Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
"I am NOT a redshirt."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
Oh snap a dominator.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
You brought Winn to space?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
AWESOME.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

nooneofconsequence posted:

Why don't the make Supergirl a suit that can emit yellow sun radiation or something I don't know.

Or something it is.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Are these guys supposed to be budget Kroloteans? Portals, stealing things, impersonating humans, etc.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Bringing back rocks from an alien planet is how you get alien bugs.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Alex has a really nice place.

Maggie figured it out!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
The glasses don't help.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Stunt Rock posted:

Oh snap a dominator.

Mon-El is absolutely the prince or king or whatever.

Also he was completely right. Maybe don't keep rushing head on into danger Kara.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009
Like Winn I instantly said "Oh, that's pretty much a Stargate." The second I saw it. Complete with "Dial Home Device pedistal and DHD Tablet" The aliens kinda reminded me of the Unas but I guess are pretty standard TV alien costume quality.

Winn worrying about being a red shirt then ultimately fighting a lizard alien with a rock makes me think they cut out a line referring to Kirk fighting the Gorn.

Alex stuff continues to be great and when it isn't great it very clearly isn't nearly as bad as it could be.

Mr 'Bullets are my Kryptonite' wants to be a super hero. Does Kara realize how much she gets shot at? I guess most human heroes don't like being shot but those ones generally don't model themselves after and get trained by Supergirl/Man.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Hell yeah great episode, very comicbooky, yellow sun grenade owned

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
That was the best episode of Stargate I've seen in a while.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Jesus Mon-El got a lot of basic Earth stuff wrong.

"We're saving up for a trip to Paris City!"

"Oh yeah, that is against our religion from our MANY Gods"

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

Vietnamwees posted:

Jesus Mon-El got a lot of basic Earth stuff wrong.

"We're saving up for a trip to Paris City!"

"Oh yeah, that is against our religion from our MANY Gods"

Him (it was him right?) yelling "Start the Car! Start the car!" as they ran to the Stargate was funny but it seemed like too human of a joke for him to be making considering how clueless to human culture they play him.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Turns out Kevin Smith is pretty good at directing DC shows.

He even got to add to his daughter's SAG resume.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Kevin Smith made the nerd a baddass.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That was a good episode.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I dunno, I didn't like it as much as previous episodes. Maybe it's just that lately I've found Kevin Smith to be irritating (and I say that as one of his oldest fans). He still owes me two hours of my life back for Yoga Hosers.

Winn was good, the girl on girl action was good, but I wish they'd used Dr. Venture a bit more. I'm assuming the alien that followed them is going to have a future part in the show?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Smith's Superman Lives script featured a Thanagarian snare beast, so now that he finally gets his hands on a Superman-based property, it's not surprising he dropped a reference in last night's episode.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

The episode title was "Supergirl Lives," too.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Genius.

Gotta give Kevin Smith credit, he's scrapped that niche for himself out with his bare loving hands.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Gonz posted:

Smith's Superman Lives script featured a Thanagarian snare beast, so now that he finally gets his hands on a Superman-based property, it's not surprising he dropped a reference in last night's episode.

That was the writers' doing. Smith's lone contribution to the script was tossing Chris Wood the line "Start the car!"

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Neon Knight posted:

Him (it was him right?) yelling "Start the Car! Start the car!" as they ran to the Stargate was funny but it seemed like too human of a joke for him to be making considering how clueless to human culture they play him.

I think he picked the line up from watching TV. Maybe he doesn't know what a car is, but he knows you have to start it to get out of a bad spot.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

OB_Juan posted:

I think he picked the line up from watching TV. Maybe he doesn't know what a car is, but he knows you have to start it to get out of a bad spot.

In my mind he got it from an over played Ikea commercial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlWCLw75XnE

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Who was Kevin Smith's daughter playing in this episode? I'm assuming one of the lizard people.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

ruddiger posted:

Who was Kevin Smith's daughter playing in this episode? I'm assuming one of the lizard people.

The main girl that Supergirl was trying to find, who was kidnapped.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

nooneofconsequence posted:

Bringing back rocks from an alien planet is how you get alien bugs.

I can't wait for all the cast to have to bring up bad memories of each other to tell if they're parasites or not.

And Wynn can't let go of Sleepy Gary.

I was super confused during the opening and seeing Harley Quinn name there, then I remember Kevin Smith named his daughter that.

Too bad they didn't go full on Doctor Venture though, he needed a Walking Eye. He's still around though. Supergirl needs to totally Zod Roulette though.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

twistedmentat posted:

Too bad they didn't go full on Doctor Venture though, he needed a Walking Eye. He's still around though. Supergirl needs to totally Zod Roulette though.

He's definitely not still around, unless he can come back from disintegration.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
Why do people still try to rob banks and raid jewellery stores in National City? I guess because they're not very smart but come on, those guys went through all the effort and expense of acquiring a bazooka when they could have just done the heist in a city that isn't protected by a flying alien that can shoot laser beams of their eyes.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Medullah posted:

He's definitely not still around, unless he can come back from disintegration.

I posted that as soon as they shot him, should have gone back and edited. If he only had that Walking Eye.

tragedyjones
Oct 26, 2010
I couldn't grab a screen capture but I am 90% sure Winn was wearing a captain America t-shirt under his hoodie on last night's ep. In the locker room scene.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

He was definitely wearing a t-shirt with two concentric red and blue circles on it.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Here's hoping Kevin Smith directs an episode of Arrow next year and uses his clout to rescue Harley Quinn from the clutches of DC corporate. I mean, they're letting her show up on Gotham, why can't the Arrowverse have her back too?

Also yeah, this episode was just great all over and I can't wait for that musical crossover now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
LoL, what clout does Kevin Smith have with Warner Brothers?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Kevin Smith will only direct an episode of arrow if they let him use the dumb character he invented for Bateman

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Licarn posted:

Why do people still try to rob banks and raid jewellery stores in National City? I guess because they're not very smart but come on, those guys went through all the effort and expense of acquiring a bazooka when they could have just done the heist in a city that isn't protected by a flying alien that can shoot laser beams of their eyes.

I forget which comic it was in, but there's an issue of some DC comic where it's a bunch of robbers who're in a car talking about why which city is the worst. One talked about Gotham, another about Central City, there might've been a third one as it's revealed that they weren't actually driving the car, it was Superman hand delivering them and the last guy saying that Metropolis is the worst because Superman is jsut way too loving nice as he's aprehending them.

I need to find that one because I thought it was really amusing.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
" I cant help Kara because FAARRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrT" . Man just wear a mask.

He totally is wearing some sort of round shield thingy.

edit:

LOL Kevin Smith's Daughter is in this.

Wow she is terrible.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Jan 25, 2017

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Hollismason posted:

LOL Kevin Smith's Daughter is in this.

Wow she is terrible.

The apple don't fall far etc etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I dunno I thought this was at least marginally directed well enough to not be distracting .