Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

SKULL.GIF posted:

What has me seriously worried is that even in the very best-case scenario -- a Democratic wave election in 2018 where they retake the House, then 2020 Presidency and de-gerrymander the country -- the Republicans still won't go away and are already morphing into an even scarier political party thanks to Trump's influence and success. They know that McConnell's strategies have worked and were successful; there's no reason to not do it again if the Democrats take back over.

"They'll all be old and die out" isn't going to work anymore with this young streak of fascism that's sprouting up with the alt-right.

A situation in which Dems clean house by 2020 is most likely not a situation in which Trump is seen as a success

Also the GOP base is insanely old and not growing fast enough. Conservative whites will always exist but there's not enough of them in younger generations to have the same impact and the alt right is not representative of voters as a whole. The death of the baby boomers is a massive time bomb that the GOP has no idea how to defuse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

SKULL.GIF posted:

To help create a massive revolutionary wave I tweet exactly one insult at Donald J. Trump every day

Just cracks in the dam. All the shitposts will leak out and then a surge of them will wash over America and usher in an age of wokeness where everyone just started making sense because we were all responsible about how we chose to handle the information presented to us instead of cherrypicking and plagiarizing out of context to fit our version of reality.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
https://twitter.com/guardian/status/824021151684890625

:tif:

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

paranoid randroid posted:

so what do you give a poo poo about
his exxon-mobil investments

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

on reviewing the material, I'm totally wrong and Regular Nintendo is right

The Marriage Ref is the worst

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe

William Bear posted:

This is indeed pretty hosed up. If Trump lost in 2016, he'd bitch and moan and do what he could to delegitimize the election (even winning he still did this), but at least he wouldn't be in a position of power. It seems entirely possible that, in 2020, Trump would refuse to step down if he lost.

i'm hard thinking about a dem winning the electoral and losing the popular in 2020. i wouldve said this was an impossible scenario given red/blue map but then 2016 happened

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

To help create a massive revolutionary wave I tweet exactly one insult at Donald J. Trump every day

accelerationism at its finest

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

ok that one i say what the gently caress to out loud

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

so glad the liberal women's march was so proud of itself for being such good friends to the fuckin pigs

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Thanks Obama!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

jarofpiss posted:

so glad the liberal women's march was so proud of itself for being such good friends to the fuckin pigs

ok that post i say what the gently caress to out loud

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

SKULL.GIF posted:

add me on twitter so i can retweet it every day

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
That tweet above is horrifying, so hopefully this makes you chuckle a little:

https://twitter.com/badiandsnps/status/824033348670648321

Unfortunately not official

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

oh great :negative:

time to see CJR hand-wring over this

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

Wait for the charges to get dropped on the guy from RT.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Weeping Wound posted:

on reviewing the material, I'm totally wrong and Regular Nintendo is right

The Marriage Ref is the worst

i still haven't forgiven nbc for interrupting the closing ceremonies of a north america olympics for that

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Well the good thing about this is that Trump is actively making the media into his enemy. The bad thing is that Trump is actively making the media an enemy.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Ragequit posted:

they've been sassy all day, see if Trump tries to fucken gag em

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Lastgirl posted:

ok that post i say what the gently caress to out loud

not saying mass movements are bad but i did say what the gently caress to all the self-congratulatory "not one arrest" bullshit

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

deadgoon posted:

burning limos improve my morale

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

That's my fetish.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

HorseRenoir posted:

A situation in which Dems clean house by 2020 is most likely not a situation in which Trump is seen as a success

Also the GOP base is insanely old and not growing fast enough. Conservative whites will always exist but there's not enough of them in younger generations to have the same impact and the alt right is not representative of voters as a whole. The death of the baby boomers is a massive time bomb that the GOP has no idea how to defuse

No, they have a very good idea of how to defuse it, by voter intimidation and voter suppression

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

jarofpiss posted:

not saying mass movements are bad but i did say what the gently caress to all the self-congratulatory "not one arrest" bullshit

ill also say what the gently caress out loud to that too

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

pls tell me this is graduate level coursework

its fukken amazing to behold

I'm done with coursework, thank God.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Elephanthead posted:

I am not sure what Latvian labor law is but I probably need at least 20 people to run my goon resort.

http://latio.lv/en/properties/107227

hello sir i have 10 years experience managing a 2.5 million dollar restaurant of 60+ employees and also I love cheap vodka

consider this my resume cuz u ain't gettin anything else

(mike cernovich says I should be assertive and a bit rude and i will get what i want)

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Lastgirl posted:

ill also say what the gently caress out loud to that too

collaborator!!!!

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

this is disgusting and a good reasons for why liberals are scum!!!!

you're supposed to burn rich people's limousines while the rich are still inside

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Ragequit posted:

i wonder if this is whoever got fired for the original tweets

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

pissah

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

lol rip in poo poo all of us

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

jarofpiss posted:

gently caress off dipshit

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

jarofpiss posted:

collaborator!!!!

what the gently caress

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

musicals are loving garbage so I just kind of assumed La La Land would be

also that it would win a bunch of awards for the same reason that no type of book sells better than romance novels

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/824039681868394497

:frogon:

the voice of real america, folks

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

What happened to BadlandsNPS's verification checkmark?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Epic High Five posted:

musicals are loving garbage so I just kind of assumed La La Land would be

also that it would win a bunch of awards for the same reason that no type of book sells better than romance novels

La La Land was very bad

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Feminasty Slut posted:

I know this is ancient history but I'm still loling about the white house press secretary hurling brietbart statistics as fact.
Speaking of:

quote:

The chairman of the House Science, Space and Technology Committee said Monday that Donald Trump was a more credible news source than the entire press corps.

After praising the President on the House floor for things like his “stamina,” and “conviction,” Rep. Lamar Smith (R-TX) criticized the press for, in his view, skipping over the Trump's positive attributes.

“No, the national liberal media won’t print that or air it or post it,” Smith said. “Better to get your news directly from the President. In fact, it might be the only way to get the unvarnished truth.”

Smith is also chairman of the Media Fairness Caucus. A newsletter for the caucus published Tuesday proclaims, among other things, the headline “Breitbart News Surpasses 3 Million Likes.”

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

pathetic little tramp posted:

https://twitter.com/NAACPmpls/status/823883033610780673

Minnesota is a success story because of dems, but people decide to give republicans a chance. This is what happens and why dems need to exist at the state level, holy poo poo.

You need some skin in the game. You've got to pay for your right to peacefully assemble. Just imagine how violent things could get if the cops weren't there to pacify you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

Holy poo poo were only two days in and he's already dismantling everything about America, the parks, its influence in the world, immigration, freedom to protest, science, facts, holy poo poo you guys are loving dead

It's amazing, hitler, communism, none of those destroyed your democracy or made you back down on your values but a few brown people and the orange potato successfully did what no adversary could've.

if you will pardon my optimism for a moment, let me suggest the following:

there will be a reckoning

• Locked thread