Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

I'm hoping the subway is a stage because Flipflop is a street performer, and break-dances by activating his powers really quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Countblanc posted:

oh boy i cant wait to definitely care about those shadows in the first panel

This but for real. One of them looks like a frog wearing oversized headphones.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Four sword turtle brothers, huh? Can't wait for the inevitable subway Ninja Rap rendition.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Three brothers. But yeah I thought when he first appeared that this would end up being some kind of TMNT pastiche.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Dolash posted:

Four sword turtle brothers, huh? Can't wait for the inevitable subway Ninja Rap rendition.

*sworn

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you're not very thematically coherent

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

From the next strip, "The power to not have or respect magnet powers" is still one of my favorite lines. Boss Leader is great in general, really.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

This and the following pages made me think - maybe some of the people we've seen using spirits were the Cousinhood members? Like Dimitri for example. There should be two fractions at work in Mayview.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kikas posted:

This and the following pages made me think - maybe some of the people we've seen using spirits were the Cousinhood members? Like Dimitri for example. There should be two fractions at work in Mayview.

Possibly, though it seems more likely that Dimitri was previously in the Club or something, given certain hints. Though I suppose him having been in the Club in the past doesn't rule out him being with someone else now. I dunno.

Unrelated, that link got me to start reading things from there, and I just noticed something I somehow missed on this page: Isabel mentions the dream hub. So, I guess her and Ed have met Boss Leader at some point, and other agents and such as well, among other things. That's interesting. Not sure how I missed it before.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Tuxedo Ted posted:

This but for real. One of them looks like a frog wearing oversized headphones.

the teacher appears to be Cornelius Bear

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

If the Cousinhood turns out to be a notable faction in the plot, it might be neat if one of the kids joined them or was already working for them. Maybe they could get to Johnny first? More than likely he'll actually be joining the club at some point but Zack could get some mileage out of lining up Max and Johnny's rivalry with the rivalry between the Cousinhood and Spender/the Consortium.

It's still kind of unclear what sort of organization those guys even are, but it'll be neat to see how other humans handle the whole spirit world business. Hard to believe in a world of ghost powers there'd be just one organization with a monopoly on that power.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Dolash posted:

If the Cousinhood turns out to be a notable faction in the plot, it might be neat if one of the kids joined them or was already working for them. Maybe they could get to Johnny first? More than likely he'll actually be joining the club at some point.
I dunno, considering that he's already keeping details from Isaac, I don't think Spender's gonna welcome somebody possessed by Forge with open arms. Unless Max takes his ball and goes home, and I don't think he will, he and Johnny are probably destined to be on opposite sides for a while longer.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I think Spender would "welcome" him, he'd just give him the same treatment he gives Issac more or less. But Johnny isn't Issac and probably won't take that sort of secrecy in stride.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

johnny and max are going to team up with dimitri

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

oddium posted:

johnny and max are going to team up with dimitri

i'm going to be very disappointed if this doesn't happen, now

izzy should tag along too by virtue of being the second best character

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

yeah the icky van helsing trenchcoat dudes seem slightly less the type to recruit from a middle school, i dunno

Renaissance Robot posted:

Three brothers. But yeah I thought when he first appeared that this would end up being some kind of TMNT pastiche.

flip flop counts for two

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Update. I still feel bad for FlipFlop.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
flipflop rules

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
The alt text is some good stuff. Because it references a video game I like.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Fecha posted:

The alt text is some good stuff. Because it references a video game I like.

I'm just confused because I'm not quite sure how that one is relevant to the situation at hand.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

because flipflop and koops are shy turtles

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

glitchwraith posted:

I'm hoping the subway is a stage because Flipflop is a street performer, and break-dances by activating his powers really quickly.

Called it.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
my opinion of flip flop flipped pretty quickly

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure
Update!
The plot, predictably, thickens

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
You...!

shadowy figure I've never met before!

How are you, what's up?

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Every single one of Max's faces in the face of this world is an endless source of amusement.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Dmitri, maybe? He was there when Max got the note, he knows "the secret", last we saw he was messing with Suzy but he wasn't there anymore last we saw of her. Depending on his Spectral status he might've been able to put the Doctopus on Max too. I don't think it can be PJ and Lefty since when the note gets put in Max's pocket it shows both a shadowy left and right hand carrying it and PJ can't interact with the real world.

It's none of Johnny's gang, Violet, Lisa, Cody, Jeff, Suzy or Collin.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

My guess is it's the Shockhound girl with the pink "Prefers Science Class" shirt. The silhouette especially in today's comic looks a bit chubby, and she's already been established to be at the school store bar. Also, she does know one of max's secrets.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Is that... a pink lemon slice? On his pink lemonade?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

I just got the alt text on this page http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-3-page-32

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I still want that insolent children hoodie :(

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

I still don't get it.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

GodFish posted:

I still don't get it.

krakow

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

son of a bitch

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Dad Jokes posted:

son of a bitch KURWA
Fixed.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Akett posted:

Shockhound

You mean Burnodile

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

it's pj, just like it was when they get to school and he's behind a tree, and when he yells duck

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

oddium posted:

it's pj, just like it was when they get to school and he's behind a tree, and when he yells duck

PJ can't poltergeist, he couldn't deliver a note.

Or write one.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

quote:

I'd be irresponsible to speculate, since I trust literally none of you.
Despite the high levels of anime around him, Max is really good at protagonisting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
You know, even two years (!!!!!!) later, it still bothers me how much people misinterpret what we're supposed to learn about Cody in this page.

Look, you can try to be politically correct all you want, but it's obvious to anyone with eyes that he's left-handed.