Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Any word on when the patch is going live?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

mcvey posted:

Any word on when the patch is going live?

Probably around 1 or 2 est

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Beautiful

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
that dva skin :swoon:

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

I said come in! posted:

Looking forward to getting home from work today and just playing nothing but Overwatch.
Ah man. I'm looking forward to putting my kid to bed early and then staying up till 3am playing Overwatch.

That D.Va skin looks even better than I thought. Also love the Junk/Tracer skins.

video mirror:
http://streamable.com/wqvum

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Donnerberg posted:

Remember when they added CTF to the original Planetside?

Three factions, hundreds of guys, a few tanks and jets, 1 flag carrier on foot.

That was probably the worst CTF has ever been.

I have to beg to differ; LLU runs were some of the most intense encounters in Planetside. Going full Dukes of Hazzard in a Harasser or Thresher with enemy air squadrons hunting you was the poo poo.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Oh, I forgot the carrier could get into transports. I take back what I said then. It could have been worse. All I remembered was the LLU ball sitting on top of a corpse with a bunch of people around it.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Theta Zero posted:

That's weird, I thought CTF was the worst mode in Team Fortress 2 only behind arena.

How could you forgot about Hydro, the game mode that has only one map for it.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

The ctf looks like you have to bring the flag into the enemy spawn, which is interesting. Maybe with a neutral flag? Like some kind of crazy football mode.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

The ctf looks like you have to bring the flag into the enemy spawn, which is interesting. Maybe with a neutral flag? Like some kind of crazy football mode.

That sounds like Halo's Assault mode.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Heaven Spacey posted:

Looks like Hanamura.

I don't recall any part of Hanamura with big red pillars in front of a patterned screen like that.

It's not a very complex environment so it might have been whipped up just for the trailer, but that would be unusual.

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

This make sense, since they're repurposing KOTH maps for it. A mode with two team flags that have to be run base-to-base would call for a different kind of layout, I think.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

At least the CTF isn't going to be Tracer only and i'll actually maybe have fun in it

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
If sombra goes invis with flag it'll be teams of winston, sombra, tracer, and 3 fill every round of that

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Kashuno posted:

If sombra goes invis with flag it'll be teams of winston, sombra, tracer, and 3 fill every round of that

On that note, how did TF2 handle the Spy going invisible with the flag?

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

At least in the trailer, it looks like there are two flags, one for each team.

Also, Winston ults and jumps while carrying the flag. Could be a promo bullshot, but it seems like movement abilities are not outright suppressed while being the flagrunner.

Three weeks - sweet. Should be enough time to get every skin, emote and highlight intro via loot boxes or coins.

What's with the dragon costume though? Tracer highlight intro asset?

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jan 24, 2017

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Rirse posted:

It dropped

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

mcbexx posted:

At least in the trailer, it looks like there are two flags, one for each team.

Also, Winston ults and jumps while carrying the flag. Could be a promo bullshot, but it seems like movement abilities are not outright suppressed while being the flagrunner.

Three weeks - sweet. Should be enough time to get every skin, emote and highlight intro via loot boxes or coins.

Think it a new Tracer highlight intro.

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

mcbexx posted:

Possibly a legendary emote like Zarya's presents, but it's probably a highlight intro.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Rirse posted:

You couldn't. It would drop.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Theta Zero posted:

That's weird, I thought CTF was the worst mode in Team Fortress 2 only behind arena.

He's probably referring to an actual Team Fortress game, with conc grenades. Instead of some casual baby poo poo :colbert:

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Want those new Mercy and Sym skins.

Also that Spanish language trailer was cool in that it's impressive they found voice actors whose voices sound remarkably similar to the 'canonical' English voice actors.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Is there a gallery of the new skins anywhere?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
The only good CTF game I have ever played is Tribes.

It's also perfect in every way so maybe theres a connection for what it takes to make CTF good?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I liked Unreal Tournaments CTF.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
Daaaaamn those new skins are baller!

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
there are some good quake ctf maps, mostly because they are really fast and fairly small

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Lmao Junkrat's voice line. So cultured :allears:

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

mei's skins are both cool and I like zen's and mercy's a lot as well

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Customary 20 bucks in boxes gave me the loving roadhog skin (I swear its always the first one to show up in these events for me) and Mei's Chang-e aside from a bunch of other purples and enough currency to get D.vas skin if I want it.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Yo this Ana skin is loving terrifying

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

Bolow posted:

Yo this Ana skin is loving terrifying
Word.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

My spear never misses its mark...

ladies
Nope, CTF is awful.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

IronicDongz posted:

there are some good quake ctf maps, mostly because they are really fast and fairly small

Maaaan, Quake CTF. With grappling hooks. That was so much fun back then.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Overwatch CTF is real loving bad and you either snowball the poo poo out of the enemy team or get snowballed. The instant you lose the first flag you are completely hosed

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
As a reminder, all the ptr changes went live with this patch too

Most importantly, RIP teabags 2016-2017 :cry:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20752795395

Raioner
Mar 28, 2006

Bolow posted:

Overwatch CTF is real loving bad and you either snowball the poo poo out of the enemy team or get snowballed. The instant you lose the first flag you are completely hosed

Yup, just have a DVA stand on point and have you whole team push them. Any damage you take while trying to cap the flag just resets the pickup counter.

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Patch Notes posted:

Crouch now has a very small cooldown between uses
:negative:

Exactly how long is the cooldown?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Late reply on the TF2 comp conversation, but a pretty big reason that team comp was settled on so fast was because 5 CP maps were the maps being played the most often, meaning high damage, high mobility characters were the most useful picks in almost any situation on those maps.

In other game modes there is a bit more variation in what classes teams will pick based on whether they are attacking or defending. I think having some more game modes that aren't either koth or attack/defend might go a long way towards having people more willing to break out other characters over the usual picks. For instance, a game mode that requires more mobility would limit Reinhardt's near universal usefulness I think.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
lol ctf in this game is trash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Game found.
Joining game.

Error starting game, trying again.