Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

FizFashizzle posted:

Crescent ave blows.

If you just wanna get loaded go to like vortex on peachtree. Closest thing in that part of town to a pure bar.

But east atlanta village is an easy uber away and you won't be drinking with engineering majors.

Alright cool, I'm down with ubering around but sometimes it's nice to just be able to walk back to your place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Chichevache posted:

:lol: I'm so sorry, man. That's terrible.

Holy poo poo. Yeah, dude she sounds bipolar.

You dodged a bullet.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
What's my strategy and tactics in Civ 5? Well for the first thousand or so years I just built up a powerful economy, grab all the resources both industrial and luxury, and establish powerful alliances and trading routes. Once the aircraft carrier is researched I built a powerful flotilla and slowly steam around from port city to port city waging war.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kalli posted:

Like a minute, I hated checking reports. The mod threads were a nice place to relax, but reading reports just involved me sighing every single time.

Except for that one that got goldmined because the dude who played a billion hours of Wow got called out in pet island for neglecting then getting rid of his dogs. That one was hilarious.

What about the guy who got banned from his guild because he was raiding in the waiting room while his wife was giving birth?

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

FizFashizzle posted:

Lol not going Pangea so you don't have to worry about it.

Then rush Stonehenge, start making GBS threads out faith, go straight to theocracy, then build an unstoppable army.

getting a sick loving navy owns

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

What about the guy who got banned from his guild because he was raiding in the waiting room while his wife was giving birth?

Was that the same guy? I think that might've been the same guy.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Play Alpha Centauri, you will be a better person for it.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Alright cool, I'm down with ubering around but sometimes it's nice to just be able to walk back to your place.

Yeah that's not a great part of town for what you want.

But if you want tapas and organic tequila shooters well you're in luck.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
My standard Civ strategy is to build every single wonder before anyone else drat the practicalities.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

FizFashizzle posted:

Yeah that's not a great part of town for what you want.

But if you want tapas and organic tequila shooters well you're in luck.

Oh gently caress that.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

FizFashizzle posted:

Lol not going Pangea so you don't have to worry about it.

Then rush Stonehenge, start making GBS threads out faith, go straight to theocracy, then build an unstoppable army.

So is Civ 6 worth it? I just bought 5 on a crazy rear end steam sale.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Shangri-Law School posted:

Play Alpha Centauri, you will be a better person for it.

this was the best civ game of all time and it's a goddamned shame the IP is trapped at EA and their attempt to remake it was a lovely generic space civilization

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Sour Diesel posted:

getting a sick loving navy owns

:captainpop: is how all my AI enemies are looking after I sail up to them with my ships

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
That's also weird to me because the bud we're going down to see if the most former Bama frat dude possible so I can't believe he lives right in the middle of hip town USA

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Chichevache posted:

General consensus is wait for the expansion. And probably the 2nd one too.

That's usually how the series goes.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I play Civ to rush towards the nearest person and kill him, thus ruining it for both of us

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Or post in it but don't be a whiny baby about it.

Either or

Why did you name yourself after a historical figure so much cooler than you.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Chichevache posted:

Yeah it's p good.

Needs a good patch to fix the blatantly obvious problems that they're clearly waiting on the community to fix for them for free, but it's worth it.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

SHOAH NUFF posted:

What's my strategy and tactics in Civ 5? Well for the first thousand or so years I just built up a powerful economy, grab all the resources both industrial and luxury, and establish powerful alliances and trading routes. Once the aircraft carrier is researched I built a powerful flotilla and slowly steam around from port city to port city waging war.

civ 5 is stupidly easy once you realize the AI just plain doesn't get ranged units, how to fight them, and how not to repeatedly walk its entire army into a death cauldron

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
I'm gonna buy the new Xcom soon

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Also you have to take out Gandhi and Alexander (might have been Caesar or Fredrick the Great, but one of those guys) immediately because those guys are pretty belligerent and don't take no for an answer. It's vital for me to play peacefully for the first few hundred years and they make it impossible

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Detroit_Dogg posted:

That's also weird to me because the bud we're going down to see if the most former Bama frat dude possible so I can't believe he lives right in the middle of hip town USA

Oh then yeah you're probably heading for Sandals or cypress street pint and plate.

Goondolences.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

My standard Civ strategy is to build every single wonder before anyone else drat the practicalities.

:hfive:

The one true strategy.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Yeah if you hadn't mentioned Midtown specifically I would've said East Atlanta Village (I liked enough to buy a house there) or Virginia Highlands.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Also dogg don't let this jabroni take you to cheetah

Go to either pink pony for the best strippers in town, clairmot lounge to say you saw Goldie, or like strokers or something.

Do not go to cheetah

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

What is it with strategy games and it being wise to wait for the first expansion/major patch before buying it? It's the law for Civ, Paradox, Total War, etc.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

FizFashizzle posted:

Go to either pink pony for the best strippers in town, clairmot lounge to say you saw Goldie, or like strokers or something.

Do not go to cheetah

Seconded. Clairmont is just.... An experience, man. Pretty low key too and a lot of famous people show up there

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Chichevache posted:

:lol: I'm so sorry, man. That's terrible.

It made me realize why people stay in relationships when the other is abusive (either mentally or physically). If you imagine a relationship like a staircase, and you're at the top, each time your S/O does something crazy, you go down a step and that becomes the new normal. By the end, you're at the bottom, and you can't remember what the top was like, since you've accepted your reality for what it is.

A Man and his dog posted:

Holy poo poo. Yeah, dude she sounds bipolar.

You dodged a bullet.

Clinical depression, actually! She took meds and got back to being normal, then immediately went cold turkey, which caused a relapse that was even worse.

e: didn't mean to turn this into my personal e/n. I'll post about BBQ / strategy games or whatever from here on out.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What is it with strategy games and it being wise to wait for the first expansion/major patch before buying it? It's the law for Civ, Paradox, Total War, etc.

Once it was made clear that they can outsource the tuning of the game engine to modders that became the norm. Also, programming a complex AI is hard.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

You need to let the nutters bang on it for thousands of hours to figure out the balance changes you actually need to make.

Also I buy so many of those strategy games and play them for a few hours and wistfully wish they had come out when I was in high school/college.

Like I only enjoy playing civilization on marathon speed which means I get to the medieval age like twice before petering out because that takes 10 hours.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The Big Jesus posted:

Seconded. Clairmont is just.... An experience, man. Pretty low key too and a lot of famous people show up there

I love poo poo hole bars but man I couldn't do clairmont again.

Dogg would probably like Estoria. That entire place is covered in blow.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I actually liked Vic V more before the expansion, but I don't want to spend that much for VI yet so I'm using the expansion excuse.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Once it was made clear that they can outsource the tuning of the game engine to modders that became the norm. Also, programming a complex AI is hard.

I blame Bethesda for that poo poo.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Probably Magic posted:

I actually liked Vic V more before the expansion, but I don't want to spend that much for VI yet so I'm using the expansion excuse.

Awwww lil baby can't handle trade routes.

Also Trajan is broken as hell in civ 6

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Kalli posted:

You need to let the nutters bang on it for thousands of hours to figure out the balance changes you actually need to make.

Remember when public BETAs were more than just some 3 day publicity event? Now they are just long enough for people to have fun but short enough that no one discovers the huge flaws.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

Do not go to cheetah

I think Cheetah is like right next to his condo or maybe in the same building, I think that's why it's appealing to him.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Remember when public BETAs were more than just some 3 day publicity event?

I mostly remember buying weird pre-gold versions of games that came on shittily printed Cd's that called the game Doggerfall or HOMAM II that I had no way to patch and had 50/50 odds of containing ridiculous viruses.

Without that I probably would've never become a programmer though. I spent so much time trying to get these absolutely nonsense programs running, fixing .ini and batch files and reformatting my system after I'd bring it to an unusable state.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

Awwww lil baby can't handle trade routes.

Also Trajan is broken as hell in civ 6

I think I lived the civics tree more or something. It's been awhile.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Also I googled Estoria and like the 4th hit is one about a coke bust there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

seiferguy posted:

It made me realize why people stay in relationships when the other is abusive (either mentally or physically). If you imagine a relationship like a staircase, and you're at the top, each time your S/O does something crazy, you go down a step and that becomes the new normal. By the end, you're at the bottom, and you can't remember what the top was like, since you've accepted your reality for what it is.
This is probably the best metaphor for a relationship I have read.

• Locked thread