Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

I saw this while paging through this year's sets on Brickset.

Note the miniball joints. I think I'm going to fill up a large PAB cup just with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Pyroclastic posted:

Note the miniball joints. I think I'm going to fill up a large PAB cup just with them.

Solid pieces!!! Are these live on the wall?

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Feenix posted:

Dunno, haven't been to a store since the 2nd, and last time I was there it was still the one from November/December or whenever. Not really planning on making another trip up until after the Lego Batman movie is out so I can get that Batman costumes polybag.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

Feenix posted:

Every time I've been in a store when they've had one of those "pick a model" things, they've always had all the pieces for the model out for PAB.

I wish they would do one with some sweet Technic parts.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I wish they updated it more. I went for the first time to PAB about 7 months ago and then again maybe a month ago and it was probably 80% or more the same parts.

I'll have to hit it up when they have those ball joints and spinning tiles though. Those things are insanely useful.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jan 23, 2017

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
holy poo poo holy poo poo holy poo poo

I have a single mixel and he's really neat(the purple wizard owl guy) and those joints are rad, I will drop 20 dollars filling up pab cups with themmmmmm

also the black bar plate, 1x1 circle tiles, and the white overhang things, those are all good and wanted

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Pyroclastic posted:

Oh wow, beyond the joints, I would load up on a few more of these pieces too. Looks like I'll be needing to take a trip to Orlando soon...

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Ika posted:

^^^^^^ A UCS interceptor or advanced would own.

There was a UCS Interceptor.

...and boy does look incredibly dated next to the UCS Tie

I'd love for a UCS Bomber (or in my wildest dreams a UCS Tie Defender) - the alternate Ties feel like they've been woefully neglected. Both the Bomber and Interceptor had one normal sized model, and that was back when they made Ties blue & black. It feels surprising not to have had more with how many revisions of Darth's Tie and Rebel Wings there's been.

There's rumours that there'll be a first order bomber to go along with the Episode VIII sets though.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Aside from Bricklink or ebay, is there a fairly simple, affordable way to get some Technic Rods, Gears, Pins, Gear Racks, whatever, really... to go along with my boxed Power Functions box? The ONLY other gears I really have are presently living in the Bucket Wheel Excavator and gently caress no I am not disassembling that, ever.

tactical_grace
Oct 18, 2004

General Contact Unit
(Escarpment Class)

Oxyclean posted:

...and boy does look incredibly dated next to the UCS Tie

I'd love for a UCS Bomber (or in my wildest dreams a UCS Tie Defender) - the alternate Ties feel like they've been woefully neglected. Both the Bomber and Interceptor had one normal sized model, and that was back when they made Ties blue & black. It feels surprising not to have had more with how many revisions of Darth's Tie and Rebel Wings there's been.

There's rumours that there'll be a first order bomber to go along with the Episode VIII sets though.

There was a UCS Advanced too. Does look very dated next to the UCS TIE. The wing panels are mesh rather than solid, and the curves on the cockpit look very clunky compared to the nice shape of the TIE.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Oxyclean posted:

Ya I know, but I missed it and it could use a refresh. The normal UCS TIE just looks so boring, for half off I'd get it but not for the full price.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

I called the Tukwila store after work today just to see what they had out for the pick a model, and he told me they just put out the excavator.
I headed up there and filled a cup with mini ball joints. Looks like others had the same idea, since the bin was a bit low compared to others.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Are the new sets for Star Wars out in the US? Canada has jack poo poo and January is almost finished. Thought they were due this month.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I haven't seen anything new since the rogue one sets in stores. I'd imagine the next wave will be very soon though.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I feel like I've heard March thrown around.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Have we gotten anymore info on the summer Batman sets?

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

I was at the Raleigh Lego store this weekend with my 4 year old daughter just looking around. I bought her a $5 Friends set and when we checked out she told the Lego employee she loved his Batman mini fig he had on his name tag, while wearing a Batman hoodie and he gave it to her right there. The look on her face was priceless and made her day, so Batman is sitting on her bed shelf with her other prized toys.

I filled out a survey for the guy and I hope he gets something out of it, thank you Patrick for making my daughter's day amazing.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I got the Mr.Freeze set last night and it was an enjoyable build. But looking at the other sets, i'd like the other villains but then I may be stuck with multiple of Batman and Batgirl... I suppose I can just sell em off but still kinda annoying. First world problems.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

veni veni veni posted:

Made a little ship today

Still kind of in rough draft phase.

Reminds me a little of the FFVI boss you fight when you're falling onto the flying continent.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Any of you guys ever make sound effects or otherwise talk in funny accents when you are working on a build?

Asking for a friend...

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

I definitely never make wooshing motions or pew pew noises when building stuff. No sir.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Zonko_T.M. posted:

I definitely never make wooshing motions or pew pew noises when building stuff. No sir.

Well sure, that... but I meant like, maybe making hydraulic ratchet sounds on wheel installations, and you know, speaking in a german villain accent to yourself when hunting for a certain piece.

You know... my friend does this...

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Anyone here have experience selling used (but complete) sets on Bricklink? eBay's a hassle for sellers and SA Mart goons always lowball the hell out of reasonable prices.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Zonko_T.M. posted:

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Feenix posted:

Well sure, that... but I meant like, maybe making hydraulic ratchet sounds on wheel installations, and you know, speaking in a german villain accent to yourself when hunting for a certain piece.

You know... my friend does this...

I don't, but that's only because my 9-year-old daughter helps, and she does the voices for me.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Anyone here have experience selling used (but complete) sets on Bricklink? eBay's a hassle for sellers and SA Mart goons always lowball the hell out of reasonable prices.

I think most goons are looking for good deals, not reasonable-average-bricklink-price. $600 might be a 'reasonable' price for Cafe Corner considering its average on BL at $700-900+, but few of us are going to go for anything like that. And most everything from the past ~10 years is pretty low demand around here.
I've never sold on BL, only bought specific parts and a handful of used/complete sets.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Pyroclastic posted:

I think most goons are looking for good deals, not reasonable-average-bricklink-price. $600 might be a 'reasonable' price for Cafe Corner considering its average on BL at $700-900+, but few of us are going to go for anything like that. And most everything from the past ~10 years is pretty low demand around here.
I've never sold on BL, only bought specific parts and a handful of used/complete sets.

Oh, I know. I'm not looking to retire on it, just raise a little disposable income. My SA Mart issue is with the goons who offer 1/2-1/3 my asking price, which is almost always already well below MSRP.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Oh, I know. I'm not looking to retire on it, just raise a little disposable income. My SA Mart issue is with the goons who offer 1/2-1/3 my asking price, which is almost always already well below MSRP.

You can decline lovely offers. Some goons trawl SA Mart to make money on a dead gay comedy forum.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I put on soundtracks similar to what I am building. :3:

Which is really just Star Wars music...

But yesterday I listened to the Batman TAS soundtrack.

Mitsune
Jun 24, 2005

Vintersorg posted:

I got the Mr.Freeze set last night and it was an enjoyable build. But looking at the other sets, i'd like the other villains but then I may be stuck with multiple of Batman and Batgirl... I suppose I can just sell em off but still kinda annoying. First world problems.

I would gladly purchase one of those extra Batmans off your hands. :D

I've been trying to find a set where Flash doesn't cost an arm and a leg for. So much trouble to put together a little LEGO Justice League set on my shelf.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Is there a particular flash figure you wanted? Ebay has some for $5. And bricklink will have all of them for varying costs, as well.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So I went to the Lego store today to grab some cups of the PAB wall. Upon checkout I saw two very cool vehicles and was like "oh man!"

Turns out they are each 10 dollar City sets that are either very or somewhat new?

Stunt Truck and Buggy

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Stunt-Truck-60146

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Buggy-60145

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Those look neat but at this point I'm p sure I have all the parts needed to build either of those a half a dozen times over. Once our renos are done and we aren't sleeping on the floor of the Lego room I gotta build a few of em.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I haven't seen a set in years that uses that roll cage that the buggy does. They used those in everything in the 80s.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Mitsune posted:

I would gladly purchase one of those extra Batmans off your hands. :D

I've been trying to find a set where Flash doesn't cost an arm and a leg for. So much trouble to put together a little LEGO Justice League set on my shelf.

What about the ten dollar racer set?

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Feenix posted:

So I went to the Lego store today to grab some cups of the PAB wall. Upon checkout I saw two very cool vehicles and was like "oh man!"

Turns out they are each 10 dollar City sets that are either very or somewhat new?

Stunt Truck and Buggy

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Stunt-Truck-60146

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Buggy-60145

Those new wheel arches are pretty nice! And in orange, too...

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

veni veni veni posted:

I haven't seen a set in years that uses that roll cage that the buggy does. They used those in everything in the 80s.

Those are horse harnesses, not rollcages :colbert:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
um excuse me they are spaceship angled laser launchers, thanks

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Captain Invictus posted:

um excuse me they are spaceship angled laser launchers, thanks