Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Shellman posted:

Psst, people born in 2001 can drive.

You mean they may drive :smugmrgw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I don't trust no one that wasn't old enough to watch 9/11 live.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

FreudianSlippers posted:

I don't trust no one that wasn't old enough to watch 9/11 live.

I heard it on the radio but then one of the old guys at work changed the station to non-stop schlager because :lol: who cares about foreign news.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Len posted:

I still question how old you are if the first time you'd heard that song was 2001.

Well, I know I saw Beetlejuice well before that and it is in that apparently, so I guess I had heard it and just didn't remember it.

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007

FreudianSlippers posted:

I don't trust no one that wasn't old enough to watch 9/11 Challenger live.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

We got a television literally the week before that (rural Australia) and little kid science nerd me was all like "awesome I get to watch it live".

Not my best memory.

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007

Memento posted:

We got a television literally the week before that (rural Australia) and little kid science nerd me was all like "awesome I get to watch it live".

Not my best memory.

:(:hf::(

We were all in the TV room at school.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

I was 1

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

hogmartin posted:

:(:hf::(

We were all in the TV room at school.

It was 6 am for me. I walked to the living room and my family was completely still around the TV. It was so surreal.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

The Challenger disaster is my earliest childhood memory :smith:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

GWBBQ posted:

The Challenger disaster is my earliest childhood memory :smith:

Mine was my dog getting killed in a hit and run.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

One of mine was John Lennon's assassination. :smith: :corsair:

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
just ray and dad gay are the same dude! what?!? holy poo poo!!! just figured it out.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

luv 2 date boys posted:

just ray and dad gay are the same dude! what?!? holy poo poo!!! just figured it out.

so what?

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

Ermine is pronounced like ur-min. I've been pronouncing it like ur-mine my entire life.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Dan Patrick, the former ESPN anchor, has a popular radio show, which I don't listen to, but I have heard about "Dan and the Danettes"

I always assumed he just had like female cheerleaders in the studio or something and that it was some kind of vaguely sexist thing. It turns out "Danettes" is just what he calls his normal producers for some reason and they are all male.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Yoshi Jjang posted:

Ermine is pronounced like ur-min. I've been pronouncing it like ur-mine my entire life.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Reading Francois Fillon blaming "la gauche" for his recent woes led me to finding out that, like sinister, gauche is another word that takes its roots from those times when people really loving hated left-handed people.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Well they are demon spawn

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Evil Dave on the Howard Stern show isn't actually Dave Letterman. Mind blown.

I haven't listened in a decade but it used to be part of my commute in the early 2000s. Just assumed he was calling in to blow off steam since he's a comedian and couldn't do that on his TV shows.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Luke Cage is not Iron Fist; they are separate characters.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Mister Macys posted:

Luke Cage is not Iron Fist; they are separate characters.

As is Power Man.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

MariusLecter posted:

As is Power Man.

God drat it, comic books.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

MariusLecter posted:

As is Power Man.

Not originally

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The Sherman-Williams logo is not paint being poured on a bunch of ice. It's actually a globe.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

The Sherman-Williams logo is not paint being poured on a bunch of ice. It's actually a globe.

Also it's not called Sherman-Williams :eyepop:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
No, Sherman Williams is an ice cube. Sherwin Williams is the globe.

loving knockoffs :argh:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Yoshi Jjang posted:

drat it, Lou Reed

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

No, Sherman Williams is an ice cube. Sherwin Williams is the globe.

loving knockoffs :argh:

Potato/potato, tomato/tomato, Berenstein/Berenstain :shrug:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm not big into sweets but I like Girl Scout cookies.
I found out that Keebler's sells their own versions year-round and are cheaper and better quality.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

You can hit Ctrl+B or I or whatever in the post window to auto-insert the BBcode tags. :psyduck:

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
The shortcuts aren't only limited to text formatting. They also have more advanced/oddball shortcuts enabled, like just hitting ctrl+f4 when you're done typing your post, rather than needing to click preview and/or submit

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Sentient Data posted:

The shortcuts aren't only limited to text formatting. They also have more advanced/oddball shortcuts enabled, like just hitting ctrl+f4 when you're done typing your post, rather than needing to click preview and/or submit

:mmmhmm:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Sentient Data posted:

:golgo:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Sentient Data posted:

To get to the secret dance club level, open the console and type /disco

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Sentient Data posted:

Wait, I thought that was Alt+F4

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
It's CRTL+W

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Inzombiac posted:

I'm not big into sweets but I like Girl Scout cookies.
I found out that Keebler's sells their own versions year-round and are cheaper and better quality.

Dollar General also sells differently boxed Girl Scout cookies. Less than $2 a box.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Nermal is a boy cat. :aaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

MariusLecter posted:

Nermal is a boy cat. :aaa: