Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I had a lot of trouble trying to use a Seymour with Cid RW strategy until I swapped out Agrias for Tyro. Wall proved to be much more valuable than Cleansing Strike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
any good ideas for U+ CM with bad SB synergy? not that I really need the power orbs...

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Is the nightmare banner half price? I have enough mythril to pull on one banner and would prefer to pull on Orlandeau 1, on the other hand I'm already 4/9 for relics on that banner.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

any good ideas for U+ CM with bad SB synergy? not that I really need the power orbs...

Skip it. Sanct Keeper has been giving folks with good synergy fits, given a combination of AoE spam and simply being beefier than past CMs.

1st AD posted:

Is the nightmare banner half price? I have enough mythril to pull on one banner and would prefer to pull on Orlandeau 1, on the other hand I'm already 4/9 for relics on that banner.

It'll be full price but unlimited pulls like a normal banner, the last three Nightmare banners have been that way and this one isn't expected to buck the trend.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Raines. Raines Raines Raines. Always Raines.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

KataraniSword posted:

Skip it. Sanct Keeper has been giving folks with good synergy fits, given a combination of AoE spam and simply being beefier than past CMs.

Seconded. My A team got murdered several times thanks to the boss's insane dps, and if your healer gets confused or put to sleep that's a wipe right there. I've got really decent FFX synergy and I'm not touching the CM with a 10-foot pole

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i just bashed through it and the only X SBs i used was one cast of Wakka's burst and a cast of Slice and Dice (which isn't terribly impressive these days). RW'd shout.

having R2 Power Chain + R3 Full Charge was a good asset. the shared medica staff we got earlier didn't hurt either.

Edly
Jun 1, 2007
If you have any decent SBs at all for the CM, note that it's extremely easy to hit and run on this one since his first two actions are always Haste and Protect.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
What is "hit and run"?

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Elephant Ambush posted:

What is "hit and run"?

It's mostly for Torments and U+ battles where stamina cost is low or free. Basically whenever you start a battle, you attack to accumulate SB and then flee before being hit. You go right back in and do it again and again until you gather your desired SB. I've read people saying it takes about an hour to get a full three bars.

Edly
Jun 1, 2007
Oh yeah, sorry for the jargon. I did build 3 bars (while watching TV) for this CM, but even just building 1 bar makes a surprisingly big difference. Not only do you get to open with an SB on every character, but you can swap out all of your SB-related record materia for damage increases.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Already seen by some regulars I'm sure but to dump some info for the thread- upcoming in Japan:

SaGa Scarlet Grace Collaboration- Banner with 7 relics, first 11-pull is free. Has a Rebirth dungeon for previous SaGa collabs. (Chances of Global getting are zilch)

FFXIII- Jihl Naabat and Lighting USB.

FFXII- Reks with Fran, Balthier, and Vayne Legend Spheres.

FFXIV- Cid Garlond (apparently specializes in Imperils)

Type-0- Ace, Deuce, and Nine; they have voiced relics, event will also have an originally arranged BGM.

Final Fantasy Legends II Collaboration (this would be the JP mobile game and not the rebranded SaGa II)- Morrow, Wrieg, Aemo

FFVII:DoC- Shelke in Marche
VI- Gogo & Umaro in April
VIII- Kiros & Ward in June

Cloud and Yuna won the vote for the Final Fantasy Brigade Dress Records.

Viewer Polls:

Who do you want to receive a Dress Record?
Terra - 47.2%
Bartz - 19.2%
Onion Knight- 15.1%

Among the following, who do you want to be added to the game as playable characters?
Rude & Elena: 47.6%
Xezat & Kelger: 33.9%
Doga & Unei: 18.5%

Among the following, which spinoff series do you want in FFRK?
Tactics Advance: 39.5%
FFXV: Kingsglaive: 27.9%
Crystal Chronicles: 18.5%
FXII: Revenant Wings: 14.0%

Female Record Keeper's name seems to be Urara.

After clearing all the nightmare dungeons, the crystal in the center will contain Urara and the Magicite Dungeons.

- 1 main Magicite slot & 4 sub Magicite slots.
- Magicites have their own rarity and element.
- Each Magicite has levels, 1/50 in the image for all four.
- The description at the top of the Magicite menu says "Total cumulative stat of Magicites".
- 3* Liquid Flame, 3* Mom Bomb, 2* Ceberus, 2* Salamander, 1* Yeti & 4* Marilith can be seen
- Effects from Magicites are either stat increases and/or elemental/status resistance.
- These effects will activate from the start of the battle.

*From the image, we can see
- Each Magicite has 3 sub-slots, they have 10% written below.
- There are 3 square icons, saying ___ Skill (too small, can't tell).
- Below 5* Ifrit's name are 3 details, each says Synchro ___. Ifrit is level 99 btw.
- And on the right image, we can see 5* Dark Shiva, 5* Valefor & 5* Leviathan.
- As the battle goes on, a Synchro Gauge can be filled up.
- When it is full, a Magical Beast from the Magicite will be summoned to join the battle as a party member.
- It disappears when the Synchro Gauge reaches zero.
- Every Magical Beast has its own unique skill that will activate automatically when it is summoned.

- Magicites are obtainable from Magicite Dungeons.
- These extremely difficult dungeons are what lies inside the crystal in the Abyss Chamber.
- The dungeon contains a Magical Beast of a certain element and type, there is a chance you will receive a specific Magicite when you defeat them.
- To access this dungeon, you have to clear all 12 Abyss Dungeons.

- In March, there will be a special campaign to accompany the arrival of Magicite Dungeons.
- This campaign will serve to aid players to easily conquer the Abyss Dungeons in order to access the Magicites.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Is the female record keeper a costume or a separate character?

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Stupid CM down. And yeah, it's terrible even with good synergy. So much RNG involved in will he AoE, and will you get hosed by statuses.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Hogama posted:

Who do you want to receive a Dress Record?
Terra - 47.2%
Bartz - 19.2%
Onion Knight- 15.1%

Among the following, who do you want to be added to the game as playable characters?
Rude & Elena: 47.6%
Xezat & Kelger: 33.9%
Doga & Unei: 18.5%

Good.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Phew, took down the D250 while relying on Tidus OSB natively and Razzmatazz as the RW for the EnWater. Everyone else just came to heal and mitigate.

I tried the D200 with a similar approach with the Paine SSB (grants Enwater) and Wakka as an Entrust-Wrath battery but I was wiped by consecutive Tails when he was around 10% HP. I think I'll need to pick up either a native Hastega, native mitigation BSB, or a better medica than the illustrious Tiny Bee to have a reasonable shot at it in the future.

Looking forward to the Nightmares tonight, good luck to all those who pull! :ohdear: :angel: :ohdear:

Social Psychology
Mar 25, 2015
I'm secretly hoping to see a ton of Tiny Bees so I can resist the temptation to pull! I mean good luck.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard

Social Psychology posted:

I'm secretly hoping to see a ton of Tiny Bees so I can resist the temptation to pull! I mean good luck.

I wouldn't wish a Tiny Bee upon someone, but I'm also hoping to avoid the temptation to pull. I've decided to attempt to skip Tactics, as well, just to have more ammo for the 2nd Anniversary banners. But good luck to everyone who does pull tonight!

Edit - for post below:

private message posted:

Approximately how much mithril will we be able to get from tonight until the 2nd Anniversary banner? Not sure if I should pull once or twice on Tactics, but leaning towards 1.

It's about 13 mythril every ten days for dailies (if you log in every day), 13 mythril for each normal event (10 for event stages, 3 for multiplayer), 1 mythril per week from the gysahl shop. I can't really account for apology mythril, dungeon updates you haven't done, or special stuff off the top of my head. We've got one week left for January, so one event and approximately 10 mythril for daily log-ins, plus the gysahl shop reset tomorrow. So ~24 mythril left in January. The 2nd Anniversary will be at the end of March. I'd guess ~95 mythril each for February and March. It's somewhere in the neighborhood of 214 mythril until then, IF my math is correct, and I'm shooting from the hip here.

FeralWraith fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jan 24, 2017

private message
Aug 22, 2004
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]
Approximately how much mithril will we be able to get from tonight until the 2nd Anniversary banner? Not sure if I should pull once or twice on Tactics, but leaning towards 1.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

private message posted:

General thought is we get about 100 mythril per month between login bonuses, events, and dungeon updates. Plus I'm sure they will give some away for the second anniversary.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I had decent synergy, but really it was "just" miracle veil that I really needed. I had success using Braska as a second healer, and then using OK BSB with him as the BSB-caster and then using swiftspell for damage. I used the shared heal rod(royal scepter) they gave out on him--helped that it had X synergy. Don't know if you had that or not. I had chain firaga+red armlet on him too, and used swiftspell then that when the boss got weak and started using the real powerful stuff. I don't know if you'll have success with that or not since Miracle Veil was pretty key. But double healers is probably something you want to do.

Also remember that you don't need to master to complete the cid mission. Rikku with Thief's Revenge might be a good idea for that late-fight "sprint" phase.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

That Cloud USB should be well after the Anniversary right? Seems like it'll be something worth dropping all your mythril chasing if it gets released globally as is.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

iamsosmrt posted:

That Butt USB should be well after the Anniversary right? Seems like it'll be something worth dropping all your mythril chasing if it gets released globally as is.
It was only just released in JP, so we have about six months yet. Don't Chase One Relic Even If It's Super Good. That's a good way to spend 400 mythril on one banner and not get the thing you wanted.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Also gently caress Cloud he's a loser dweeb. Even Squall is a cooler protagonist.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
(Valigarmanda data sourced from Zurai's JP thread on reddit, and Resistance data from the MisterP PDF)

For those tackling the Nightmare (Valigarmanda) the elemental resist accessories will be a huge mitigator, and due to every 5* Summoner getting realm synergy the Lucky Dice may actually be quite useful. When including RS a major/moderate/minor elemental resist will reduce damage by 70%/40%/20% respectively.

Based on Zurai's JP data, the boss AI leans a little bit in favor of doing Ice command versus a Fire or Lightning command, and in later phases it added a tri-elemental attack. There's also a mix of single-target and AoE (perhaps enough to make Celes' original Runic a viable RW for people good SSB/BSB options but low hones?).

Note that the AoE actions are locked until Turn 3 (or Turn 4 for one particular Ice ability), and Phase 1 has a countdown timer so it's not viable for the player to stay in Phase 1 for more than 5~ turns. Thus Phase 1 has been split into early and later sections below.

pre:
Phases FireST FireAE Ice.ST Ice.AE LighST LighAE All3AE
------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------
Early1   33     00     33     00     33     00     00
Later1   20     10     20     20     20     10     00
  P2     08     17     08     25     08     17     17
  P3     10     10     10     25     10     10     25

Perhaps Zurai or another JP vet can answer this: Multi-elemental attacks used by the player on a boss will have element calculated individually and then the game will apply the highest-damage option. If a boss attacks the player with a multi-elemental attack (like Valigarmanda's non-Nightmare version of its Fire/Ice/Lightning attack) and a character is resisting just 1 or 2 of those elements, does the calculation select the maximum damage (advantage boss) or lowest damage (advantage player)?

If we ignore the tri-elemental attacks for a moment, and also discount the early Phase 1 due to the limited number of turns and lack of AoE, then here are the main accessories worth considering along with their realm synergy resistances:

Gigas Armlet - (Resist Fire, Ice, and Lightning 40%) * (Resists 100% Valig. Attacks) = expected value of 40~% damage reduction
Arctic Armlet - (Resist Ice 70%) * (Resist 40-46~% Valig Single-Elem Attacks) = EV of 28-32% DR
Necrophobe Ward - (Resist Fire and Lightning 40%) * (Resists 54-60~% Valig. Single-Elem Attacks) = EV of 22-24~% DR
Lucky Dice - (Resist all elements 20%) * (Resists 100% Valig. Attacks) = EV of 20~% DR
Bolt Armlet - (Resist Lightning 70%) * (Resist 27-30% Single-Elem Attacks) = EV of 19-21~% DR
Blaze Armlet - (Resist Fire 70%) * (Resist 27-30% Single-Elem Attacks) = EV of 19-21~% DR

However, if the tri-elemental attack is calculated the same for the boss as it is for us (i.e. highest damage wins out), then it shifts to become:

Gigas Armlet - (Resist Fire, Ice, and Lightning 40%) * (Resists 100% Valig. Attacks) = expected value of 40~% damage reduction
Arctic Armlet - (Resist Ice 70%) * (Resist 33-40~% Valig. Attacks) = EV of 23-28% DR
Lucky Dice - (Resist all elements 20%) * (Resists 100% Valig. Attacks) = EV of 20~% DR
Necrophobe Ward - (Resist Fire and Lightning 40%) * (Resists 40-60~% Valig. Attacks) = EV of 16-24~% DR
Bolt Armlet - (Resist Lightning 70%) * (Resist 20-30% Single-Elem Attacks) = EV of 14-21~% DR
Blaze Armlet - (Resist Fire 70%) * (Resist 20-30% Single-Elem Attacks) = EV of 14-21~% DR

And if the calculation was advantageous for the player (i.e. lowest damage is applied), then the Lucky Dice would tumble down to last place given that the Fire and Lightning gear would become far more beneficial in the final two phases.

Summary: Pending confirmation on the calculation of Enemy Multi-Elemental Attacks vs Resistance gear, Lucky Dice may be quite useful.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

Shelke as a new FF7 character? Really? I'd rather have Genesis if we're going to start including spin-off characters from FF7. Or Hojo! Why can't I play as Hojo!?
EDIT: In no way am I saying Genesis is a good character. He's just not creepy the way an adult-trapped-in-a-kids-body+romantic sublpot is. Boy, I'd rather just forget Dirge of Cerberus ever happened.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Zonko_T.M. posted:

Shelke as a new FF7 character? Really? I'd rather have Genesis if we're going to start including spin-off characters from FF7. Or Hojo! Why can't I play as Hojo!?
EDIT: In no way am I saying Genesis is a good character. He's just not creepy the way an adult-trapped-in-a-kids-body+romantic sublpot is. Boy, I'd rather just forget Dirge of Cerberus ever happened.

Shelke's gotten prior representation (she was in World of FF), so after the main game's cast was exhausted she's not that much of a stretch since Zack and Angeal were already taken up. I'm not sure they'll have any more room after this batch (the Turks and Shelke brings the cast size up to 17), but there's still characters they can plumb like Tseng, Cissnei and Genesis.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

ApplesandOranges posted:

Shelke's gotten prior representation (she was in World of FF), so after the main game's cast was exhausted she's not that much of a stretch since Zack and Angeal were already taken up. I'm not sure they'll have any more room after this batch (the Turks and Shelke brings the cast size up to 17), but there's still characters they can plumb like Tseng, Cissnei and Genesis.

Psssh, there's at least 10 more Sephoroth clones that could be added. Especially the "This guy are sick!" guy.

Daraken
Oct 9, 2007

Maybe tomorrow, I'll find a home.
Comparing the upcoming TG Tactics and the latter Rafa/Malak Tactics banner has me reconsidering my pulls. Both banners have TG Cid's OSB and BSB, as well as Mustadio's pentabreak.

Agrias BSB (Holy Imperil)
Agrias SSB (EnHoly)
Ovelia SSB (Protectga/Shellga/Stock 2000 HP)
Ovelia SSB (Medica/Magic Blink)
Ovelia SB (Hastega/Hi Regen)
Agrias SB (-ATK/MAG)

vs

Mustadio BSB (-ATK/MAG)
Malak BSB (-MAG/RES)
TG Cid SSB (Self 2x Instant Cast)
Malak SSB (-ATK/RES)
Gaffgarion SSB (Party Ether)
Ramza SB (Protectga/40% Medica)

Of course it depends on your needs and possible dupes, but the Malak banner feels a lot stronger if you're willing to wait the 2 or so months for it.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Daraken posted:

Of course it depends on your needs and possible dupes, but the Malak banner feels a lot stronger if you're willing to wait the 2 or so months for it.
The Marach banner is a lot stronger, but it's also 4.5 months away rather than 2, so it's a long time to wait for a banner while other things are power creepin'.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

The Marach banner is a lot stronger, but it's also 4.5 months away rather than 2, so it's a long time to wait for a banner while other things are power creepin'.

It's 14 events away, counting the Orlandu event which is coming in 2 days. That's actually right about 3 months out. JP is only 5 months ahead of us in terms of actual events.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
Tidus drop your loving RM2 already :negative:

Hogama posted:

many things

Welp, pretty much everything I've been wanting to see come to this game is now coming. Weird that the female record keeper is locked behind the nightmare dungeons, but eh, better than nothing! :getin:

PhysicsFrenzy fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jan 25, 2017

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???

Hogama posted:

FFXII- Reks with Fran, Balthier, and Vayne Legend Spheres.

loving Reks when there are still judges and Cids left? For shame.

I hope we get a Tactics Advance realm because Montblanc :kimchi:

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Summoner Lucky Draw report:

I would've rather gotten two Tiny Bees.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Went 4/11 on the Summoner's Banner, got Maduin's Horn, Hammelin, Evoker's Doublet, and Wizer Rod.

Was hoping for some offensive gear but I can't really complain about 2 medicas in realms I didn't have them for yet, especially two BSBs. Now I've got Alphinaud's BSB and SSB, so that's gonna be pretty gross. Maduin's Horn is poo poo and also a dupe, but otherwise I'm pretty glad I pulled on this one.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Also gently caress Cloud he's a loser dweeb.
that's why he rules actually

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT
Ok pulled, dupe keepers tome, dupe fairy flute and Yuna's BSB.

BSB2 - is this good? Figures I would get another white mage burst, but this one looks like it might be decent boostable damage.

With holy rod + garb looks like it could shred

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Cloud is bad and I hope he gets the Aeris treatment.

Meanwhile I went 3/11: duplicate Evoker's Doublet (combining that poo poo), Tyro's Last Judgment Grimoire (yay?), and Summoner's Garb.

this is a weird BSB.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Got Yuna's old SSB (Bahamut, not the Chaos Rod), Braska's old SSB (the Ifrit one), Keeper's Tome (a dupe) and... Rinoa OSB.

I have no enearth or imperil-earth options and I was really pulling on this for the chance for some AoE burst action.

:confuoot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Adel posted:

Summoner Lucky Draw report:

I would've rather gotten two Tiny Bees.

Almost had the same thing for my first pull--two Full Metal Rods. Got a Braska Staff on my second pull.

I dropped 150 mythril and my outcome was pretty blah. Terra's BSB(I do have her Tiara so maybe sliiightly more useful but probably not really), Rinoa OSB, and Deployment Tactics robe(nice but I don't see myself using it native esp since I have his BSB already) were the best things I ended up with. Got stuff like Hope's Hawkeye, Rinoa's Cardinal also. Just a blah set of relics for 150 mythril in such a strong pool that didn't even help lower-synergy realms. Oh well! Hope 2nd anniversary treats me better. Still have 400 mythril, so I'll have plenty.

On another note, I wonder if this Braska staff gives me a fair shot at the Geo Cid Mission. Probably not but it's worth a try I think.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jan 25, 2017

• Locked thread