Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
If I had all the money in the world, I would get Studio Trigger to animate this. It would be glorious. You could even bring in Inferno Cop as one of the pursuers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
also the crotch-bulge on jareth isn't any more exaggerated than incubus' normally is.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Tarezax posted:

If I had all the money in the world, I would get Studio Trigger to animate this. It would be glorious. You could even bring in Inferno Cop as one of the pursuers!

I'm thinking of commissioning some characters. I can't draw, but sometimes pay people to draw.

But... who!?

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Fish Noise posted:

That "Incubus, god." line is also making a callback to their first encounter. Both times he's leaning in on the dreams-are-weird thing, although significantly more so now.

Huh, I had forgotten that Incubus knew/knows that Allison is Kill Six Billion Demons, not Zaid.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

hey girl you up posted:

Huh, I had forgotten that Incubus knew/knows that Allison is Kill Six Billion Demons, not Zaid.

He thinks that Allison is going to give Zaid the key, not Zoss.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

White Coke posted:

He thinks that Allison is going to give Zaid the key, not Zoss.
No, Incubus is literally the only demiurge aware that Zoss picked Allison, regardless of what Allison is planning to do with the Key.

Mottom might suspect now, and for non-demiurges, White Chain knows but wants Allison to give the Key to Zaid anyways.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Comrade Gorbash posted:

No, Incubus is literally the only demiurge aware that Zoss picked Allison, regardless of what Allison is planning to do with the Key.

Mottom might suspect now, and for non-demiurges, White Chain knows but wants Allison to give the Key to Zaid anyways.

Well, the only one we've seen in-comic evidence that they're aware; given Jadis never being wrong, her difficulty with communicating, and her desire to die, it seems fairly possible she's also aware and just not saying anything about it. But that doesn't make her likely to actually do anything about it, so for practical purposes I suppose that doesn't matter.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

Roland Jones posted:

Well, the only one we've seen in-comic evidence that they're aware; given Jadis never being wrong, her difficulty with communicating, and her desire to die, it seems fairly possible she's also aware and just not saying anything about it. But that doesn't make her likely to actually do anything about it, so for practical purposes I suppose that doesn't matter.
Fair point, Jadis probably does know.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The page where Incubus identifies Allison as the successor is also the one where he figures Allison is going to give the key to Zaid, and immediately after explicitly states that he doesn't think she should.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
I wonder if Zoss was supposed to choose Zaid because of destiny, but being Zoss he was able to pick Allison instead, who now has to decide that she does want to be his heir in order to become Royalty. Mistaking Zaid as the heir might be more than just a translation error, and having someone who isn't the Chosen One make themselves one anyway seems more in line with the setting's themes.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
Incubus, life coach without peer.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I think Incubus is my new favorite

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Well, this bargain clearly has no devils in it.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
So Incubus is in reality Super Kami Incubus.

ALLISON

QUIT MAKING OUT WITH YOUR DEVIL FRIEND

I CAN HEAR IT FROM IN HEEEEEEEERE

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I knew he wanted to stick something in Allison!

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
There's no way this could possibly go wrong.

quote:

“In Lethyx dwells a white princeling who doth not sleep, but feedeth upon the sleep of other as a tick fattens itself upon a bloated vein. There doth he perch, and sifteth through the minds of men as one sorts marbles, to shatter them at his pleasure.

– Book of Black Kings

Yup, totally safe.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfkkMHieqcI

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Just get in the van already Allison, free candy awaits!

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

Incubus being a god of dreams explains why his syntax is so modern compared to the rest of the Seven. He's probably either speaking like a normal inhabitant of Throne or just sending ideas that Allison's brain processes as words -- and because she recognizes the kind of person who would say these things, the Incubus in her head uses the language ("hilarious idiots," "Incubus, god," "what you don't know is that you want this," ) of That Hot rear end in a top hat And His Perfect Hair.

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib

Oh good, I'm not the only one who heard this.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

I loved the hover text, like, so much

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
It's interesting that in spite of the visual he's using, it seems like Incubus didn't actually offer those people muscles or magic or whatever, Ursula-style. He just twisted about in their heads a little to make them really want to be powerful more than anything else instead of sitting around waiting for things.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

stone cold posted:

I loved the hover text, like, so much

So far, most of the demiurges seem to love fashion, with Mottom's dressmakers, Incubus's Goblin King chic, Gog-Agog's interchangeable faces and presumably Solomon David's immaculately styled beard. They all love fashion.

Do you think Jadis has a walk-in closet inside her block of carbonite

Does Jagganoth own a tux

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I like how the eyepatch lady got a much bigger jug as a consequence of this self-actualization.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Captain Oblivious posted:

So Incubus is in reality Super Kami Incubus.

ALLISON

QUIT MAKING OUT WITH YOUR DEVIL FRIEND

I CAN HEAR IT FROM IN HEEEEEEEERE

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought of this.

After the end of the last page I was reading his lines in a knockoff David Bowie voice. God only knows what he'll sound like now.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Mr. Lobe posted:

I like how the eyepatch lady got a much bigger jug as a consequence of this self-actualization.

Having big jugs is not uncommon in the characterization of female adventurers.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
can you loving idiots not go ten pages without going NURR HURR about a female character's tits

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Avshalom posted:

can you loving idiots not go ten pages without going NURR HURR about a female character's tits
They're talking about the bottle on her back she uses to store the tears from all the haters.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
don't you give me your actuallies you slutty bird the world is an egg and goons are the fleas crawling on the eggshell but what happens when the egg hatches? what then? i can tell you because i've been there: the coming of the ants

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Avshalom posted:

don't you give me your actuallies you slutty bird the world is an egg and goons are the fleas crawling on the eggshell but what happens when the egg hatches? what then? i can tell you because i've been there: the coming of the ants
Good! Birds eat ants.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Poltergrift posted:

So far, most of the demiurges seem to love fashion, with Mottom's dressmakers, Incubus's Goblin King chic, Gog-Agog's interchangeable faces and presumably Solomon David's immaculately styled beard. They all love fashion.

Does Jagganoth own a tux

What's the point of bein' royalty if you can't look good while you're doin' it?

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Avshalom posted:

:agreed:

also, can we not call juggernaut juggs

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

PMush Perfect posted:

Good! Birds eat ants.
i found some termites in my wood pile and gave the infested bits of wood to my chickens and it kept them amused for hours :3:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

:3:

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Avshalom posted:

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
ashykerbundy i want to apologise for insulting you in the webcomic thread back in the day when you kept posting sonic comics, at the time i didn't understand your culture and was viewing your actions through an inherently anarcho-imperialist lens

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I don't know what everyone is so worried about. This guy is clearly on the up and up and isn't suspicious at all.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

PMush Perfect posted:

I mostly read it as a foreshadowing of him manipulating her to an extensive degree.
That paid off quick.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
Batman's Shameful Secret › KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS - Everyone's got a dream, right? Like these complete assholes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Poltergrift posted:

Does Jagganoth own a tux

He owns an exquisite assortment of anime t-shirts.

stone cold posted:

also, can we not call juggernaut juggs

Juggly juggs