Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
The man shut it down, because apparently it was a 'fire hazard'

http://gawker.com/5470826%2Fcops-break-up-bushwick-trailer-park-hipster-hell

http://gawker.com/5791656%2Fhipster-hell-trailer-park-gets-shut-down-again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
I was approached in the parking lot of a Costco by an independent mortgage broker handing out business cards. This has got to be the new Avon lady thing of our generation

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Risky Bisquick posted:

I was approached in the parking lot of a Costco by an independent mortgage broker handing out business cards. This has got to be the new Avon lady thing of our generation

More like the selling speakers out of your van of the moment.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Risky Bisquick posted:

Some guys just have an eye for a mark.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
https://www.realtor.ca/Residential/Single-Family/17706444/12225-INDUSTRIAL-ROAD-Surrey-British-Columbia-V3V3S1

All this can be yours for $588,000. Easy access to a noisy highway and plenty of industry for you to walk to.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Septic access in the front yard is very classy

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

OSI bean dip posted:

https://www.realtor.ca/Residential/Single-Family/17706444/12225-INDUSTRIAL-ROAD-Surrey-British-Columbia-V3V3S1

All this can be yours for $588,000. Easy access to a noisy highway and plenty of industry for you to walk to.

Don't forget that it is waterfront property.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Or that the house itself is described as "liveable" with no pictures of the interior.
Or describing that the owner has kept it "clean" even though the pictures say otherwise.

But waterfront property! :sparkles:

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888

OSI bean dip posted:

canadian groverhaus

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

OSI bean dip posted:

If you're really lucky the new Pattullo bridge will go right over your property too. No more rainy days!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Anything facing the Fraser should really be called "Muddyfront property" instead of waterfront imo.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
WolfStreet published an article about the world's biggest debt slaves (by household debt to GDP) and i am sad to say that my beloved Australia has dropped to number 3 with 123%, while the debt amateurs in Canada managed fifth with a miserable 99.8%. Hopefully we can turn things around as we fell from 125.2% to 123% in 2016. We must defeat those crafty Danes with their fjords and those sneaky Swedes with their nice mountains and cheese with holes in it.

http://wolfstreet.com/2017/01/22/these-are-the-countries-with-the-biggest-debt-slaves-and-americans-are-only-in-10th-place/

I would blow Dane Cook fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Jan 24, 2017

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
im not clicking anything called "wolfstreet"

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

WolfStreet published an article about the world's biggest debt slaves (by household debt to GDP) and i am sad to say that my beloved Australia has dropped to number 3 with 123%, while the debt amateurs in Canada managed fifth with a miserable 99.8%. Hopefully we can turn things around as we fell from 125.2% to 123% in 2016. We must defeat those crafty Danes with their fjords and those sneaky Swedes Swiss with their nice mountains and cheese with holes in it.

So sneaky, you've mistaken them for Swedes!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

RBC posted:

im not clicking anything called "wolfstreet"

It's not furry bro i swear.

Sage Grimm posted:

So sneaky, you've mistaken them for Swedes!

drat those neutral bastards with their yodelling and their decorative cowbells.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
What would cause the Swiss and the Danes to go into so much debt?

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

DariusLikewise posted:

$20 slices of pizza in Zurich

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

DariusLikewise posted:

Cuckoo clocks

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Well the Swiss are even worse than Vancouverites as a people. I don't know about the Danes.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

And they had a lot of gold seized.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
GG Toronto for becoming such an unaffordable mess to live in that people are leaving it for Sudbury.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/gta-real-estate-cmhc-1.3949687

I gotta convince my parents and sister to sell their house and get out while the getting's good. Sudbury isn't a terrible place to live but holy hell is it ever unsustainable the way they've been going at it over the past hundred years.

Femtosecond
Aug 2, 2003

I guess that "Move Up" Prince George ad campaign isn't working that well...

quote:

Most young Vancouverites would rather leave the province than live elsewhere in B.C.

For Vancouver-area residents under 35, the only place in British Columbia in which they want to live is the Lower Mainland, and most would rather move to another province than live in another part of B.C.

According to survey conducted by Insights West for real estate adviser firm Resonance Consultancy, 87% of those asked where they would choose to live if money were no object would choose to stay in the region. Moving outside of British Columbia came in a distant second at 14%, followed by 11% who said they would like to move to the Kelowna and Thompson Okanagan region.

For young residents across the province, 68% said they would choose to live in Greater Vancouver, and 18% said their top choice was in Victoria and other parts of southern Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands. This was followed by Kelowna and Thompson Okanagan at 15%.

Seventy per cent of those surveyed across B.C. said they are likely to move in the next five years, with 76% saying they will be moving within their current regions. As well, 19% say they will likely move to Greater Vancouver, and 38% say they plan to leave the province.

“There is a tremendous challenge ahead for policy-makers and politicians to make Greater Vancouver affordable and welcoming for Millennials who clearly want to live and work in the region,” said Chris Fair, president of Resonance Consultancy, for which Insights West conducted the study.

In order to keep young talent in the province, the government must prioritize the needs of young residents, Fair said.

“Failure to do so, as their sentiment indicates, likely means losing many of them for good.”

Hmm I wonder why people are so uninterested in living elsewhere in BC...

quote:

B.C. losing jobs everywhere except Vancouver, Victoria, says report

British Columbia may be leading the country in employment but the good news doesn't extend very far outside the province's major cities, according to new research from the Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives.

"Most regions in B.C. actually have fewer jobs today than they did in 2008 when the recession hit," she said.

(I think I posted this before..?)

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.
Curious how most of the cities featured in 'Best Places to Live in the World' articles are in countries up to their eyeballs in debt.

It's almost as if debt-inflated high living standards make for a better life. And this will surely go on forever.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Did you guys ever play poker without real money? It's hilarious

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

namaste faggots posted:

Canadian Debt Bubble Megathread: Did you guys ever play poker without real money? It's hilarious

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
I'm all in!

drat!

I'm all in again!

Double drat!

drat the torpedoes - I'm all in!

Aw, crap!

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

namaste faggots posted:

Not everyone maxes out their cash advance when they go to the River Rock.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

District of West Vancouver, i.e. the most consistently expensive municipality in Canada, actually went down in population 2.1% over the last year: http://www.nsnews.com/news/west-vancouver-s-population-shrank-in-2016-1.8719731

Meanwhile, noted shitholes Langley, Surrey and Squamish grew by 3.3 per cent, 3.2 per cent and three per cent.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/real-estate/toronto/hot-toronto-housing-prices-spill-over-to-nearby-markets-cmhc/article33714204/

Hahahahahahahahaha

Yes, enjoy your 2+ hour commute into the GTA for your job. But youre now a proud homeowner in Barrie/Hamilton/Guelph so its worth it!

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
Squamish hasn't really been a shithole for about five years now. It's pretty rad, I'd live in Squamish in a heartbeat if it weren't more expensive than Vancouver. :shrug:

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Rime posted:

Squamish hasn't really been a shithole for about five years now. It's pretty rad, I'd live in Squamish in a heartbeat if it weren't more expensive than Vancouver. :shrug:

Yeah that wasn't fair, it's looking decent these days, and I'd choose it over anything east of New West. But a hell of a commute to Vancouver.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Rime posted:

Ahh gentrification. I remember getting into a street fight in junction park with a bunch of native kids on the way to a hells angels snowmobiling long weekend. Broke my throttle thumb...

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Ahh gentrification. I remember getting into a street fight in junction park with a bunch of native kids on the way to a hells angels snowmobiling long weekend. Broke my throttle thumb...

Quite. They won't even let climbers camp in cars on the Mamquam anymore, place has turned into a NIMBY hell of ex-vancouverite nouveau-riche.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Furnaceface posted:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/real-estate/toronto/hot-toronto-housing-prices-spill-over-to-nearby-markets-cmhc/article33714204/

Hahahahahahahahaha

Yes, enjoy your 2+ hour commute into the GTA for your job. But youre now a proud homeowner in Barrie/Hamilton/Guelph so its worth it!

I remember seeing traffic from the Linc spilling on to the 403 every morning while I went to Mohawk. If I had to make that commute every morning, I'd consider killing myself.

Currently, I commute into west Hamilton using country roads, so the only people I want to kill are old people who drive 70 on 80 kph highways

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

EvilJoven posted:

Sudbury isn't a terrible place to live but holy hell is it ever unsustainable the way they've been going at it over the past hundred years.
I spent summers upwind of Sudbury when I was a kid. I mostly remember the city proper as being slag heaps and dead trees. I took my wife there a few years ago, and the locals' entertainment appeared to consist of sitting around Wal-Mart parking lots and riding the escalator in the mostly empty mall. Something has gone wrong in your life if you're living in Sudbury; and I live in Edmonton.

Nice lakes, though. Also Science North is fun.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
My grandparents used to live in Sudbury and I don't remember it at all, I'm like 95% sure I've just repressed all memory of the place.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
It definitely isn't the kind of city that jumps out to entertain you, that's for sure. It's also actually way greener now than it was even when I was a kid thanks to a handful of decades of slightly better than half assed rehabilitation.

There are even fish and birds in Kelly Lake again and technically the water is clean enough to safely swim in. When I was a kid if you had a scratch on your hand and put it in the water you were liable to get an infection.

:unsmith:

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe

Furnaceface posted:

Hahahahahahahahaha

People do this like its nothing, I don't really get it. I couldn't imagine driving more than 30 minutes a day for work, your time is just way too valuable. I know people doing 1.5-2 hour commutes to make 50k in Toronto. Just crazy.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
The amount of time spent just trying to get around is the biggest reason why my wife and I abandoned the GTA 4 years ago and it's still one of the best decisions we've ever made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Most all my friends in Vancouver have 45+ min commutes each way even when they live close to the core because the buses are overcrowded trash that get stuck in traffic.
My wife works with a bunch of people who have similar commutes in Victoria because they all live north of the Malahat or Sooke.