Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

anakha posted:

The Brooklyn Nets have announced that they have signed Oscar Pistorius to back up Brook Lopez.

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Not even mad. Dion Waiters having a good day counts as divine intervention.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Rick posted:

Cool B. Man, are the Celtics gonna be okay?

Yeah I think they'll be fine, they'll probably end up the third seed as expected but it won't be all that pretty getting there. Last I checked they were 28th in rebounding and six foot two Avery Bradley is still leading the team in rebounds so I think the biggest problem they have is pretty clear. I still think they're doing better than their talent dictates and Isaiah is going wild so that's enough for me to be happy for the time being

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
$10 parlay bet on all the underdogs last night would've won $1.4 million.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/hoopshype/status/823856426913243137

:unsmith:

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Smush continuing to talk about Kobe is just sad at this point. Their relationship is basically the "I don't think about you at all" scene from Mad Men.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlOSdRMSG_k

Jota fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jan 24, 2017

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Dion is a Star

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

inx posted:

Dion is a Star

Dion is a Black Hole is so many diverse and complicated ways.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Russ almost chaos dunked Gobert

almost

https://twitter.com/World_Wide_Wob/status/823734411002712064

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

It's hilarious that he's good now

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

straight up brolic posted:

It's hilarious that he's good now

Kibner was a true believer all along and will be richly rewarded in the afterlife of ball

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Cool Buff Man posted:

Yeah I think they'll be fine, they'll probably end up the third seed as expected but it won't be all that pretty getting there. Last I checked they were 28th in rebounding and six foot two Avery Bradley is still leading the team in rebounds so I think the biggest problem they have is pretty clear. I still think they're doing better than their talent dictates and Isaiah is going wild so that's enough for me to be happy for the time being

Was losing Sully a big hit on that end?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I mean, they were a really bad rebounding team last year too.

The fourth worst, in fact!

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
every time Dion Waiters does well i get a slew of SA twitter accounts saying either Congrats or Told you so.

gently caress you guys. seriously

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

PantsFreeZone posted:

every time Dion Waiters does well i get a slew of SA twitter accounts saying either Congrats or Told you so.

man, people on twitter want to troll you?

Troll you, forums use PantsFreeZone. They want to troll you? Why would they do this??

So bizarre...

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

Paul Zuvella posted:

man, people on twitter want to troll you?

Troll you, forums use PantsFreeZone. They want to troll you? Why would they do this??

So bizarre...

They want to steal his cocaine mountain.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

PantsFreeZone posted:

Please don't subpost me

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Redgrendel2001 posted:

They want to steal his cocaine mountain.

:stare: …go on

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I used to have great fun watching PFZ annoy all the south Florida sports media.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

He has a cocaine mountain and a hooker factory in his back yard.

They're how he fuels his 24/7/365 trolling jihad.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

PantsFreeZone posted:

Congrats

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Redgrendel2001 posted:

my god. the legendary el dorado exists!?

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Can I get in early on the "Pat Riley knew Dion was gonna blow up and that's why he pissed off Wade" train?

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Redgrendel2001 posted:

He also has two Very Good Dogs

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Redgrendel2001 posted:

I wanna do lines with PFZ

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Can I get in early on the "Pat Riley knew Dion was gonna blow up and that's why he pissed off Wade" train?

He is true shooting 47% this year and has amassed a whopping 0.2 WS.

I mean, he is playing better than I would have guessed but he still bad.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Lockback posted:

He is true shooting 47% this year and has amassed a whopping 0.2 WS.

I mean, he is playing better than I would have guessed but he still bad.

My boy is up to a 55.5 TS% with 2.1 WS and .085 WS/48. He's a real boy rotation player now!

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Kibner posted:

My boy is up to a 55.5 TS% with 2.1 WS and .085 WS/48. He's a real boy rotation player now!

I'd like to see that usage a bit higher for a guy who isn't contributing much on defense or creating plays for others. But Austin Rivers is legit decent with some room to grow. Go Figure!

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/basketballtalk/status/823981739328446464

My bet is on a Marcus Smart v Markief Morris brouhaha.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Jason Concepcion continues to be my favourite person at the Ringer. I've been playing this game for way too long:

https://theringer.com/tanking-the-game-5f5524ec589d#.1immo38bf

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

This is awesome.

https://twitter.com/iamjoonlee/status/823980729050796034

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

BWV posted:

Jason Concepcion continues to be my favourite person at the Ringer. I've been playing this game for way too long:

Four of my first round picks died before playing a game :(
This must be simulating the Syrian Basketball Association

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

quote:

Prior to a Monday-night victory over the Brooklyn Nets, Popovich was explaining to reporters why he was sitting several players, including star forward Kawhi Leonard.

It appears Popovich was giving Leonard the night off, knowing the Spurs could beat the lowly Nets, even without their best player.

However, when Popovich told reporters that Leonard had an injury that would heal quickly, he then corrected himself, jabbing Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway's now-infamous "alternative facts" quote.

"Kawhi [Leonard] is out with an injury that’s not really an injury, but hopefully it will heal quickly," Popovich said. "That’s a figurative statement. It sounds like some of the things that are going on politically in the world. I apologize. I just gave an alternative fact. I shouldn’t have done that. But it wasn’t a lie, so don’t try to pin that on me. I’m tired of you guys pinning that on me."

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

It really is.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Freeze!

Okay everybody go back to playing trash-level basketball!

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

kiimo posted:

Freeze!

Okay everybody go back to playing trash-level basketball!

Raps don't start until 7

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

BWV posted:

I graduated from Tank So Hard University with flying colors. Two superstars and a star by year 4!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

The Duggler posted:

Pacers don't play until Thursday.

Fixed that for you.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

The Duggler posted:

Raps don't start until 7

:wow:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

All Gortat interviews with the Polish media are golden. I can't believe I never saw this after Celtics/Wizards Round 1.

https://twitter.com/TheLittleGuy4/status/823932582274289664

• Locked thread