Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iamanLLC
May 25, 2007

We're all dead and this is hell...
Guys I'm starting to think that Piuy is a bird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Genocyber posted:

It's Demon Kings -> Heavenly Kings -> Guardian Kings -> Emperor Dragon. Shin is one of the Demon Kings. We haven't seen the Guardian Kings but they're implied to be the Emperor's personal body guards.

fake edit:

This is just ranking by power level I think, though, which doesn't seems to be indicative of too much unless your power level is above max numbers like Helck. I was p sure Vamirio was like 46 and Azudora was around 50-something when they were introduced, but the after comic thing suggests they are in the 70s.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

iamanLLC posted:

Guys I'm starting to think that Piuy is a bird

:toughguy:

Kalion
Jul 23, 2004

:gifttank:
Panzer vor!

Coffee Mugshot posted:

This is just ranking by power level I think, though, which doesn't seems to be indicative of too much unless your power level is above max numbers like Helck. I was p sure Vamirio was like 46 and Azudora was around 50-something when they were introduced, but the after comic thing suggests they are in the 70s.

Nah, Vamirio was introduced as battle level 78 right in the first chapter.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
New chapter. It's good.

(Mikaros is getting pretty close to eating a dick.)

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Pretty much.

Link: http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Helck/Ch-084-002--Brothers--002-?id=342126

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I'm starting to think that the witch is really good!

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
HELLO to a new Piwi(uy) chapter - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Helck/Ch-084-002-005--The-Witch-s-Adventure-Log----Entry-008---A-Lot-Happened-?id=342354

In which Piuy(wi) is not a bird (?)

oilatsnep
Sep 5, 2011

and a lot happens

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

People I admire and want to be more like:
Train guy
Lighthouse Gentleman

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Is Piuy perhaps a dandelion fluff pretending to be a bird?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
New Chapter up, havent read it yet

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Helck/Ch-085--The-Inferno-Enchantress?id=342537

EDIT: I see that we have never been wrong to trust in Anne

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jan 7, 2017

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Our hero.

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

You know, if you think about it, the humans are kind of the bad guys in this story. In a way, the demons are the real good guys. Food for thought.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
piuy is the realest good guy

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Explosions posted:

You know, if you think about it, the humans are kind of the bad guys in this story. In a way, the demons are the real good guys. Food for thought.

Potentially only 2 humans are the bad guys, the rest were mind controlled.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I don't think the torturer is a good person...

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Only 2 of the humans with names are bad guys. A lot of nameless ones are still jerks.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Is Mikaros actually human though? I figured the revelation from a few chapters back about his "true nature" seemed to imply he was either some kind of New World Organism or a human who'd been so corrupted he might as well be nWo4lyfe.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Naw he was human
Then he got so scared of future goofball Azudora that he awakened to herodom, traveled the world and got a taste of new world power. He liked it a tad too much I think.

Also lol rafaed using a midgame at best sword. Lol at this amateur hour bullshit.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New Piwi - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Helck/Ch-085-005--The-Witch-s-Adventure-Log---Entry-009---Negotiation-?id=342770

End of Part 1! Many more parts to come!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it is starting to look like the witch isn't time loop anne after all. of course, there was never really any evidence for that theory but now it is being actively disproved.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I always thought she was anne's mom or some other relative, personally

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Shugojin posted:

Is Piuy perhaps a dandelion fluff pretending to be a bird?

They discussed in an omake that he was a moss.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
This manga needs an anime so bad.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'd settle for 5 minute episodes of? Pi Wi's Big Adventures.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Mordaedil posted:

DavidPro could do it in between thier Jojo's work.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Mordaedil posted:

I thought this could be one of the great anime that could become mainstream because of its basic plot and likable characters, then I remembered that it wasn't diversified enough. No network would ever air it outside of Cartoon Network. :smith:

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.
I just binged the entire manga in the last few days. It was amazingly entertaining and I can't believe I hadn't heard of this at all until this year. It seems like it would adapt to anime extremely well, but I honestly would want it to conclude at least the human war before an attempt for clear season end, even though it seems like there is a lot more to come :thumbsup:. I was pleasantly surprised how effectively the serious plot and characters were developed after the first few chapters that were mostly comedy.

Thank you thread for introducing me to Helck. I hadn't read any comic in years, and I was delighted to plow through this.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Not one, not two, but THREE non-omake chapters at once!

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Helck/Ch-086-001--The-large-tower-in-the-west--and-the-snow?id=344198

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Helck/Ch-086-002--The-large-tower-in-the-west--and-the-snow?id=344199

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Helck/Ch-087--Betrayal?id=344200

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom
GET FUCKEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD MIKAROS

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm real mad Mikaros got owned by betrayal rather than by my cool friends Anne and Helck.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I'm real mad Mikaros got owned by betrayal rather than by my cool friends Anne and Helck.

This is way better. No one thought he was stronger than your cool friends.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

man, those last two pages...

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I was really tired of Mkaros' bullshit, and I'm glad he's gone, but yeah, I don't feel he got his comeuppance.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

MachuPikacchu posted:

I was really tired of Mkaros' bullshit, and I'm glad he's gone, but yeah, I don't feel he got his comeuppance.

It was more pathetic this way which was nice and all but dude had spent so much of the series ruining things for everyone and gloating about his plans that it'd have been nice if one of the good guys was the person to finally shut him up. Though I guess him dying this way shows that despite all his talk he was never in control in the first place and was basically bragging about other people's plans and accomplishments the entire time. Which is funny I suppose.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The Gurren Lagann men meme except every panel they go "YEAH"

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
The first two chapters and most of the third chapter - Intense battle with their lives, their friends and the fate of the world at stake

Last two pages of the third chapter - "This is relaxing." :allears:

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jan 25, 2017

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Well, one last time for posterity then:

Eat a dick Mikaros.

And I am perfectly fine with watching Helck's cool brother Cless chop him to bits while Mikaros slowly realizes he was an even bigger idiot than anyone could have guessed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I mean hey, 1500 years, you can't say he didn't have a good run.

• Locked thread