Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
qntm
Jun 17, 2009

purple death ray posted:

So how bout that Lego Batman Movie yall. Is anyone else as completely charmed by the whole aesthetic and character designs as I am? I feel like this is the Batman world I've been missing since B:TAS went off the air.

I really want to spend way too much money on batman lego sets now

The aesthetic of both Lego movies has been great, but honestly the most important thing to me is that every one of the five trailers I've seen has made me laugh out loud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

purple death ray posted:

I really want to spend way too much money on batman lego sets now

I got the Joker lowrider (it has loving hydraulics!) and I've never been happier with a frivolous purchase. The Harley that comes with it has potentially my favorite costume design for her, she's even got little rollerskates.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I bought some of the minifig blind bags, and got bunny and electric woman, and Batman in the pool.

And what i meant is that all those people who are always "The only good Batman stories are the ones where he's against the Joker" "The best thing about Batman is the Joker" etc. The trailer literally has Batman rebuffing the Joker as his greatest nemesis.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

twistedmentat posted:

And what i meant is that all those people who are always "The only good Batman stories are the ones where he's against the Joker" "The best thing about Batman is the Joker" etc. The trailer literally has Batman rebuffing the Joker as his greatest nemesis.

Do you suppose Joker would've been back in TDKR if Ledger hadn't died or was Bane/Talia with no Joker at all always the plan?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

If people were paying attention to King's Batman run then they woukd realize that Kite Man is Batman's greatest nemesis.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wheat Loaf posted:

Do you suppose Joker would've been back in TDKR if Ledger hadn't died or was Bane/Talia with no Joker at all always the plan?

The rumor I've heard which sounds pretty believable is that the Joker would have been back as the dude judging people instead of the Scarecrow

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Roth posted:

If people were paying attention to King's Batman run then they woukd realize that Kite Man is Batman's greatest nemesis.

Hell yes

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

ImpAtom posted:

The rumor I've heard which sounds pretty believable is that the Joker would have been back as the dude judging people instead of the Scarecrow

A very un-Jokerish scene.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

site posted:

Was it the super racist one

Nope, it's the one where the pilot and captain turn into lizards because they flew too fast and then the lizards hosed and had babies before the doctor turned the pilot and captain back into humans.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

WickedHate posted:

A very un-Jokerish scene.

Yes, the NolanverseJoker would never be part of a scene focused around showing the hypocrisy of the social order with a side effect of ironic cruel murder.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Nope, it's the one where the pilot and captain turn into lizards because they flew too fast and then the lizards hosed and had babies before the doctor turned the pilot and captain back into humans.

Oh, Threshold. I thought that post meant Spock's Brain got an Emmy.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

ImpAtom posted:

Yes, the NolanverseJoker would never be part of a scene focused around showing the hypocrisy of the social order with a side effect of ironic cruel murder.

I don't think the Joker, but especially Nolan's Joker, would willingly allow himself to be a toadie doing such minor errand work, especially since the whole parody of the social order was a lie anyway. The Scarecrow is the kind of oppurtunistic bootlicker who'd throw himself at the chance to be vaguely Big and Important in whatever he thought Bane was building in Gotham. The Joker, as much as I generally dislike him, is not, and shouldn't have been used for that role.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Okay but did you consider the very likely fact that they rewrote it a bit for Scarecrow?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

It wouldn't be hard to make it clear that Joker is doing it independently of Bane, who doesn't give a poo poo what the Joker does so long as it doesn't endanger his plans.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Aphrodite posted:

Okay but did you consider the very likely fact that they rewrote it a bit for Scarecrow?

Yeah, maybe. I'm just saying as filmed it wasn't very Joker like.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I really doubt the Joker would have been just a cameo, especially if Heath had lived and won the Oscar. Not often nowadays that I think including more of the Joker would make for a good idea, but that would have made the movie a lot better if he was a third party loving with both Batman and Bane.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I'm not sure if it would've worked or not - Scarecrow wasn't the main villain of Begins, Liam Neeson was, so Scarecrow can come back as a supporting bad guy, but Joker was the main antagonist of the second movie so it would be weird for him to have maybe one big scene where he's a supporting character in the last one. :shrug:

Remember when TDRK (or something like it) was rumoured to be about the Riddler helping Gordon to track down Batman?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Codependent Poster posted:

I really doubt the Joker would have been just a cameo, especially if Heath had lived and won the Oscar. Not often nowadays that I think including more of the Joker would make for a good idea, but that would have made the movie a lot better if he was a third party loving with both Batman and Bane.

I'm seeing a kind of Hannibal Lecter in Silence of the Lambs kinda thing.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Wheat Loaf posted:

I'm not sure if it would've worked or not - Scarecrow wasn't the main villain of Begins, Liam Neeson was, so Scarecrow can come back as a supporting bad guy, but Joker was the main antagonist of the second movie so it would be weird for him to have maybe one big scene where he's a supporting character in the last one. :shrug:

Remember when TDRK (or something like it) was rumoured to be about the Riddler helping Gordon to track down Batman?

I feel like the Riddler being all about order and logic would have been a way more interesting follow up to the Joker than Bane being the vanguard of the false revolution.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Joker being the judge would have worked great. Being dragged infront of mister agent of chaos for judgement would have more menace than Scarecrow.

I'm kind of nervous about Lego Batman, because my future will be decided the week before when my girlfriend goes to court to see if she can move back here with her son. The kid is three, and loves Batman. I don't think I'll be able to watch the movie if it doesn't work out.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So according to a recent interview with Scott Derrickson, none of Dan Harmon's jokes actually made it into Doctor Strange because they were too "Dan Harmon-y." Although he does say having Harmon look at the film helped because he gave them some new perspective on things.

Something else I learned from the interview is that I didn't realize that Cumberbatch also played Dormammu.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Instead of Police Officer Robin, Batman would have teamed up with Joker to stop Bane, and we learn Joker's true backstory: When he was a boy in the circus, an accident killed his parents and left him horribly scarred.

Batman then fakes his death and leave Gotham in Joker's hands as the new Batman.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Roth posted:

I feel like the Riddler being all about order and logic would have been a way more interesting follow up to the Joker than Bane being the vanguard of the false revolution.

Counterpoint: Riddler is a dweeb villain.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

That didn't stop them from making a movie about the Joker.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

That didn't stop them from using Bane.

Edit - Don't steal my comebacks nine minutes before I use them.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
That didn't stop them from making a movie about batman

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Let's just end it now by saying that it hasn't stoooed them from making a movie about any comic book superhero, because they and any related characters are all dweebs.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Roth posted:

Let's just end it now by saying that it hasn't stoooed them from making a movie about any comic book superhero, because they and any related characters are all dweebs.

Are you saying Shaq's Steel was a dweeb? Shaq, Roth! Come on!

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Basketball is the second-dweebiest sport possible

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
What? Basketball? I thought Shaq was a kung fu master.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Shaq cannot hope to defeat the chaos dunk

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

WickedHate posted:

What? Basketball? I thought Shaq was a kung fu master.

Shaq is everything. Shaq is nothing. Shaq is Alpha and Omega.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Yea this is what I would have seen as well, Jokers gang, which probably now includes Harley plays a spoiler, with the climax of the movie having them steal the Bomb from Bane and Batman both having to track it down.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Chaos Hippy posted:

Shaq is everything. Shaq is nothing. Shaq is Alpha and Omega.

That's Charles Barkley you idjit.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Lurdiak posted:

That's Charles Barkley you idjit.

I thought Charles Barkley was Anti-Life.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Chaos Hippy posted:

I thought Charles Barkley was Anti-Life.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Another tv spot for Lego Batman, mostly posting it because it's hilarious and I didn't catch which Robin this would be before this spot.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
haha holy poo poo this is Filmation he-man level bad animation

https://mobile.twitter.com/IGN/status/824324401512361984

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Is that poo poo still on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Race Realists posted:

haha holy poo poo this is Filmation he-man level bad animation

https://mobile.twitter.com/IGN/status/824324401512361984

Why is Kamala going to throw up when Ultron appears? Marvel's attempts at animation since EMH are just embarassing. I'm sure the new Spider-Man series will be even shittier.

• Locked thread