Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
My interpretation of the previous Mr. Tweedy was that he'd mistaken the trash-can for the stew-pot, but the can liner explanation makes sense.

Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Someone called it. Like, 100%.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Tracksuit

It's All Right Chief Dharma

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I just press the sliver into the new bar when it gets too small and I start using a new one. Works for me pretty good after the first couple showers.

F Minus

Mary Worth

"Boy I feel so foolish, just like Myrna Loy in The Thin Man!"

Rex Morgan MD

I figured out what bugs me about this guy. Beatty keeps doing the "looking over the glasses" thing with him.

Secret Agent X-9

Apartment 3-G

Now how will she get the deposit back!

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

As soon as I saw this I thought it was gonna be about DeviantArt.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

Extending the 't' in that word doesn't make any sense. Saying it out loud, it sounds like she's trying to make fun of someone's lisp and taking it too far.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

If he's never heard of Casablanca, his problem is not that he is a callow youth. "I've never seen it," is way more plausible. But either way, it shouldn't be a sign of a doomed relationship so much as a sign of future movie nights to be enjoyed together.

Luann

I'm not sure how long they've been back from break, but it seems like if her keycard was missing, she'd have noticed by now, right?

The Amazing Spider-Man

It always amazes me when people in superhero universes have any hesitation whatsoever in believing that weird poo poo is going on. In our universe, it makes a lot of sense to persist in believing that this is somebody's weirdo garbage child in an incredibly lifelike raccoon costume rather than a space alien or a hosed up actual raccoon. But this is a universe with gods and talking rock dudes and wizards and molemen and Atlantis and Iron Jonah and poo poo like that. He should have pegged Rocket as Not Human the second he walked in the door with the Parkers.

Sally Forth

Your sister and your infant niece. It's not even like Ralph has done anything obnoxious to you in recent years. Jesus, LuannSal.

The Heart of Juliet Jones

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
If what'shername isn't Mary Worth's age, why is Casablanca anymore a sign of her age than Zak's? She can't have even been an infant when Bogart died!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

He never saw Casablanca? :sever:

Seriously, though, he's never heard of Casablanca? One of the most beloved and referenced movies ever made?

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.

Command Ant posted:

Extending the 't' in that word doesn't make any sense. Saying it out loud, it sounds like she's trying to make fun of someone's lisp and taking it too far.
Yeah, that's something that really annoys me in how people write. I see it less nowadays, but people would just extend the last letter and not the vowel sound. Awful.

More than that though, I hate how as of this year all the text is bold. It's somehow harder to read. The negative space in letters that define how they look has been shrunk, like the upper triangle in A is no more than a pixel.

Don't even get me started on the actual content of the strip.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Aardmania posted:

Dick Tracy

"Has this person suffered severe burns?" is a question I ask about too many Dick Ttracy character designs

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Julet Esqu posted:

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Loooow-hanging.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

sweeperbravo posted:

"Has this person suffered severe burns?" is a question I ask about too many Dick Ttracy character designs

No he's just got huge folds of loose skin all over him. He was real fat and then he got real skinny.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

He also has a neck pouch made of skin folds.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

My grandmother (who died at age 89 in 1981) did this. She would cook the slivers in a small pot on the stove, wait for it to cool, and cut it into small bars. She raised nine children through the Depression.

I have inherited the "use the gently caress out of it" method of things from her.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Mister Kingdom posted:

I have inherited the "use the gently caress out of it" method of things from her.

:respek:

My nana and pop pop had some rug for the porch that got torn and my pop pop stitched it together with wire (for stability) and it looked like a Frankenstein and my nana made him keep it downstairs because it looked so horrible BUT IT STILL HAD USE

he also had a work table that was an old counter top (like someone was remodeling their ktichen and he probably took it from the roadside) on top of, iirc, a metal canister and a stool

I do this with so much small stuff I can't even think of specific examples because i just naturally will do it

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
C'mon Iris, it's not that big a deal. This is what Netflix and chill was designed for

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

C'mon Iris, it's not that big a deal. This is what Netflix and chill was designed for
Casablanca isn't on Netflix. Clearly this current Mary Worth development is actually a subtle commentary on the woefully inadequate selection of classic catalog offerings on legal streaming services. Or a roundabout ad for Filmstruck. One of those.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Bloom County, featuring the most eloquent Heinz 57 mutt of them all.

Skippy (November 11-13, 1929; sorry, no blown-up ones tonight.)

Peanuts (January 27, 1970)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (April 7-8, 1930)

Thimble Theater (August 13, 1930)

Peanuts: Year Six (October 24-26, 1955)

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set is all about celebration.

Working Daze celebrates a ten year old buzzword.

Related: HP Offers 'That Cloud Thing Everyone Is Talking About'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ntPxdWAWq8

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix lays down some :biotruths:

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Pibgorn

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

Sadly, Brooke probably thinks he's being very feminist here.

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

Pooch Café

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Suddenly, the pool explodes!

BBBBRRRRAMBARRRRAMMMMMBBBBB

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Bear falls, sexily!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

My Lovely Horse posted:

Suddenly, the pool explodes!

BBBBRRRRAMBARRRRAMMMMMBBBBB

Let me tell you about the Yellowstone Caldera...

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Holy poo poo, this strip not only got a laugh out of me, but I actually think making a message like that is a good idea.

I'm frightened.

Kammat posted:

Sharing this Inspector Danger because this is the most WTF solution ever

I'm left handed and if I was going to use a safety pin to pin something to my chest, I'd pull out my shirt with my right hand and hold the pin in my left and poke it through my shirt - leaving the pin looking exactly like it did on the corpse.

Also, who safety pins their suicide note to themselves?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
A person who really wants it seen. I'd believe someone doing it.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Gorilla Salad posted:

I'm left handed and if I was going to use a safety pin to pin something to my chest, I'd pull out my shirt with my right hand and hold the pin in my left and poke it through my shirt - leaving the pin looking exactly like it did on the corpse.

Yes. You'll note that the victim was not left-handed.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Serves me right for not reading close enough - or spotting the pen in the second panel.

I'm just so used to any mystery where handedness is an issue to rely on someone being left handed. In fact, I think this is the first one I've ever seen where everyone was right handed.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Arlo and Janis Classic (Nov. 23, 1994)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Huh, I thought Scots were all about deep-fried whatever.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Gorilla Salad posted:

Holy poo poo, this strip not only got a laugh out of me, but I actually think making a message like that is a good idea.

I'm frightened.

I already have a google voice number attached to my regular number. It will send me a text transcribing any voice mail received.
I've out-tech'ed the 14 year old girl BOOYA

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
Pickles

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Johnny Aztec posted:

I already have a google voice number attached to my regular number. It will send me a text transcribing any voice mail received.
I've out-tech'ed the 14 year old girl BOOYA
Mine actually does the same - the problem is that as soon as anyone hears voicemail start they hang up.

Which isn't that bad a thing, now I think of it.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Gorilla Salad posted:

Mine actually does the same - the problem is that as soon as anyone hears voicemail start they hang up.

Which isn't that bad a thing, now I think of it.

I 100% do not answer strange numbers. If it's something important, they'll leave a message.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

Mike is a grown man that must be reminded to brush his teeth. Sever the relationship, Skip. It's not worth it.

On an unrelated note, could someone help with the timeline of Funky Winkerbean and Crankshaft? They take place in the same universe but Crankshaft takes place today while FW takes place ten years from now? Do I have that right? Or does Crankshaft take place ten years ago while FW takes place today? It's just all so stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

Evil Mastermind posted:

He never saw Casablanca? :sever:

Seriously, though, he's never heard of Casablanca? One of the most beloved and referenced movies ever made?

Hey, he's a busy student, and probably just hasn't had time to scroll up that cinema.

As for the Intellegent Life 'Lot-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-ts'

Maybe baldy guy's mum works in a pharmacy selling fishy aftershaves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7gE_DepZM0

• Locked thread