own.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
My friend's dad died suddenly yesterday, he was a Bengals fan and one of my first thoughts was "I hope he at least got to watch the Steelers get punted out of the playoffs".

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Silly Burrito posted:

it was just a bunch of loud explosions with a minimal plot. To each his own.

Sounds like a great action movie to me!

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

This is true. It just received so much hype, and for me, it was just a bunch of loud explosions with a minimal plot. To each his own.

The crazy awesome thing is that there is a TON of story in there. there's just almost no dialogue.

Max has fewer than 30 lines in the entire movie, but he's an incredibly real and visceral character.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Silly Burrito posted:

That's every Mad Max movie man and they all kick rear end. It's nice having a movie that doesn't explain every little thing and let's the world tell a story.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Mad max is a movie where women who initially merely try to escape oppression decide that the only true solution is to reclaim their rights, specifically their reproductive rights, by murdering all of the men who stand in their way.

It's uh....pretty topical.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

If you've already seen the first Mad Max, I suggest you watch the original 1970s trailer for it because, like all trailers back then, it's essentially a summary of the movie but the narration is incredible.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Cougs are accepting of all idiots!

Ehud posted:

no ghostbusters in any of these lists

you can all drink my pee

That's Waterworld

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jan 24, 2017

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

#anime

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Silly Burrito posted:

You are bad at watching movies!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Mad Max Fury Road: A bunch of people drive somewhere then have to turn around and drive back

The plot is stupid and boring and the characters are bland and boring but its pretty cool cinematics so whatever

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Tom Hardy is handsome

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Die Hard: a lost man missing his shoes finds his way down to the lobby

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

Jaws: a fish eats people, rather than the other way around!!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Doltos posted:

Mad Max Fury Road: A bunch of people drive somewhere then have to turn around and drive back

The plot is stupid and boring and the characters are bland and boring but its pretty cool cinematics so whatever

will ferrell loving sucks

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Die Hard: a lost man missing his shoes finds his way down to the lobby

LOTR: some little people go on a long walk

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Schindler's List: A man runs a factory

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Wayne's World is the best piece of art humanity ever invented.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Probably Magic posted:

Wayne's World is the best piece of art humanity ever invented.

That movie actually is really great and funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjB6r-HDDI0

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Doltos posted:

Passion of the Christ: a criminal is put to death.

Titanic: a boat sank and also there were titties.

Saving Private Ryan: literally the title, retard.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Alaois posted:

will ferrell loving sucks

Stranger Than Fiction was actually a great film. Unsurprisingly it is also the least "will ferrell" movie will ferrell ever did.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Taken & Ponyo: Liam Neeson will do anything to save his daughter.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Go pats

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Forrest Gump: a man waits for a bus

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Schindler's List: A man runs a factory

Les Miserables: Same

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Chichevache posted:

Stranger Than Fiction was actually a great film. Unsurprisingly it is also the least "will ferrell" movie will ferrell ever did.

Will Ferrell should be in more halfway serious roles, yeah.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Probably Magic posted:

Will Ferrell should be in more halfway serious roles, yeah.

I don't know how well that worked out for Jim Carrey.

On the other hand it made Tom Hanks a superstar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Not a word about Friday, you honky rear end crackers.

• Locked thread