Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

joey mac gets me hot with those short shorts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

How did you get a video of my stress dreams?

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I'm late to the party on the no prisoners 2016 video, but wtf is up with the ones where people seemingly drop the bike out of nowhere? At ~29:27 in, it looks like he hits the tree's shadow as he's going straight and just dumps it? He was slowing down, but it didn't seem like it was fast enough to lose the front tire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHUmevSHFJk

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Well at 29:27 specifically he hits some kind of small animal. Look closely as he crosses into the shadow.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

That makes sense, I couldn't see it until I got to full screen mode on my chromebook. I'm not sure if that's more or less comforting than some of the other "out of nowhere" ones.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

The truly "out of nowhere" crashes are usually going to be from some kind of crap on the road. You can lose traction really suddenly even at very slight angles of lean if you have bad luck and hit a patch of sand, wet leaves, spilled oil, whatever. I lowsided once in a turn hitting a piece of flat black plastic lying in the road, a playing-card-sized piece of a car's bumper or something -- it was just a totally normal easy turn and then suddenly WHAM on the ground. All you can do is keep your eyes open and notice those things in time.

High Protein
Jul 12, 2009
I realized I forgot to post some pics from when I went to Morocco in October. My (rented) bike was a total POS, at one point the engine seized, we got it going again by putting new oil in but after that I had to ride at the rear because of the fumes. Also the tires were inadequate when it got muddy, at least that what I blame my 180 slip&slide on.

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm
I would like to know more. :swoon:

High Protein
Jul 12, 2009

Keket posted:

I would like to know more. :swoon:

Sure. It was an organized trip, there's various agencies where you can book tours all over the world. There's hotels and they transport your luggage to the next one + there's a mechanic. So you get to concentrate on riding :) It was great fun but also a bit disappointing. In a lot of these countries they're paving a lot of previously dirt roads, ran into that in Cambodia as well. So there was less off road than I would have liked; to get to your next destination you're stuck with the now asphalt. Also, one day it kept raining all day which meant it was extremely cold and muddy while we had to ride some unpaved mountain pass. Very foggy plus the bikes had no power due to the height. Had to wait for rivers' water levels to lower so we could cross, etc. Fun in retrospect though. But drat was that cold in a bunch of soaked gear.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

High Protein posted:

I realized I forgot to post some pics from when I went to Morocco in October. My (rented) bike was a total POS, at one point the engine seized, we got it going again by putting new oil in but after that I had to ride at the rear because of the fumes. Also the tires were inadequate when it got muddy, at least that what I blame my 180 slip&slide on.

Is that in by Merzouga? Hnasty and a few old time #bieks goons came to Morocco with me a couple of years ago and we rented a similar calibre of bike, we stayed around the Atlantic coast.
I'd like to go ride sand dunes next time i'm down there.

High Protein
Jul 12, 2009

echomadman posted:

Is that in by Merzouga? Hnasty and a few old time #bieks goons came to Morocco with me a couple of years ago and we rented a similar calibre of bike, we stayed around the Atlantic coast.
I'd like to go ride sand dunes next time i'm down there.

The route was basically Marrakech -> Zagora -> Todhra, with some stops inbetween. I don't remember where the dune was, but it was a single huge Dune in the middle of an otherwise desolate desert.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

High Protein posted:

Sure. It was an organized trip, there's various agencies where you can book tours all over the world.

Is there an agency you recommend? This sounds amazing.

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

I really want to do one of those bike tours. Sounds like a great time.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
If any of you make it to Puerto Vallarta in Mexico, I cannot recommend the Bike Mexico tours enough. The 5 day tour I did last year was incredible, and I really wish I'd done the off road tour. Jurgen is a really cool dude, too.

https://www.bike-mexico.com/home/motorcycle-tours/

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Coydog posted:

If any of you make it to Puerto Vallarta in Mexico, I cannot recommend the Bike Mexico tours enough. The 5 day tour I did last year was incredible, and I really wish I'd done the off road tour. Jurgen is a really cool dude, too.

https://www.bike-mexico.com/home/motorcycle-tours/

+1 more.
I tried to get the wifey to do it on the honeymoon and unfortunately she refused.

http://i.imgur.com/lACGcla.mp4

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
nothing like physics for teaching a lesson

High Protein
Jul 12, 2009

belt posted:

Is there an agency you recommend? This sounds amazing.

I used http://www.motortrails.nl (as I live in the Netherlands).

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

+1 more.
I tried to get the wifey to do it on the honeymoon and unfortunately she refused.

:sever:

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

I made a gif for the Fantasy SX thread, but I'm also crossposting it here because of its greatness.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes:
http://i.imgur.com/gHoOUOs.gifv

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
what's the story behind it? seems extra lovely to go after a guy when he's got a passenger on the back

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Jazzzzz posted:

what's the story behind it? seems extra lovely to go after a guy when he's got a passenger on the back

He did this last Saturday:

http://i.imgur.com/ObvQKpm.gifv

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Extra stupid cause that was clearly a racing incident and not malice

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

nsaP posted:

Extra stupid cause that was clearly a racing incident and not malice

On the one hand, it was Friese so... But on the other hand, it was Anderson so...

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

https://zippy.gfycat.com/BreakableMediocreCricket.webm

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

He meant to do that.

Chris Birch is a good dad.
https://www.facebook.com/ChrisBirchNZ/photos/a.285239761552297.74329.282208178522122/1226857480723849/?type=3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0p1aTlSrC8

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
The postage from mailing all those bikes over ridges must have cost a fortune. :downsrim:

Video was fantastic, and makes me both really want to do enduro, and really NOT want to do enduro.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

:barf:

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2017/01/21/apache-customs-x-energica-midnight-runner/

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷
The missing front fender, home depot floodlights, and single-can-of-spraypaint highlights look like a prototype build but the article only discusses aesthetics with zero mention of performance. With a little work it could look great, especially from the side.

GI Joe jobs fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Jan 27, 2017

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

So now we've graduated to 1980's bullshit nostalgia.

Faired bikes will be the next custom bike trend, kicking 70's bullshit hipsterbikes off the radar, and drag on until 90's people get to middle age.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
My fuckin' washer has more aerodynamics than that thing. Jesus.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Custom bikes are merging with high end fashion. That bike is the equivalent of this:

Energica is the bike maker that has put together, as far as I can tell, the best production electric powertrain so far. Unfortunately, instead of going for a practical allround layout like Zero, they went for:

I just want a good electric bike. :sigh:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

cursedshitbox posted:

My fuckin' washer has more aerodynamics than that thing. Jesus.

How much do aerodynamics matter when a 200 pound ape sits on top of it?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I mean, for an ape, that's kind of small. Gorillas at least.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Ola posted:

Custom bikes are merging with high end fashion. That bike is the equivalent of this:

No, that actually looks cool.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ola posted:

Energica is the bike maker that has put together, as far as I can tell, the best production electric powertrain so far. Unfortunately, instead of going for a practical allround layout like Zero, they went for:

I just want a good electric bike. :sigh:

A henley/t-shirt and jeans must have a different reputation in scandanavialand, because that makes me think of a naked standard, not this:

edit: maybe you were thinking more like this, with tapout shirts and bedazzled jeans.

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jan 27, 2017

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Slim Pickens posted:

A henley/t-shirt and jeans must have a different reputation in scandanavialand, because that makes me think of a naked standard, not this:

edit: maybe you were thinking more like this, with tapout shirts and bedazzled jeans.

Yeah that dude in the jeans and grey shirt is basically this

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I mean, for an ape, that's kind of small. Gorillas at least.

It would be huge for a chimp, which is also an ape. It would be small for a Harley Rider though, which is also an ape.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

I see my fashion game is a few leagues down. I just googled "weird catwalk" and "jeans ad". He is wearing fairly plain clothes I guess, but he's a weird model in a weird jeans ad. "Uuh I'm so pained and fancy and full of fashion". That's what the bike looks like to me.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I got to ride a a cool bike the other day so I took pictures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Slavvy posted:

I got to ride a a cool bike the other day so I took pictures.

I liked you before this slavvy but posting a 996 monoposto??? :swoon: