Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

And now for more of Bioware's preferred media platform: Twitter.

quote:

Tyler Nordstrom @tyler_norstrom
wait? Plasma? I thought rounds in the me verse used mass effectvfields to hit near lightspead. No mention of plasma that i recall

Ian S. Frazier @tibermoon
Most Milky Way weapons do, yes. I built this thing with kett technology I've been researching. :)

quote:

Ben ‏normandy_sr21
Who thought of Xcom's plasma weapons?

It IS a bit like XCOM, in the sense that I built it by scavenging alien tech and researching how it works

quote:

Djostikk ‏@djostikk
how's ragdoll in Andromeda? Better than before?

Works great! My current char doesn't use it as much as an Adept would, though.

quote:

Quinn DP ‏@quinndp2
Any map destruction/deforestation thanks to fire? I'm still waiting for an RPG to take some hints from Far Cry 3's burning world.

There's some destruction, yes, but not deforestation.

quote:

Jimmy Pruitt ‏@tkvirus
Any information on the level cap?

There is no artificial level cap. :) We let you keep leveling until you've simply run out of things to put points into.

Items are limited in how much they can be upgraded until New Game+, though.

Also apparently a guy who has been pretty accurate and reputable with information and leaks says we can expect a trailer before the weekend:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=228953345&postcount=15627
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=228953915&postcount=15629

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

marshmallow creep posted:

Also apparently a guy who has been pretty accurate and reputable with information and leaks says we can expect a trailer before the weekend:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=228953345&postcount=15627
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=228953915&postcount=15629

p. sure that Shinobi guy has been right 100% of the time when it comes to details/dates

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

quote:

I think the next trailer will change a lot (not all) of negative sentiment. At least the vocal minority we've seen.

What does he think the negativity is focused on?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(Ă¢Â–Â°Ă‹Â˜vĂ‹Â˜Ă¢Â–Â°)
Trailer with a cavalcade of butts incoming

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
Will the new ship have fully modeled men and women bathrooms that never ever do anything for three games?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm mean.

Been playing through the games w/ my gf. Just finished the first one. So I imported and started #2 for her. Then turned it off when the title screen came up.

"wait, what happened?!?!"

"you'll have to wait and see."

"what happened to shep?"

"he's dead"

"how can he be dead!?! he's the main character"

"he's dead"

"but he's on the cover"

"he's in space, with no air, and getting sucked into the gravity of a planet. he's dead"

":("

hahahah

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

So Kett guns use plasma, huh?

Wonder if the Andromeda races even know about the Mass Effect or they use Mass Effect technology in a new way?

Edit:
Actually didn't the Prothean rifle shoot plasma beams?

Edit 2:

Checked the wiki; the Prothean rifle shot particle beams, whatever that means

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jan 24, 2017

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Cythereal posted:

Ironically, the art book for ME2 reveals that the Normandy 2's lighting was supposed to be the opposite. The Normandy 2 was envisioned as being dark, cramped, unpainted, and all around a thoroughly unpleasant ship to live on, sacrificing the amenities of the first Normandy for the sake of raw power.

They definitely got the raw power at the cost of safety aspect correct if you didn't install whatever the upgrade was that stops the drive core turning into a bug zapper in the final assault.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

SgtSteel91 posted:

Wonder if the Andromeda races even know about the Mass Effect or they use Mass Effect technology in a new way?

Edit:

Edit 2:

There's the Spitfire, Geth Plasma Shotgun, and Geth SMG too.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about those :doh:

Maybe that's how we'll see those weapons in Andromeda with no Geth; you research plasma weapons and can get those same models but the names will have Geth filled off

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Jan 24, 2017

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Drifter posted:

What does he think the negativity is focused on?

The most recent combat trailer? The painful face animations?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Dan Didio posted:

The only armour that looks good in Mass Effect 1 is the Phoenix set.

I too played blaster master for nes

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I'm driving around what seems like endless hills on an airless heavy metal planet in Elite Dangerous and wishing I was in the Mako from ME1 because it would handle the slopes and tumbles down craters better.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

I too played blaster master for nes

It's powerful.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
So how long do you guys think it'll be until they delay this game? And for how long? I'm guessing an extra three months, and then maybe when it's about a month away from release.

Kurieg posted:

The most recent combat trailer? The painful face animations?

Oh fuuuuuck you just reminded me of that terrible facial animation.
Goddammit.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Jan 24, 2017

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Drifter posted:

So how long do you guys think it'll be until they delay this game? And for how long? I'm guessing an extra three months, and then maybe when it's about a month away from release.

If Dishonored 2 taught me anything it's that it will launch on time and only half the people playing will be mostly issue free.

Maybe three months after release they'll get it stable & have smooth frame rates.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

DancingShade posted:

If Dishonored 2 taught me anything it's that it will launch on time and only half the people playing will be mostly issue free.

Maybe three months after release they'll get it stable & have smooth frame rates.

Oh, that's right, they have their paid beta to double check that the game's running for more customers than it's crashing for.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Drifter posted:

Oh fuuuuuck you just reminded me of that terrible facial animation.
Goddammit.

Do you have avatars turned off?
<--

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

quote:

Jessie Lam ‏@axl99
@discobabaloo so... no... open.. mp.. ?

Fernando Melo ‏@discobabaloo
@axl99 ah. No, there isn't a demo like we did for me3, sorry :/ all blood, sweat and tears going into main game :)

And lots of tweets about the last three to six months being very, very crunchy.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Working that dream industry job baby.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Orv posted:

Working that dream industry job baby.

I always wonder if people working on AAA games are paid fairly for the ridiculously harsh working hours. I think the average Salesforce/SAP drone makes tons more money than they do.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

nerdz posted:

I always wonder if people working on AAA games are paid fairly for the ridiculously harsh working hours. I think the average Salesforce/SAP drone makes tons more money than they do.

They're not. The video game industry is notoriously horrible to work in.

Orv
May 4, 2011

nerdz posted:

Fuuuuck no. The concept of overtime is practically heresy in the AAA game industry, especially when you're working twelve hour days for four months straight.

Orv
May 4, 2011
gently caress you too phone.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they should unionize

Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

marshmallow creep posted:

Also from twitter, like DAI the EA/Origin access version will come with unlimited multiplayer.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Enigmatic Cakelord posted:

Also from twitter, like DAI the EA/Origin access version will come with unlimited multiplayer.

What do you mean unlimited multiplayer?

Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

Kurieg posted:

What do you mean unlimited multiplayer?

Not restricted by the 10 hour limit that single-player will have.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's still $10 to access what previously was offered to players as a free demo in ME3, which is a pretty scummy tactic that people shouldn't support.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

nerdz posted:

They have the same benefits and job security as the guys waiting to be picked up in a hardware store parking lot every morning. And about the same pay.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

exquisite tea posted:

It's still $10 to access what previously was offered to players as a free demo in ME3, which is a pretty scummy tactic that people shouldn't support.

$5

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Was the demo of ME3 ten hours of the singleplayer and as much of the multiplayer that you wanted to play prior to launch?

I'm not defending there being no demo, but Origin Access/EA Access comes with a lot more than 'lol mass effect demo'.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

I already pre-ordered the delux edition, so don't really need this

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Veotax posted:

Was the demo of ME3 ten hours of the singleplayer and as much of the multiplayer that you wanted to play prior to launch?

I'm not defending there being no demo, but Origin Access/EA Access comes with a lot more than 'lol mass effect demo'.

It was just multi with limited maps and a limited selection of characters IIRC. Unlimited time tho.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Veotax posted:

The ME3 demo was one SP mission, which was whatever, and MP with only Ceberus as an enemy faction and two maps unlocked. It was, however, fun as hell even in its limited state and was a major part of my decision to buy ME3.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Veotax posted:

And as mentioned, if you were to pick up EA/Origin Access, you'd be paying a tiny bit less for the game than if you bought it from them directly. (In addition to the free vault games, you also get -10% off purchases on Origin. )

Buying the game directly from Origin: 60usd.
Buying the Ea Access/Origin Access: 5usd
Buying the game directly from Origin, as an Access user: 54usd.

If anything, it just seems like a way to get people to try out EA/Origin Access. They're kinda paying you 1USD to try the game out early. (And make it more likely you buy it directly from them instead of a third party vendor. )

I recently grabbed Access to play through Dead Space 1 and 2, which I get for free through the vault, so getting early access to ME is just an added bonus.

e: As far as scummy game dealings go, I feel this is a pretty benign one. Allowing people to play both SP and MP a lot, a week before launch is kind of amazing compared to how Bethesda nowadays has reviews locked down until after people start buying their nonfunctional games.

SubNat fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jan 24, 2017

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

SgtSteel91 posted:

Edit:

Edit 2:

I'm not a physicist, but: I'm pretty sure that all standard guns are plasma guns by definition, by dint of firing a tiny amount of metal at relativistic speeds. Like the "powerguns" from Drake's Hammer's Slammers.

The geth plasma shotgun actually launches toroidal inductors that shatter on impact, and the plasma is created in an instant when the electricity arcing between them ionizes the air. That's why they fire projectiles so slow that you have to lead your target at any distance.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Because I know all of you, like the fine folks on the Bioware fan forums, have been literally counting the seconds of screen time for each Ryder twin thus far*, you'll be happy to know that Tom Taylorson (Scott Ryder's VA) has confirmed the next trailer will be Sara-centric.

*Scott 4 minutes, 33 seconds; Sara 3 minutes, 20 seconds. Sara has also spoken 67 words compared to Scott's 84. :psyduck:

quote:

Winter‏ @the_Masquerade7
Ian S. Frazier‏ @tibermoon
X skips, A selects.

quote:

VOLTIAC Gaming ‏@volti4c
Will Ryder swear more in ME:A? Cus Shepard was kind of lame when it came to that department.

Yes, particularly if you use a lot of the casual (bottom left) options.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Won't be happy unless an entire mission is just that bit from The Wire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Ian S. Frazier @tibermoon posted:

Yes, particularly if you use a lot of the casual (bottom left) options.

Oh great, they made this game for all the filthy casuals.