Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Surfer singed y/n

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

https://youtu.be/n-5F_7DwPpo

Get pitted

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Surfer singed y/n

n

Bane Singed is the one scary Singed players take, or Riot Singed

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Surfer singed y/n

on surfer i anecdotally notice way more salt so if you're a fan of sodium it might be a good choice

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Still waiting for Hotdog Cart Singed, whos poison trail is the scent of fresh dawgs and everone has custom animations when running through it that makes them float by their noses

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Jungle items are for the weak:

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Neurolimal posted:

Still waiting for Hotdog Cart Singed, whos poison trail is the scent of fresh dawgs and everone has custom animations when running through it that makes them float by their noses

Proxy.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Patch notes http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-72-notes

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Nerfing Darius and Kat without touching Rengar, LB or Camille is... interesting if they're trying to balance around competitive

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

kingcobweb posted:

Nerfing Darius and Kat without touching Rengar, LB or Camille is... interesting if they're trying to balance around competitive

The lack of LeBlanc and Camille nerfs is incredibly puzzling.

I sort of get Rengar, I think that it's much less OP now that they patched the jungle XP

e: I guess duskblade and edge of night buffs could be big for Rango, but mostly I think it helps kha'zix, who might be better right now anyways. oh an jungle monster damage is getting increased - I think most junglers without sustain may be really hurt, and Rengar's early clear is good but not great.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jan 24, 2017

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Sexpansion posted:

The lack of LeBlanc and Camille nerfs is incredibly puzzling.

I sort of get Rengar, I think that it's much less OP now that they patched the jungle XP

e: I guess duskblade and edge of night buffs could be big for Rango, but mostly I think it helps kha'zix, who might be better right now anyways.

He's still close to 100% red side ban in competitive

Orv
May 4, 2011
Darius is maybe over performing a little but I feel like nerfing his early game because idiots are incapable of internalizing "Don't fight Darius early" isn't going to really do much.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I feel like they're missing the really obvious reason why tank supports aren't building knight's vow and that's cause it's already hard to get cdr on tank supps and it doesn't have any. Just give it 10% and tweak the cost/other stats accordingly and I know I'd get it at least.

At least they had the sense to put 10% on the equinox.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

kingcobweb posted:

He's still close to 100% red side ban in competitive

yeah okay I think you're probably right.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ArbitraryC posted:

I feel like they're missing the really obvious reason why tank supports aren't building knight's vow and that's cause it's already hard to get cdr on tank supps and it doesn't have any. Just give it 10% and tweak the cost/other stats accordingly and I know I'd get it at least.

At least they had the sense to put 10% on the equinox.

Yeah, I agree. Knight's Vow isn't a bad item but when you're struggling for cooldowns it's too hard a buy.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I dunno bout you guys but seeing as I'm in bot lane most of the time I'm banning zyra just about every game.

Don't think I've ever bought equinox thingy but even with the CDR I think I'll still be sticking to fotm, shield is too useful for the 'ahfuck rengar has found my ADC' moments

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Yeah, Zyra is super oppressive at pretty much every level of play right now

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
If I'm loving vel support should I also get zyra?

Orv
May 4, 2011
That is the path to the dark side, do not travel it.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Orv posted:

That is the path to the dark side, do not travel it.

Velkos has a similar play pattern to Zara. The q is basically aimed the same, slightly less delay. A lot of her damage is based on her seed passive, so be sure to look up the finicky details about it on the wiki before your first game with her.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
The rise of the aggressive mage support has put tanky supports in a pretty iffy spot. Kinda feel like I can't pick one unless I have last pick - if I'm near the start I'm pretty much forced to take a ranged support unless I want to spend the entire laning phase doing nothing but executing cannon minions and peeling when the jungler shows up.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

el dingo posted:

The rise of the aggressive mage support has put tanky supports in a pretty iffy spot. Kinda feel like I can't pick one unless I have last pick - if I'm near the start I'm pretty much forced to take a ranged support unless I want to spend the entire laning phase doing nothing but executing cannon minions and peeling when the jungler shows up.

Honestly, a lot of it has to do with Zyra, and Zyra's been due for a nerf for a while. Even if she did, like, 15-20% less damage than she does right now in the early game, she'd still be pretty good, because she's one of the few aggressive supports who does not give a poo poo about your positioning. Even Karma has to find a way to sneak in shots past the enemy creep line and puts herself in danger for doing so, whereas Zyra can stand a safe distance away and execute her full combo with nothing being able to protect you from it. It's the inability to really retaliate against her safely, her ability to completely ignore creep lines, and her frankly ridiculous early damage that's put her in such an oppressive spot.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jan 24, 2017

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
They really just gave Nidalee free wards didn't they

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

RealFoxy posted:

They really just gave Nidalee free wards didn't they

I feel like we've had something around 3 seasons now where the preseason changes send Nidalee's win rate straight into the toilet, Riot buffs her in response, she becomes monstrously overpowered for another season, and the cycle thus repeats.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

now that elise is more or less balanced i actually have faith they can balance a form switching jungler so heres hoping this is the season for nidalee

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

FORAGING Rift Scuttlers now eat nearby Honeyfruit. If you kill them while they’re eating, you have no heart.
uh, what, why?

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK1us57TL7Q

Sounds are pretty bad, yeesh. The back is kinda cool and the colors are neat, but I think I'm gonna stick with cowboy.

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

Orv posted:

Darius is maybe over performing a little but I feel like nerfing his early game because idiots are incapable of internalizing "Don't fight Darius early" isn't going to really do much.

It might let some people escape or mean that a jungler gank doesn't turn into a double kill for him some times, but I still feel like he is worth a ban because he is painfully unfun to lane against.

The changes to CoC are quite significant and seem to encourage more diving into the enemy team now. There aren't really any other good keystones for any junglers with CC so I can't seem them switching but a few more top laners might start taking grasp depending on their play patterns I guess.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!

Servaetes posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK1us57TL7Q

Sounds are pretty bad, yeesh. The back is kinda cool and the colors are neat, but I think I'm gonna stick with cowboy.

I like it, but that back animation with the giant paintbrush is tremendously stupid, and not in a good way.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Can some friendly Swain-minded goon give me some non-obvious tricks to use on him, because he's fun as gently caress after a few top games with him but I don't feel like I'm using his kit to maximum capacity and can't put my finger on why not

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Was Ghost being too strong actually a problem? I never actually see anyone take it (disclaimer: high Silver).

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Bugs gotta eat man

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

kingcobweb posted:

this patch was probably locked a week ago before most of the pro games had happened, to be fair. there's some Camille nerfs on PBE now (Q2 tops out at 70% true damage instead of 100%, W more mana weaker slow, E more mana shorter stun)

JerryLee posted:

Was Ghost being too strong actually a problem? I never actually see anyone take it (disclaimer: high Silver).

it's become the de facto best 2nd summoner for mid-range mages. maybe you don't see it because everyone in silver plays assassins or Lux.

Urthor
Jul 28, 2014

Nerfing Camille without nerfing R is a complete joke though. Obviously they are prioritising Camille sales over balance at this point, Red side has zero bans in pro play currently which is completely toxic.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Urthor posted:

Red side has zero bans in pro play currently which is completely toxic.

Red side arguably has the advantage in pick/ban right now even with the three auto bans because they effectively have one first pick and two last picks, as well as the ability to see 4 out of 5 lane match ups before picking their respective laner.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Urthor posted:

Nerfing Camille without nerfing R is a complete joke though. Obviously they are prioritising Camille sales over balance at this point, Red side has zero bans in pro play currently which is completely toxic.

Camille's ult is like the least ridiculous thing in her kit though?

Crazy Larry posted:

Red side arguably has the advantage in pick/ban right now even with the three auto bans because they effectively have one first pick and two last picks, as well as the ability to see 4 out of 5 lane match ups before picking their respective laner.

And here class, is someone with no understanding of what they're talking about

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
What tanky as gently caress jerk dove you and killed you, causing the game to go belly up

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Twitch :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

tank twitch sounds like a good time actually

• Locked thread