Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So I found all three of the newest wave of Legends. Gnaw is fantastic. Kickback is okay. Bumblebee is garbage but I love hatchback Transformers so I had to have him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I really wish they'd done better with Gnaw's forearms but his robot mode really is secondary.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DoctorWhat posted:

I really wish they'd done better with Gnaw's forearms but his robot mode really is secondary.

I've already seen numerous customs where they filed the hands off the legs and built a fourth "toe" in it's place. There were four of them on the pegs, should have grabbed them all.

Edit: Oh my god, I adore MP Star Saber.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Jan 21, 2017

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Rhyno posted:

So I found all three of the newest wave of Legends. Gnaw is fantastic. Kickback is okay. Bumblebee is garbage but I love hatchback Transformers so I had to have him.
All of mine showed up today too. I wish Hasbro would get better at matching yellow paint to plastic. Bumblebee's roof is a completely different shade. I really like Kickback, but yeah Gnaw's the standout.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
The Chase repaint of Bee is neat, but I really wish it had been Searchlight instead only because I've got a white turbocharged hatchback and that's probably the closest I'd get to having a transformer of my car.

Without going out and buying an RX8 or an old-rear end Datsun, I mean.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

What's so bad about BB? i don't have one yet but the only thing that I kinda don't dig is those pointy shoulders.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Blackheart posted:

What's so bad about BB? i don't have one yet but the only thing that I kinda don't dig is those pointy shoulders.

He doesn't peg together very well at all.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Blackheart posted:

I don't think he's really bad, he's just... not great. It's true his vehicle mode doesn't peg together very well, and it's two-toned and kind of a mess of panels. His robot mode's pretty good though, other than kind of lame arms. He's got a great headsculpt.

He also has a molded license plate that reads "100STRA", is that a reference to something I'm not getting? DT?

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

900STRA is his license plate in the films, but TR Bumblebee is smaller so he's 100STRA.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

It's a play on one of the Movie Bee license plates, IIRC.

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Strokes
TRiggered
Annually

It's Bay's high score, 900 in a movie release year and 100 in an off year.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I want a Sunstreaker to go with my MP bots but I hear both 3p options are hot garbage (and saw one dude who apparently cut them in half to stick the legs and torsos of the opposite bots together because that "looked best").

What do I buy

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

History Comes Inside! posted:

I want a Sunstreaker to go with my MP bots but I hear both 3p options are hot garbage (and saw one dude who apparently cut them in half to stick the legs and torsos of the opposite bots together because that "looked best").

What do I buy

Depends on what you prefer in terms of robot mode look, particularly in terms of how wide you think Sunstreaker's chest should be (Sunsurge's is narrow, Spinout's is wide) and if you hate fake kibble (Sunsurge uses a fake car roof and windshield for the chest, Spinout uses the actual car roof). Badcube Sunsurge is more of a G1 cartoon look and Omnigonix Spinout is more of a G1 toy look. Sunsurge has the trademark Badcube "explosion of panels" transformation scheme, so if you want something you can kind of absentmindedly mess with, you're out of luck there. Spinout has endless production defects and weird tolerance problems, and there's an entire thread on TFW detailing the extensive mods you have to/should do to make him an acceptable toy. Spinout also feels really flimsy and cheap in-hand.

I am not thrilled with either one, and normally I'd just wait for Takara or one of the better third party MP groups (namely Fanstoys or MMC/Ocular Max) to make one, but it doesn't look like any other third parties are tackling him any time soon and I doubt we'll see a Takara version due to the vehicle mode being a fictional modification of a Countach and therefore possibly difficult to license, or maybe just Takara not wanting to make two Countach molds, so I did end up deciding to get one recently. After messing with both of them at a local collectibles show I decided to get Badcube Sunsurge and feel he was the best choice, even if neither is ideal. He's a tad taller than I'd like him to be next to Sideswipe but he's a good representation of the character, alt mode is solid, he looks good in the group, and he's by far the better made item. But if you like Spinout's look better, and are willing to put the work into modding his flaws, he can be made to look decent, and he's generally much cheaper than Sunsurge, so it really depends what you want in an MP Sunstreaker.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I only have Sunsurge, and I didn't need the manual to get him back into car mode once I had transformed him once.

I've had zero problems with him outside of being initially confused about where the panels go.

+1 recommendation for Sunsurge.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

I definitely find Sunsurge more intuitive than Wardog's transformation. He's certainly more complex than Takara MPs but I think for the most part he makes sense. It's just a lot of steps.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I have Omnigonix Spinout because I can't stand fake transformation parts, and as long as you go into it with knowledge that the QA's not the best, I think he's fine. I'm completely satisfied with mine. You don't have to do mods to get him tolerable, I didn't do any to mine, but he's definitely a sit-on-the-shelf-and-look-at bot since nothing really locks in tight. But he can totally hold a pose, you just have to be prepared to reset some panels when you move him. I don't really see any problems with the plastic quality, it's definitely not like knockoff plastic.

There is a Shapeways kit you can get that makes things lock in better, apparently the backstory with the figure is the factory that actually made the figure cut a bunch of corners from the designer's final design to save them money on producing it, so the designer made the Shapeways kit to add some of that stuff back in. It's not a perfect fix apparently but they say it helps, I never got it since I didn't feel the need.

I realize that sounds like a lot of justification for a bad figure, but he just looks so much better to me in robot mode than Sunsurge with his tiny squashed fake chest that it's worth it. It looks like TFsource has him on sale right now for $70, that's what I paid for mine and I think that's about the right price for what he is.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Keldroc posted:

I definitely find Sunsurge more intuitive than Wardog's transformation. He's certainly more complex than Takara MPs but I think for the most part he makes sense. It's just a lot of steps.
Intuitive is better than simple in my mind. Nothing wrong with lots of steps. I have simple 3P transformation toys that are way bigger ballaches than stuff with x5 the transformation time.

Or, inversely, Iron Factory Maramusa / Norimune, which are very simple and have the actual worst transformation into the worst vehicle mode I have ever encountered. The actual worst.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I like the bot mode of spinout better but it does sound like it's kind of a busted piece of poo poo. He does look like he'd fit in better next to Sideswipe, but I'd rather have something I can dick around with than something to pose and place once in whatever position I can get him to stay upright in.

Sunsurge it is! Thanks guys.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Voting for the new Prime has started.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
why is PRIMAL under CHAOS
that's a bad sign

voted HOUND, PRIMAL, STAR SABER
basically everyone who hasn't really done much in the comics yet. Sorry Arcee.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Magnus, shockwave, unknown evil

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Hemingway To Go! posted:

that's a bad sign

voted HOUND, PRIMAL, STAR SABER
basically everyone who hasn't really done much in the comics yet. Sorry Arcee.

Hound took command of the Lost Light troops during Dark Cybertron and also lost Thunderwing's body. And I had to go back and double-check that he'd even done that

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Unknown Evil/Pence 2016!

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Hemingway To Go! posted:

that's a bad sign

They're sort of fudging that by making him the "unconventional" one. His quote on the voting page makes reference to his "Sometimes crazy works" line in Beast Wars.

So I guess we have a decent idea of some of the figures in the next line, at least. Kinda wonder if Thunderwing will be another re-use of the Overlord/Sky Shadow mold.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Hemingway To Go! posted:

"Sometimes crazy works."

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
They might also be mixing in some of his Beast Machines personality

Heckie Holmes
Jul 31, 2008

Hi,

I'm making space in my house, and I have a bunch of Transformers I'm looking to sell off, so was told by a friend to come here.

I'm estimating the prices off of what I've seen on Ebay.

ARMADA
Thundercracker ----------$30
Megatron--------------------$20
Galvatron--------------------$40
Starscream ----------------$20
Wheeljack ------------------$15
Demolishor-----------------$10
Cyclonus---------------------$10
Blurr----------------------------$10
Thrust-------------------------$10
Scavenger-------------------$20
Smokescreen--------------$10
Skywarp----------------------$30
Sideways---------------------$15
Hoist----------------------------$10
Hot Shot----------------------$10
Overload----------------------$20
Optimus Prime (Big)----$30 Rhyno
Optimus Prime (Small)--$15
Sideswipe-------------------$10
Red Alert---------------------$15

ENERGON
Mirage (Japanese Version)---------------$20
Galvatron---------------------$30
Wing Saber------------------$25 Rhyno
Ironhide-----------------------$15
Shockblast-------------------$15
Inferno--------------------------$10
Slugslinger-------------------$10
Divebomb-----------------------$5
Ravage---------------------------$5
Arcee------------------------------$5
Landmine---------------------$30

CYBERTRON
Optimus Prime--------------$30
Galvatron-----------------------$30
Scourge-------------------------$25
Soundwave--------------------$15
SkyShadow--------------------$15

ROBOTS IN DISGUISE
Megatron------------------------$30
Optimus Prime----------------$30
Ultra Magnus------------------$30
Dreadwind and Smokjumper---$35
Sideburn-------------------------$10 DoctorWhat
Brawn-----------------------------$10 DoctorWhat
Prowl------------------------------$10 DoctorWhat
Bruticus--------------------------$5

Classics Hot Rod (NOT the G1 version)---$30
Cryotek---------------------------$40

These guys have all their weapons, minicons, missles, chips, directions, etc (even the cards for those that had them).. I've been THAT OCD with them.
Whoever wants them, just call dibs. I'll update my list with whoever gets what.

If there's any problem with me selling these here, just tell me and I'll remove my post.

Heckie Holmes fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jan 24, 2017

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

How good is the chrome on the rid 2001 figures?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Heckie Holmes posted:

ARMADA
Optimus Prime (Big)----$30

ENERGON
Wing Saber------------------$25

Yo I want these please! That is the Prime with the trailer that turns into his legs right?

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Heckie Holmes posted:

Hi,

I'm making space in my house, and I have a bunch of Transformers I'm looking to sell off, so was told by a friend to come here.

I'm estimating the prices off of what I've seen on Ebay.

I'm the friend and I already got first dibs on all the G1 goodies, plus Unicron, Broadside and a few other big ones. I wish I had more room but my Lego/TMNT fight for space.

Heckie Holmes
Jul 31, 2008

TFRazorsaw posted:

How good is the chrome on the rid 2001 figures?

I didn't see any issues with them when I looked them over earlier today. Nothing chipped or flaked.

Rhyno posted:

Yo I want these please! That is the Prime with the trailer that turns into his legs right?

You got it! Yeah, his trailer turns into a pair of pants.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I will take all 3 RID Autobot Brothers off your hands because I love to suffer. email me at fortezeluxe (at) gmail (dot) biz net com

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I may consider Optimus after the first of the month. Do you have any contact info I can reach you at?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Heckie Holmes posted:

You got it! Yeah, his trailer turns into a pair of pants.

I PMed you my man.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Unknown Evil is Deathsaurus. Strange that he and Star Saber are both on the list.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.
While we're on the subject of selling RID 2001 goods, I've got Car Robots versions of the 3 brothers, MOSC that have been sitting in a box for over 15 years. The cards for Prowl and X-Brawn have some bottom left corner damage, but otherwise are in great shape. I'm not sure how much these are worth but I'll entertain any offers via PM.

HiriseSoftware fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jan 24, 2017

Heckie Holmes
Jul 31, 2008

DoctorWhat posted:

I will take all 3 RID Autobot Brothers off your hands because I love to suffer. email me at fortezeluxe (at) gmail (dot) biz net com

Done and done!

TFRazorsaw posted:

I may consider Optimus after the first of the month. Do you have any contact info I can reach you at?

Which Optimus? EDIT: My E-mail is jim.baldessari@gmail.com

I've updated my list with those who have already laid claim.

Heckie Holmes fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Jan 24, 2017

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Magnus/Primal/Star Saber here, let's see some big bots.

Is there a Glass case from Ikea like the Detolf, but smaller and sits on a shelf instead of standing on it's own.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Anora posted:

Magnus/Primal/Star Saber here, let's see some big bots.

Is there a Glass case from Ikea like the Detolf, but smaller and sits on a shelf instead of standing on it's own.

How big? Have you looked at cases for footballs, basketballs, helmets etc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Rhyno posted:

How big? Have you looked at cases for footballs, basketballs, helmets etc?

I avoid sports as much as possible.

If that answers your questions.