Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Yo America, your president is up to some Captain Planet super villain type poo poo, just FYI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Yo America, your president is up to some Captain Planet super villain type poo poo, just FYI

yeah seriously jfc

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
while I was walking to my car I had two girls yell at me "where u goin, boy? you look good as fuuuuuck" :c00lbert:

im counting this experience as a threesome

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
I wanna get a tattoo based on symbols from the Arditi Del Popolo, an Italian militant anti-fascist group from the early 20s. Thing is all their symbols look kinda fascist-y, am I wrong?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The skull with the knife is just rad on it's own without any anti-fascist connotations. The fasces being split by an axe is a bit dodgier I get the feeling that most people that recognize the fasces at all would understand that the addition of the axe isn't a celebration.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Dissapointed Owl posted:

What is he doing?

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

CelticPredator posted:

What is he doing?

Forbidding multiple government departments, including the EPA and National Park Service, from communicating with the public in any way, and allowing the Dakota Access and Keystone pipelines to go through. And these are all executive orders, so whooooooo.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

What in the gently caress.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
Goddammit, the word is about to end and i literally just walked away from a threesome cause im shy

Pull up lil mama pull up

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Don't forget his awesome FCC chair nominee who is against Net Neutrality.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Can't hump the Trump.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Me Him Her demonstrates that Max Landis is basically Zach Braff.

I wouldn't be surprised if Gene Simmons' plagiarist son shows up.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Forbidding multiple government departments, including the EPA and National Park Service, from communicating with the public in any way, and allowing the Dakota Access and Keystone pipelines to go through. And these are all executive orders, so whooooooo.

Ah, but while Trump might not care for the environment or some parks somewhere, he certainly wouldn't do any harm to our nations proud veterans!

https://twitter.com/votevets/status/823979813006442498

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
And tomorrow he's expected to announce bans on travel from the Middle East and ordering construction on the wall between US and Mexico.

Shoombo
Jan 1, 2013
I would like to hear SMG and K. Waste's opinions on Duck!: The Carbine High Massacre, as well as anyone else's I guess.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Shoombo posted:

I would like to hear SMG and K. Waste's opinions on Duck!: The Carbine High Massacre, as well as anyone else's I guess.

You guess??? So hurtful...

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

wyoming posted:

And tomorrow he's expected to announce bans on travel from the Middle East and ordering construction on the wall between US and Mexico.

The really bizarre thing is trying to imagine where he can possibly go from here. It's not like he's just going to finish the next handful of executive orders and then lounge on his throne for four years.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Schwarzwald posted:

The really bizarre thing is trying to imagine where he can possibly go from here. It's not like he's just going to finish the next handful of executive orders and then lounge on his throne for four years.

Aides are already reporting he gets bored and starts watching TV, they try to keep him away from bad news about himself so he doesn't throw temper tantrums.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

It's very good, and cool, how each day brings more unspeakable horrors than the last, and we're on day 5 out of at least 1461.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
The Wailing hosed me up good.

I had no idea Cliff Martinez has been around for decades. I started watching The Underneath and was like "Wow this score sounds good. It also sounds quite modern for a 22 year old film." Then Martinez's name came up. I've always liked Peter Gallagher. I met him once like a decade ago and he was a cool dude.

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot
I'm celebrating our country devolving into a fascist dystopia by watching the live action adaptation of Terra ForMars, a racist as gently caress manga about animal based superowers and cockroaches that are caricatures of black people, directed by Takashi Miike

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
XX was disappointingly so so

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot
The jackbooted future cops have sweet uniforms

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
A bit old, but https://twitter.com/TheRealSteveDay/status/813479852791787520

Also, is the Cliff Martinez that scores stuff the same Cliff Martinez that was in the Red Hot Chilli Peppers? It's hard to imagine somebody from that group making music I like, although I suppose Atoms for Peace counts.

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot
I like that everyone in this movie is clearly Japanese despite playing Russians and such

It's like if whitewashing was awesome

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Magic Hate Ball posted:

The problem with XLICK is that it's a schmalzy piece of poo poo that uses an offensive "magical idiot" trope to sell us on the hidden beauty of a national tragedy, and that national tragedy is the fact that it was written in the first place.

Well, no. If you've seen the film, you know about the narrative twist where it's revealed that we've been seeing events from the perspective of a magical (unemployed?) single mother who constructs an elaborate, decaffeinated simulacrum of New York City in order to teach her tactless "idiot" son to cope with his (prexisting) fear of strangers, skyscrapers, public transit, etc.

In other words, XLIC is a therapeutic narrative where those traumatized by 9/11 (and Americans in general) are conceived of as, at their core, adult-children unable to handle certain images without protective intervention 'from outside' - which is, of course, effectively your stance.

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot
A man just got punched in half

Movie rules

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Shoombo posted:

Have you not seen the thread here?

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Well, no. If you've seen the film, you know about the narrative twist where it's revealed that we've been seeing events from the perspective of a magical (unemployed?) single mother who constructs an elaborate, decaffeinated simulacrum of New York City in order to teach her tactless "idiot" son to cope with his (prexisting) fear of strangers, skyscrapers, public transit, etc.

In other words, XLIC is a therapeutic narrative where those traumatized by 9/11 (and Americans in general) are conceived of as, at their core, adult-children unable to handle certain images without protective intervention 'from outside' - which is, of course, effectively your stance.

This is also hilariously the exact plot of Reign Over Me.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

My freakin family got owned on 9/11!

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

And, more troublingly, Aliens.

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

My freakin family got owned on 9/11!

Charlie the 9/11 retard

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

Shut the gently caress up

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I watched 1984 last night (not the fabulous '56 version adapted by Nigel Kneale and starring Peter Cushing), and it didn't quite strike me before how silly it seemed. A much more English dystopia is something like the hilariously dull 1990 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2DL9-Bx1ME, sort of a British Amerika, or The Execution of Gary Glitter.

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe

oh can you go into why?

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

gently caress Whitey posted:

Shut the gently caress up

You can also see Alien Abduction 2014, where traumatic experience is likewise visualized as a swarm of rapacious aliens invading the POV of an autistic preteen. Even more literally, in that case.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Shoombo
Jan 1, 2013

I probably have,I'm p. sure that I got the YouTube rip from somewhere on here, but it was a long time ago, and I only recently watched it. Was K. Waste even around at that time? I guess I'll go looking for the thread.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I really need like an hour long video that consists entirely of Night Mind warning me in various ways that what I'm about to hear is highly disturbing and graphic, and that this is my last chance to turn back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I think Rogue One is my favorite Star Wars after '77 and Empire now.

• Locked thread