Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

Ah I see, well for me I make the joke because the way Masamune "strategizes" about getting Aki to fall for him in his inner narration essentially comes across as what I've heard about PUA; the show generally doesn't seem to at all embrace the philosophy but the first 2 eps had some cringey moments.

I actually also have a hard time seeing Aki as unlikeable; on reddit people are using the b-word and I'm just baffled.

yeah she's got both sides going on. the degree to which she insults and shames guys is pretty ridiculous (e.g. Moleo) but at the same time i can see how all the attention focused on her from guys would result in being so fed up with it that she just shoos them away harshly. so for guys like Pudding Prince i don't see her being so bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Raenir Salazar posted:

on reddit people are using the b-word and I'm just baffled.

i'm not

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Bacon? What's wrong with bacon, why would bacon be unlikable?
:confused:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i don't think there's a single show this season that passes the three episode test with more flying colors than little witch academia

https://files.catbox.moe/auhpmp.mp4

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah. It's just a drat riot. I do hope Akko starts to get into the swing of things at least a little sooner rather than later, though.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Bacon? What's wrong with bacon, why would bacon be unlikable?
:confused:

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Adel posted:

Despite my intolerance for harem or harem-like shows, KonoSuba is good and it made me laugh. I wish S2 was over so I could binge it right now.

"So, Kazuma, you now have your own harem. Tell us, who is the best girl?"

"Hmm."

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

The Colonel posted:

i don't think there's a single show this season that passes the three episode test with more flying colors than little witch academia

https://files.catbox.moe/auhpmp.mp4

LWA isn't really doing much for me, I just find myself bored watching it. I'm glad a lot of other people are enjoying it though.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Raenir Salazar posted:

Ah I see, well for me I make the joke because the way Masamune "strategizes" about getting Aki to fall for him in his inner narration essentially comes across as what I've heard about PUA; the show generally doesn't seem to at all embrace the philosophy but the first 2 eps had some cringey moments.

I actually also have a hard time seeing Aki as unlikeable; on reddit people are using the b-word and I'm just baffled.

Lmao. Your argument is based on people at reddit and what you've "heard" puas do?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Nalin posted:

"So, Kazuma, you now have your own harem. Tell us, who is the best girl?"

"Hmm."

"Kazuma desu."

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Namtab posted:

Lmao. Your argument is based on people at reddit and what you've "heard" puas do?

I don't have an argument? Certainly not based on anything from reddit, I have a basis from which I formulated joke about a show I obviously enjoy, what are you on about?

Why is "heard" in scare quotes?

l33tc4k30fd00m
Sep 5, 2004

Gosh what is with the tension over this show, it's cute.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???

Julias posted:

"Kazuma desu."

:laugh:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Boy do I feel silly for thinking this season of Yowamushi Pedal might not have a freaky bicycle monster

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Adel posted:

Despite my intolerance for harem or harem-like shows, KonoSuba is good and it made me laugh. I wish S2 was over so I could binge it right now.

That's not a harem anyone wants, or deserves.

psyer
Mar 26, 2013
The 6th season of Natsume is airing in the spring.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2017-01-24/6th-natsume-book-of-friends-anime-slated-to-air-in-spring/.111405

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

hell yeah!

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I still need to finish season 5 but :toot: awesome!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

https://youtu.be/3NuFVQk_CCs

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Natsume is in a monthly magazine, so we're probably catching up to it pretty quickly with this recent spurt. That said, the manga's still not over. so there'll probably be at least one more season after this even if it goes into the ending arc right after I make this post.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
ACCA's OP and ED are really cool

https://jii.moe/B1X8-YVPx.webm

https://jii.moe/BJ1fmY4wx.webm

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

Natsume is in a monthly magazine, so we're probably catching up to it pretty quickly with this recent spurt. That said, the manga's still not over. so there'll probably be at least one more season after this even if it goes into the ending arc right after I make this post.

I mean, they waited four years between seasons 4 and 5.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Strange Quark posted:

I mean, they waited four years between seasons 4 and 5.
in those 4 years there were 6 volumes

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I'd definitely say MaiDragon's aced the 3-episode test. First ep wasn't super remarkable, but 2 and 3 have leaned hard into the absurdist/heartwarming family comedy angle, to its great benefit.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/824849824008724484

Yaaaaaaay. :geno:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRtAGq5bT54&t=6s

is it just me or does it actually look like 2d animation?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i can't believe berserk s2 is going to bring 1/2 second of animation that might be 2d

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Was S1 bad?

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Season 1 had really bad 3D CG and probably the worst sound direction I've ever heard.

Apparently the BD's fixed some issues but I haven't checked it out.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

The Colonel posted:

i can't believe berserk s2

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Infamously. Check our 'worst anime of 2016' thread.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Well, I'm glad I know there's at least 1 time slot to cross off my list.

Someone 'shop this into the announcement pushing over all anime fans ever.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
wowow

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

ugly cg adaptation directed by a comedy director with no experience with cg that cuts up the story to fit a bunch of arcs in a 12 episode time slot

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

One day there will be an up and coming studio that has incredible passion for Jojo Berserk and they will slowly work themselves into the position where they can buy the rights for the anime. Then they will make a labor of love that will finally get them recognized, securing manga faithful adaptation of all the arcs. That day is nowhere near the foreseeable future.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

the new show has been especially dire but berserks art is such that even the most well intentioned of adaptations isn't gonna match up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

One day there will be an up and coming studio that has incredible passion for Jojo Berserk and they will slowly work themselves into the position where they can buy the rights for the anime. Then they will make a labor of love that will finally get them recognized, securing manga faithful adaptation of all the arcs. That day is nowhere near the foreseeable future.

I appreciate Berserk for what it is but I'd rather somebody do this for Battle Angel Alita honestly

• Locked thread