Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Cross-posting from... ... ...the OSHA thread in GBS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrnn
Aug 16, 2004

Giving back because this thread has given me some much needed detox from our heavy times, so have our heavy cats in return:

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

lmao that's a great shot

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

This is very close to the "feed me." look which my not-actually-chunky-just-big-boned black cat likes to give when it's food time.

Speaking of whom:

His younger 'sister' (...the vent frequently emits warm air...you do the math):

Syrnn
Aug 16, 2004

bitprophet posted:

This is very close to the "feed me." look which my not-actually-chunky-just-big-boned black cat likes to give when it's food time.

Speaking of whom:

His younger 'sister' (...the vent frequently emits warm air...you do the math):

I can dig it; your cats are like a palette swap of our duo. :3:

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

Three-Phase posted:

Cross-posting from... ... ...the OSHA thread in GBS?

I just want to point out that machine is called "Happycow." Truth in advertising *does* still exist.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
Someone, somewhere designed, patented, and manufactured that machine with the sole purpose and directive of making sure a cow was thoroughly scratched to the point of satisfaction and that's a thought I'm happy to live with.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

This is a tantrum free zone.

http://scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com/t50.2886-16/13400157_1621764194808688_636366380_n.mp4

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGT-EseHKwz/

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/Strange_Animals/status/800636137731592192

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

One of my cats is going to the vet school for an endoscopy. I'm trying not to fret about it. Posting tabby cats would ease my mind, tia.

Or anything else cute, tbh.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
http://i.imgur.com/d8iisJR.gifv

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

queserasera posted:

One of my cats is going to the vet school for an endoscopy. I'm trying not to fret about it. Posting tabby cats would ease my mind, tia.

What's the problem?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

This really needs to be on amazon prime.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Good rear end dog right there

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

My fiancee wants to get a newborn puppy every time she has a baby or adopts a kid so they can grow up together as best friends.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

queserasera posted:

Since when did they start letting cats study to be veterinarians?

Sorry to hear about your cat, hope everything goes well.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

chitoryu12 posted:

My fiancee wants to get a newborn puppy every time she has a baby or adopts a kid so they can grow up together as best friends.

This is a terrible, adorable idea. But terrible.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Eponine posted:

This is a terrible, adorable idea. But terrible.

If you really want to do something like that it's better to wait a few years on either the baby or the puppy front because humans and dogs mature at vastly different speeds and outside of photographs babies and puppies don't actually mix well.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

chitoryu12 posted:

This is a very cute idea but, from someone who knows a family that did the same, I would recommend against it unless you also want your kids to learn what it feels like to lose a best friend when they're teenagers :(

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Jesus, this thread got old and dark, real loving fast.

I had the same thought :smith:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAbOUZ4cXaQ

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

This is a very cute idea but, from someone who knows a family that did the same, I would recommend against it unless you also want your kids to learn what it feels like to lose a best friend when they're teenagers :(
Yet again confirming that immortal jellyfish are the ideal pet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PRyYByIXhc

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Or a lobster, lobsters live very long in captivity as long as you remember to keep upgrading their tank size when they molt. (about 30-50 years)

Kwyndig has a new favorite as of 03:36 on Jan 24, 2017

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.
Elephants have the same lifespan as humans. Get a baby elephant!

Terminus
May 6, 2008
Let's get some cute back in this thread.
Here are some baby Prehensile-tailed porcupines!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
If you are doing the Get A Puppy For A New Kid thing, to be brutally honest the prime time to do it is when the kid is 8-ish. When it's time for the dog to pass into the great hereafter, they'll be old enough and mature enough to come to terms with it, but also not too old that they'll have moved out/etc and will have spent as much time with the doggy as possible. Source: Me and my sister and my first dog, who I loved very much!

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Terminus posted:

Let's get some cute back in this thread.
Here are some baby Prehensile-tailed porcupines!

Ohmygod look at his big nose! :3:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

StandardVC10 posted:

Ohmygod look at his big nose! :3:

In case you were not aware, they also make delightful noises.

Terminus
May 6, 2008
North American Porcupines are also pretty great!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGz8jcbJjRw

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Holy crap, even though I was waiting for it it still took me a few seconds to realize it wasn't a person making that noise

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Oh I love the SciShow Talk Show animal segments because it's a lot of the time something I've never heard of and is really neat. Even if I'm aware of the animal I still tend to learn something.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

SciShow is awesome and everyone should subscribe to them.

(It helps that Michael is pretty easy to look at.)

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Kemosabe is pretty great. His wildlife sanctuary has a ton of videos with him and Jessie (the redheaded woman with him in that clip) and he is always chattering.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Cats, man.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

One of my cats has swollen, ropy intestines and the vet thinks she might have the kitty version of IBS. She throws up 2-4 times a day. Did better on the depomedrol (maybe 2-4 times a week), started projectile vomiting after taking the atopica, now she's getting a camera down her throat. She's also had an x-ray, an ultrasound, and more vet visits in the past six months than I've had doctor visits.

The vomit comet:

And her sister:

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

queserasera posted:

One of my cats has swollen, ropy intestines and the vet thinks she might have the kitty version of IBS. She throws up 2-4 times a day. Did better on the depomedrol (maybe 2-4 times a week), started projectile vomiting after taking the atopica, now she's getting a camera down her throat. She's also had an x-ray, an ultrasound, and more vet visits in the past six months than I've had doctor visits.

The vomit comet:

And her sister:

That sucks duder. I'm not a doctor, but don't be surprised if it's Crohn's too. My family has a 10+ year old Abyssinian that has it and gets monthly steroid injections to control it. He's a nice cat but doesn't give a gently caress where he shits. I guess he's lucky my family gave him a forever home because I'm not sure I could deal with it.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

That sucks, I hope it's something manageable.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

I have never been more jealous of someone whose life is apparently in tatters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
http://i.imgur.com/BTa2iYO.mp4