Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I've heard state farm isn't bad about claims, and that Geico can be bad about them. USAA supremacy tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Janitor Prime posted:

Basically, it's hard to know which ones are total shitholes until you actually have to claim something. Statefarm has good reviews and PEMCO the local insurer in Washington increased their premiums by like 20%. I don't think they are worth that much more than Statefarm.

State Farm has paid out two claims on my car for $15k each without batting an eye. I love them.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
progressive has a "claims concierge" near where I live which was nice when someone backed into my car in a parking lot

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Data Detectors lookin' good

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
since academia apparently is low on the totem pole of mass apple orders we only just started getting some backordered touchbar mbps

wow, they're really bad. why did they gently caress up the keyboard so much, I don't remember mbp keyboards being so bad. the touchbar kinda doesn't have great viewing angles unless you're kinda staring straight down at it?

I guess the screens are still good.

can you dongle your way from usb-c to an older thunderbolt display? I have a feeling our few machavers are going to be annoyed if you can't

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

please make a printer that Just Works timb

brother laser printers have always more or less Just Worked in Macintosh Operating System for me, HTH

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Blue Train posted:

I've heard state farm isn't bad about claims, and that Geico can be bad about them. USAA supremacy tho

ive used geico for years and its always been fast and hassle free, including the time my wife totaled her car and they paid us above bluebook value for it, and the time someone rear ended me, exchanged insurance with me, and then later refused to acknowledge ever having been in an accident at all (geico did a brief phone interview with me that was recorded for the record, then paid me w/o raising my rate)

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Shaggar posted:

state farm mails me new cards

when i lived in hawaii you had to have the actual cards from your insurance agency to show if you got pulled over and to register your vehicle. you could not use your phone or show ones you printed at home. they had to be from the insurance agency.

there are a number of states that require you to have the paper insurance on you at all times while driving and no other source is good enough. florida will write you a ticket for not having insurance which you can get dismissed for $10 by showing them your actual insurance papers whether via mail or in person. here home printed ones are fine.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

also no one has ever been able to get close to usaa's rates for me. my roommate has geico and they keep raising his rates annually due to cost of living. his auto insurance has gone up like 25/month each year he's lived here without any accidents or anything.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

i liked kentucky where you had 10 days to show your proof of insurance if you don't have it. it was mostly computerized anyways, one time i got in a fender bender and the first card i pulled out of my glove box was out of date and the cop said "thats fine i just need the number the computer says its active"

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

hobbesmaster posted:

i liked kentucky where you had 10 days to show your proof of insurance if you don't have it. it was mostly computerized anyways, one time i got in a fender bender and the first card i pulled out of my glove box was out of date and the cop said "thats fine i just need the number the computer says its active"

florida straight up suspend your license if your liability/PIP coverage drops.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
florida is full of old people so keeping as many of them off the road as possible is a worthwhile effort

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

reminder that the state with the oldest population is maine

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

mishaq posted:

reminder that the state with the oldest population is maine

Aren't also are the whitest? It's like a double whammy of terrible people.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Shaggar posted:

florida is full of old people so keeping as many of them off the road as possible is a worthwhile effort

old people typically have insurance. this is for keeping poors/minorities in jail by arresting them for driving without a license when their insurance lapses.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Glazier posted:

Aren't also are the whitest? It's like a double whammy of terrible people.

:agreed:

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Shaggar posted:

florida is full of dirtbag white trash so keeping as many of them off the road as possible is a worthwhile effort

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
didn't they have to institute minimum speed limits in florida because of all the old people driving 30+ MPH under the max speed limit? so you see signs like, "MAX 65 / MIN 45" instead of just "SPEED LIMIT 65" or whatever?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Those signs def exist but I have seen them in other states too

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
I see them once in awhile but their not common or anything

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Doc Block posted:

didn't they have to institute minimum speed limits in florida because of all the old people driving 30+ MPH under the max speed limit? so you see signs like, "MAX 65 / MIN 45" instead of just "SPEED LIMIT 65" or whatever?

wait do other places not have minimum speeds on interstates?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Shaggar posted:

counterpoint: let them all crash + die and solve a bunch of problems all at once

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Cocoa Crispies posted:

cops will still stop you for going obscenely slow on the highways even without them.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

there are minimum speeds posted on freeways all over texas.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
ive never seen a minimum speed posted, but you can still get pulled over for impeding traffic if you are going too slow or have too many people piled up behind you

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Mr. Nice! posted:

there are minimum speeds posted on freeways all over texas.

yeah, usually 45mph

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

I wish library sharing from windows itunes wasn't a broken pile of poo poo

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
itunes, lomarf

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Lol if you haven't written your own beets.io/mpd based iTunes replacement.

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

I think I will get a SAN that support itunes whatever streaming to my AppleTV like a civilized human being instead of some linux basement virgin

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Fabricated posted:

itunes, lomarf

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Cocoa Crispies posted:

since all the speed limit signs around me do not state what it is I tell the cops I truthfully and wholelly believed it was the minimum and then they have to commit seppoku if the flag on their uniform has gold fringe

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

neonbregna posted:

since all the speed limit signs around me do not state what it is I tell the cops I truthfully and wholelly believed it was the minimum and then they have to commit seppoku if the flag on their uniform has gold fringe

pls respect the uniform the term for speed limit related suicide is hari cari

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Mr. Nice! posted:

old people typically have insurance. this is for keeping poors/minorities in jail by arresting them for driving without a license when their insurance lapses.

new york also does this i believe

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

neonbregna posted:

Geoj posted:

This is the sovcit I share a parking lot with at work:

Click for huge.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Haha how is he not constantly hosed with

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

'peace on earth

good will towards meh'

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Agile Vector posted:

pls respect the uniform the term for speed limit related suicide is hari cari

Hmm, that was a close call *resheats katana*

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Mr. Nice! posted:

if you are driving without insurance, you belong in jail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Boiled Water posted:

that seems arbitrary and archaic, why not accept a fax?

• Locked thread