Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

They are waiting for the match to end I am sure of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Dungeon Meshi is extremely good as a food manga and a fantasy manga. I don't think it's as good as Terrarium in a Drawer (the author's previous work) but it's probably in my top 10 manga ever.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Why is FIre Punch on that list, it's garbage that goes for shock value.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It's gone in a really weird direction too.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
they just exiled a mtf transexual from the village in fire punch for being untrustworthy and hiding it actually it may refer to a woman being mind controlled by a man, the main villain

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It's vague so far as to what happened, yeah. If it does mean she's MTF it's definitely portraying it in a negative light though.

Metal Pink Babble
Mar 31, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

darkgray posted:

Golden Kamuy isn't even nominated this year (or ever again), since the rules say the title in question must have at most 8 volumes published, and GK is already at 9.

Welp, I'm lazy and didn't know my current running favorite has already won, so I'm cool with that.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Relin posted:

they just exiled a mtf transexual from the village in fire punch for being untrustworthy and hiding it actually it may refer to a woman being mind controlled by a man, the main villain

Sounds like Suicide Island.

Metal Pink Babble
Mar 31, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Pewdiepie posted:

Sounds like Suicide Island.

are you the real pewdiepie? do you feel no shame for contrinuting nothing to the cultural advancement of humanity while maintaining such infamy? I happen to want a manga about dungeon cuisine to flourish, you simply want a dungeon.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Metal Pink Babble posted:

are you the real pewdiepie? do you feel no shame for contrinuting nothing to the cultural advancement of humanity while maintaining such infamy? I happen to want a manga about dungeon cuisine to flourish, you simply want a dungeon.

Hey now... I really like Dungeon Meshi.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
If only the real pewds liked dungeon meshi a lot and talked about it and made it popular.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I would love to get a nice English edition of it.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Chas McGill posted:

I would love to get a nice English edition of it.

I believe it's been licensed, so hopefully you will be able to soon!

It will probably be under the name Delicious in Dungeon though :/

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

z0glin Warchief posted:

Delicious in Dungeon

how did this happen? did they let the mangaka choose the english name?

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

You can easily shorten that to DnD which is pretty appropriate, imo.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
since lots of people have been talking about it i've started reading golden kamui. wonder what else i've missed because of crappy manga site descriptions/pictures

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Law Cheetah posted:

how did this happen? did they let the mangaka choose the english name?

Attack on Titan

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

They were afraid of it getting localized to Monster Girl Dungeon Explorer, I can't blame 'em.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Ready to read some Adventurer Dinner myself.

CupNoodleKing
Feb 17, 2011

Should be named Dungeons and Dinner.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Kill All Humans posted:

Damnit you nailed it. Write an e-mail to the publisher immediately. Maybe make it Dungeons and Dinners just to keep it more consistent with Dungeons and Dragons.

coathat
May 21, 2007

You are all worse at naming things than the lady what draws it.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Kill All Humans posted:

Slime posted:

Damnit you nailed it. Write an e-mail to the publisher immediately. Maybe make it Dungeons and Dinners just to keep it more consistent with Dungeons and Dragons.

Hot drat, this is real strong. No joke I'd say email someone about that, even if it's got no chance that deserves the shot.

Metal Pink Babble
Mar 31, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Yardbomb posted:

Hot drat, this is real strong. No joke I'd say email someone about that, even if it's got no chance that deserves the shot.

I'm sure the owners of the D&D name wouldn't mind a royalty check. The official name is subtle enough for plausible deniability.

DM = Dungeon Master :) (thanks dude for getting me to finally read three chapters)

Metal Pink Babble
Mar 31, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Awwwwww snap! I Am a Hero is back from the dead again::yum::

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
The next chapter of To You, the Immortal dropped, and it continues to be great.

:( but also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-ah5xJz6ZU

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

Squidster posted:

The next chapter of To You, the Immortal dropped, and it continues to be great.

:( but also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-ah5xJz6ZU

Thanks for plugging this last page, I just read through it and it really is good. Unique concept, well executed.

Gale Raziya
Jun 18, 2014

Tiny little life in the woods

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The manga may be small but its heart is enormous.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
More like Heartkumei and Micozy

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I checked out Fire Punch since i've seen the name thrown around a little and the first chapter WHAO

I should've done that sooner, i'm a sucker for revenge stories, even for bad ones, and that's one hell of a setup for one. Not averse to trashiness in that regard, so i'm fine with the relentless misery, but it's a lil over the top still.
I just hit Togata's first introduction and man, i love that dude. If the manga can keep that special brand of wackiness to mix with the super-tragedy, it might just balance out a little. Go Togata!

Not exactly award material tho

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

HenryEx posted:

I checked out Fire Punch since i've seen the name thrown around a little and the first chapter WHAO

I should've done that sooner, i'm a sucker for revenge stories, even for bad ones, and that's one hell of a setup for one. Not averse to trashiness in that regard, so i'm fine with the relentless misery, but it's a lil over the top still.
I just hit Togata's first introduction and man, i love that dude. If the manga can keep that special brand of wackiness to mix with the super-tragedy, it might just balance out a little. Go Togata!

Not exactly award material tho

Oh boy, just wait until you hit the latest chapter (39)

Star Wars? Really?

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I still have a ways to go there, but i get the feeling it won't be long enough for my taste. Still on chapter 10:

Yes! YES!!

edit: The translation hosed up the line somewhat, but I know. I know that Togata's quoting Commando.
I'm in love.

edit2: She cut out the battle scene. God damnit. Ok i'll stop reaction posting now for real though

HenryEx fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Apr 30, 2023

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
OK, this really took a weird left turn after the city arc (or slightly before it actually), but that left turn brought me Dark Souls Wolverine giving people the Biggest Middle Finger, so i'm still fine with it.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Next chapter of To You, The Immortal

Happy End!

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I feel like I'm finally starting to enjoy fire man and it's like chapter 19, feels like up to then it hid behind a lot of ~wacky~ disorganized thoughts and relied too hard on meta meta "hey isn't the story dumb and boring right now?? But hey I pointed it out!!!"

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

HenryEx posted:

Next chapter of To You, The Immortal

Happy End!

Man it's a well written series but I need like one good thing to happen in it just once, it's a perpetual motion machine kicking my heart's balls.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

Mulva posted:

Man it's a well written series but I need like one good thing to happen in it just once, it's a perpetual motion machine kicking my heart's balls.
I actually think there's something weird going on with the ending there.

March seemed confused in the final pages, which is out of character for the whole 'pleasant dream as death takes hold' trope. We've seen that Fushi can feel pain from creatures out of sight, so it clearly has some kind of mind-reading or remote empathy.

I think that Fushi absorbed some part of March's soul, and is storing the people it cares about somehow. I think Fushi bootstrapped itself with a conscience.

Metal Pink Babble
Mar 31, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I feel like I'm finally starting to enjoy fire man and it's like chapter 19, feels like up to then it hid behind a lot of ~wacky~ disorganized thoughts and relied too hard on meta meta "hey isn't the story dumb and boring right now?? But hey I pointed it out!!!"

i would like to punch the asshat who decided to blow up the magnification of the low-res scans around ch. 18, and punch them in the junk for formatting the amateurishly typefaced scanslations in what seems to be a low-compression format. like i hacked my neighbor's wep just to reach his bandwidth cap in the first week of his billing cycle. it is a travesty imposed upon a decent translation of a good manga!

e: oh, good. dude fixed it on ch. 20. i have no reason to stop reading this exciting and well-paced serialization for another 20 chapter binge, boy howdy!

Metal Pink Babble fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Feb 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Metal Pink Babble posted:

i would like to punch the asshat who decided to blow up the magnification of the low-res scans around ch. 18, and punch them in the junk for formatting the amateurishly typefaced scanslations in what seems to be a low-compression format. like i hacked my neighbor's wep just to reach his bandwidth cap in the first week of his billing cycle. it is a travesty imposed upon a decent translation of a good manga!

e: oh, good. dude fixed it on ch. 20. i have no reason to stop reading this exciting and well-paced serialization for another 20 chapter binge, boy howdy!
holy poo poo at the latest chapter :lol:
STAR. WARS. I wasn't totally in on Togata but this is hilarious.