Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

Jesus Christ. What sort of sniveling sack of poo poo can find a reason why a person isn't allowed to get paid to make a commercial for a thing? The man got paid a stupid large sum to promote fried chicken. He doesn't have a problem with it so why should anyone else. PC culture is poo poo and everyone who takes offense to that commercial should go and gently caress themselves. I'm sick of it. You dont like it, don't eat the chicken and spend that time pushing little stones into your rear end because gently caress you and gently caress everything you believe in. I believe that fried chicken is delicious and if a big black motherfucker says it's good that's probably because it is good because black people like fried chicken and I should probably eat what they like. loving hell.

It's not about "PC", it's about it being a lovely ad. I don't see anything racist about it. It's just a lovely ad. No-one should take offense, it's just a worthless ad. The wings should be tossed in sauce, not dipped.

Also, I like fried chicken. I'll eat 2 dozen wings in a second. But that ad simply didn't work.

Nothing "PC", just a bad ad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Fry that chicken, you hear me?

Though It's possible KFC might have them beat in the chicken ad department.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

Jesus Christ. What sort of sniveling sack of poo poo can find a reason why a person isn't allowed to get paid to make a commercial for a thing? The man got paid a stupid large sum to promote fried chicken. He doesn't have a problem with it so why should anyone else. PC culture is poo poo and everyone who takes offense to that commercial should go and gently caress themselves. I'm sick of it. You dont like it, don't eat the chicken and spend that time pushing little stones into your rear end because gently caress you and gently caress everything you believe in. I believe that fried chicken is delicious and if a big black motherfucker says it's good that's probably because it is good because black people like fried chicken and I should probably eat what they like. loving hell.

Good god man.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Oh hey, here's some dumb advertising content:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I think that one is pretty funny.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

The best pregnancy test marketing is the one with the curved handle so you can't accidentally pee on your hand.

Better hope to Christ that thing is negative if you're afraid of getting a little pee on yourself because oh boy do I have bad news for you.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

They just found out she wasn't pregnant. Dude's just got a fat wife now. Poor bastard.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

it reveals the sex

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Henchman of Santa posted:

it reveals the sex

No way.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

it reveals the sex

I'm pretty sure it's a regular pregnancy test

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

it reveals the sex

no it doesn't

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Zero One posted:

No there was a soup commercial with two dads feeding their son. I think it also involved Star Wars so even more people got upset that "perfect" "family" Disney company was involved too.

Even though Disney is actually always been a huge supporter of LBGT

Because Disney is smart, and knows that no matter who you like to gently caress, you have money. I bet Disney execs see poo poo like the bakery who refused to make a gay wedding cake (and leaked the info of the customers, etc) and just shake their heads and use $500 to light their cigars as they wonder how loving stupid people have to be to actively push money away.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I don't know how that process works but isn't it just they do an ultrasound and go "hey there's a little penis"? Like are there any hormone differences between male and female fetus?

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Len posted:

I don't know how that process works but isn't it just they do an ultrasound and go "hey there's a little penis"? Like are there any hormone differences between male and female fetus?

yes, exactly

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

McDonald's is running a radio spot in my area with two young, hip dudes talking about how one of them is going on a first date with a girl and he doesn't know where to take her. So of course his buddy recommends McDonald's, because nothing says "I want a second date with you" better than greasy fast food off the Dollar Menu.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

They should target the fifth-date-hangover-munchies-after-sleeping-over demographic.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Dumb Marketing Moves: hey there's a little penis

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice

mostlygray posted:

It's not about "PC", it's about it being a lovely ad. I don't see anything racist about it. It's just a lovely ad. No-one should take offense, it's just a worthless ad. The wings should be tossed in sauce, not dipped.

Also, I like fried chicken. I'll eat 2 dozen wings in a second. But that ad simply didn't work.

Nothing "PC", just a bad ad.

Fair enough. I'm just mad cause I could really go for some fried chicken and Popeyes is closed right now.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Solice Kirsk posted:

I'm more offended by the Golden Gate Bridge being on the packaging. California knows poo poo about fried chicken. You need southern fried chicken!

Yeah but the South doesn't have any recognizable landmarks other than, like, those Confederate guys on the side of Stone Mountain, and maybe "See Rock City" barns

I guess they could go with the South of the Border Sombrero Tower but that would just be extra confusing

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

If it's called Obama chicken why not have Wrigley Field in the background? What does San Francisco have fuckall to do with Obama?

Also we do have a lot of fried chicken here. I go to Brenda's Soul Food in the tenderloin.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

bitterandtwisted posted:

Before the internet, I'd never heard of the fried chicken stereotype. Or the watermelon one. Apparently grape juice is one as well?
If I went to America I'd probably commit horrible faux-pas all the time.

It's not grape juice it specifically grape drink, which is a cheap artificial substitute for real juice that's mostly drunk by poor people. If you buy it premade it generally costs around a dollar a gallon, if you make it with powder and sugar it costs about half that. In America fried chicken used to be the cheapest way to get some protein in your diet, now it's made with breasts, drumsticks, wings, etc but back in the reconstruction to Jim Crow days it was basically a way to make the lovely part of the chicken edible (livers, feet, gizzards, etc). The same goes with Watermelos, in most of the south they were super easy to grow and cultivate and so they became associated with poor people of all stripes. The negative associations in American culture of associating these things with black people are pretty obvious, all of them are "poor" foods and have been historically used in heavily demeaning ways that often cast black people as racist caricatures or as animalistic savages with an unholy thirst for chicken and watermelons.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Mu Zeta posted:

If it's called Obama chicken why not have Wrigley Field in the background? What does San Francisco have fuckall to do with Obama?

Also we do have a lot of fried chicken here. I go to Brenda's Soul Food in the tenderloin.

Thats still southern style fried chicken I'm assuming. Everywhere in the US has fried chicken, I'm just saying its not what San Francisco is known for. Now if it was Obama Cioppino, then it would work.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Mu Zeta posted:

Lol if you think anybody thought about this at all.

Most likely it went like this:
"Hey guys, we need to rebrand our chicken nuggets. Any ideas?"
"Well they're American. Obama just became their president there so let's call them something with Obama. That'll make people think it's truly American"
"What about the packaging?"
"Every other product uses the statue of liberty so let's not do that. How abooooout... the golden gate bridge instead?"
"Brilliant, Hans, you're surely getting a raise for this"

Also if it's not obvious, the black people - fried chicken stereotype isn't a thing in Germany (probably nowhere outside the US). It's probably really a case of the rare accidental racism. Now had it been Erdogan Döner meat...

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

it reveals the sex

I'm pretty sure at that point you don't need a test to tell you that the couple had sex. :rimshot:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

She's actually not pregnant, the dude just has a massive dong, which also explains her facial reaction.

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

He used the pregnancy test as a joke. The positive result is an indication of cancer. She will be a single mother, that's why they're shocked.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

McDonald's is running a radio spot in my area with two young, hip dudes talking about how one of them is going on a first date with a girl and he doesn't know where to take her. So of course his buddy recommends McDonald's, because nothing says "I want a second date with you" better than greasy fast food off the Dollar Menu.
Millenials love their irony, it probably happens more than you'd think.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Mu Zeta posted:

It doesn't need to have any actual connection with him. I snapped this on the street a couple months back:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

"It can't be red or any Republican color."

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

So don't buy off the dollar menu you cheap gently caress.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

jojoinnit posted:

It doesn't need to have any actual connection with him. I snapped this on the street a couple months back:

If I were Obama, I would totally sign off on this.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

California rolls, eh?

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

My Lovely Horse posted:

California rolls, eh?

Freedom rolls sounds better imo

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

The gently caress do you guys live that McDonald's still have a dollar menu because I'm jealous.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Mu Zeta posted:

That would be hugely disrespectful to Obama because he's a Sox fan

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

That would be hugely disrespectful to Obama because he's a Sox fan

I love the White Sox and I'm a huge Cubs fan. The best part about the Sox is that even if they're in the World Series you can still get tickets at the box office. And then you're only one stop away from China Town after the game to get Won Kow.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Len posted:

The gently caress do you guys live that McDonald's still have a dollar menu because I'm jealous.

What? A small fry, an ice cream cone, a soda, or an apple pie aren't enough value for your precious dollar?

I do find it kinda weird that they have both a Premium Big Mac and a normal Big Mac now, but I didn't know until I saw it on their menu. I'm used to being saturated in Micky D's ad for everything they do. Are they hemorrhaging money or something?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The Door Frame posted:

What? A small fry, an ice cream cone, a soda, or an apple pie aren't enough value for your precious dollar?

I do find it kinda weird that they have both a Premium Big Mac and a normal Big Mac now, but I didn't know until I saw it on their menu. I'm used to being saturated in Micky D's ad for everything they do. Are they hemorrhaging money or something?

Dollar menu doesn't exist in Chicago. Or at least any of the McDonalds I've been to. They have the "Value Menu" where the regular $1 stuff is all $1.39 or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Dollar menu doesn't exist in Chicago. Or at least any of the McDonalds I've been to. They have the "Value Menu" where the regular $1 stuff is all $1.39 or something.

Only one I've seen out in the burbs still has a dollar menu, and it's just a small corner of the panel that the Value Menu is in. It's basically just a small fry, an ice cream cone, a soda, an apple pie, and a sandwich. And that sandwich is a bizarre menu item that no one orders, like a Jalepeno Cheeseburger or something completely random.

Otherwise it's all $1.39 or 2 for $3 items