Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

So if you're stuck in a lovely stalemate in CTF go Winston and get your ult up. Hide near the flag until the torb gets bored and fucks off, jump on flag drop bubble. Ult your way home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

ctf is super lame.

what is the new reinhardt skin's weapon?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Got my free box later CTF

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
First CTF session was surprising well. Symmetra is actually good at taking the flag I discovered, as I was playing her and would lay turrets behind me so people would get slowed down by them while using her shield to protect myself.

Shame the loot crates I got so far from the event been blue and white crap. Hope it not like the Christmas event where I was extremely unlucky with drops.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I earned two loot boxes yesterday because I got excited about Arcade resetting for the week, I am dumb as heck.

homeless
Jan 2, 2005
not so much
Team Fortress 1.5 had some rad CTF. Conc jumps as the scout/medic were fun.

Haven't been home yet to try Overwatch CTF, but sounds like this isn't going so well. Thought it might work well with the movement abilities.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

My spear never misses its mark...

ladies

homeless posted:

Haven't been home yet to try Overwatch CTF, but sounds like this isn't going so well. Thought it might work well with the movement abilities.
Except that it basically means that you cannot recover the flag at all if someone with movement abilities gets it. Tracer getting the flag gets it home in her three jumps.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

frajaq posted:

Got my free box later CTF

I have a free box for 3v3 elim and CTF and I'm not sure if it's worth getting either of them given how unfun both modes are.

e: it's over, time to poo poo out the rest of my games on brawls and no limits!

Teratrain fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jan 24, 2017

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Kaplan did not hide much in his dev update about CTF. His summary of CTF was basically "welp, you asked for it", and now the unwashed masses will realize why CTF in Overwatch is actually a terrible idea

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
and y'all thought snowbrawl was bad.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I like to think most people knew ctf would be bad going in

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Are there any hero restrictions in CTF?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

fadam posted:

Are there any hero restrictions in CTF?

Think it just has same Quick Play restriction.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

I am tired of the relentless pandering to the Chinese.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

novaSphere posted:

Kaplan did not hide much in his dev update about CTF. His summary of CTF was basically "welp, you asked for it", and now the unwashed masses will realize why CTF in Overwatch is actually a terrible idea

somehow i don't think "well, we put zero effort into making this work, just like every other brawl" is an especially accurate representation of how well it works, for better or worse

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

I quite like playing capture the flag. I don't have a lot of experience with it in FPS games like this, but I enjoy defending, and sneaking and stuff so it's been a lot of fun.

... Except for the fact that no one ever wins. I've seen one flag get successfully captured so far. Fortunately it was my team so I got the win, but draw after draw since then is... kind of awkward.

Like, I love playing the map, but it always ends with a "well that happened" that even a defeat wouldn't make me feel.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

CapnAndy posted:

I earned two loot boxes yesterday because I got excited about Arcade resetting for the week, I am dumb as heck.
I got two wins and then stopped, I am a genius :smugdog:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

strong bird posted:

I am tired of the relentless pandering to the Chinese.

They should also have a Nepali/Indian Holi celebration in March

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Yeah CTF so far been one win where my team got all three points and another match where it was a draw since defense was too tight. Which shows the same issue that TF2's CTF has is still here. When they have a tjouborn/engie it just hard to sneak in with a Tracer/Scout and get the flag, but nobody ever wants to do a big push so it ends in draws.

Still, having more fun with it then Mystery Hero which tends to end up with other team getting a great group and your team getting nothing but snipers. Or No Limit which sucks if you are on attack since the other team is all Symmetra.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

mcbexx posted:

Game found.
Joining game.

Error starting game, trying again.
Yup. I eventually got into a game and had nearly 1000 ping. I quit and decided to try again tomorrow, hopefully the servers have sorted themselves out a bit.

Malachite
Mar 2, 2004
Every CTF match for me so far has either been a draw or a complete stomp where one team rushes the flag with all 6 instead of defending and gets the flag back before the other team even respawns.

It'd be a lot more fun if people were more willing to attack instead of hoping 1 or 2 guys will carry the team while they sit at the flag.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
Is the triple tank meta dead?

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

BillBear posted:

Zarya is replacing D.va.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I played CTF twice, won once, and got a kabuki monkey. :toot:

Pretty lovely game mode though.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

BillBear posted:

Nope, go back down the groundhog hole and wait for spring.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

novaSphere posted:

if tf2 is any indication, a lot of people will somehow think it's good

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Kashuno posted:

and y'all thought snowbrawl was bad.

It can't possibly be worse than snowbrawl... can it?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

By the way is it normal to only play three games in an hour? This is ridiculous.

Lokee
Oct 2, 2013

The brown sea is dark and full of terrors, but the paywall burns them all away.

Rirse posted:

Or No Limit which sucks if you are on attack since the other team is all Symmetra.
Never not sixmmetra, no matter what side you're on.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I thought Bastion would be easy to learn but I apparently can't do poo poo and instantly die no matter what I do as him, so good job every other Bastion you know something I don't.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Most of those Bastions are dying left and right and being nigh-useless most of the time too. :ssh:

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

By the way is it normal to only play three games in an hour? This is ridiculous.

Most maps take about 5-15 minutes. So you should be seeing about 3-5 games an hour.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
I think with bastion you just want his presence to be a "surprise, muthafuckas" thing every time. Never play him for more than one life, unless you happened to get a lot of ult charge from your first team fight or something :shrug:

If you must play him all game because your H key is broken, then change your position everytime you have a free moment. If they're expecting you on the right side, be on the left.

Also recon mode is good. Comparable damage to S:76 and correct me if I'm wrong but I think bastion has less bullet spread.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I'm pretty sure he has more bullet spread. (And of course no helix, sprint, much worse heal)

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

homeless posted:

Definitely Rose tinted goggles. 1.5 was scout/medic offense and all-soldiers defense because the only way to stop medics/scouts was to bounce them out of their path.

Plus healthkits weren't even a thing because suiciding was faster than running back to spawn, and spawns were even closer than OW-Defender spawns.

I gotta say that I've enjoyed Tribes:Ascend CTF the most, if only because I loved mowing down flag-runners with the Shrike.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

I thought Bastion would be easy to learn but I apparently can't do poo poo and instantly die no matter what I do as him, so good job every other Bastion you know something I don't.

Never reload as bastion in his turret mode

When you are done shooting, get up and deploy somewhere else. You will automatically reload once you change.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Recon mode on bastion sucks rear end don't let anyone lie to you. You should almost never be in a position where you have to fight in recon mode. Setup, get a couple picks, and move. I play probably more bastion than I should but he definitely can have his uses. Make sure when you're swapping and trying to get the drop on someone you jump and swap to be harder to hit while moving, or if dropping down from somewhere to be ready to go as soon as you hit the ground.

More on recon mode: if a flanker manages to get the drop on you and you need to fight and move, don't try to use your heal to get through it. If you gotta fight, move toward your healers and keep shooting.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Wow this mode is bad lol what were they thinking.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MMF Freeway posted:

Wow this mode is bad lol what were they thinking.

"Here this is why we never released a ctf mode now shut the gently caress up"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
Sooo all the heroes have sprays where they are holding the tail end of the dragon... where is the head part? Is it those lion heads you earn as achievements?