Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Sigmundur Davíð, former prime minister of Iceland, posted this on Facebook:

Claiming that Icelandic meat was so pure and superior to filthy forane meats that it's perfectly safe and good to eat raw.

He is best known for this interview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORlq_zrfWDc
Where the interviewer confronted him on his ownership of a offshore company that was probably created for tax dodging and/or money laundering purposes. The PM being a quick thinking and charismatic man responded very professionally by forgetting how to speak English and walking out.

A sublimely awkward man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aceofblue
Feb 26, 2009

FreudianSlippers posted:

Claiming that Icelandic meat was so pure and superior to filthy forane meats that it's perfectly safe and good to eat raw.

I mean, steak tartare looks AUG but tastes pretty amazing.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Yeah, but the picture he posted just looks like ground beef on crackers. Beef tartar shouldn't be ground anyways since that creates even more surface area for bacteria to hold onto. Or so I'm lead to believe. I don't like it so never eat it.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Beef tartar has sauce and spices and what not. Just putting some beef on crackers with nothing else is just silly.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug
I will say though, that beef looks pretty danged fresh.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

FreudianSlippers posted:

He is best known for this interview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORlq_zrfWDc
Where the interviewer confronted him on his ownership of a offshore company that was probably created for tax dodging and/or money laundering purposes. The PM being a quick thinking and charismatic man responded very professionally by forgetting how to speak English and walking out.

A sublimely awkward man.

Raw meat is the most delicious though

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

neonbregna posted:

Raw meat is the most delicious though

Always wanted to meet a werewolf!

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

FreudianSlippers posted:

Beef tartar has sauce and spices and what not. Just putting some beef on crackers with nothing else is just silly.

Yes, but it's probably safe if the meat is handled properly.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

This lovely tattoo looks like it was done with a woman's fingernails during intercourse.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

This lovely tattoo looks like it was done with a woman's fingernails during intercourse.

I'd say a man's because I don't believe anyone could've gotten the text even that well from the front.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

BgRdMchne posted:

Yes, but it's probably safe if the meat is handled properly.

The subtext is that only Icelandic meat is safe. All foreign meat has toxoplasmosis and causes people to go insane which is why no meat should ever be imported and why all foreigners are inferior.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

So.... James Joyce?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The first one could be turned into a good Rake for a Slenderverse youtube series, the second is gah! You know the guy wearing that thinks he's loving sexy as poo poo.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Solice Kirsk posted:

Yeah, but the picture he posted just looks like ground beef on crackers. Beef tartar shouldn't be ground anyways since that creates even more surface area for bacteria to hold onto. Or so I'm lead to believe. I don't like it so never eat it.

Eating raw ground beef is fine as long as it's freshly ground. Grinding both increases the surface area for bacteria to grab on to, and mixes the surface bacteria throughout the entire chunk of meat instead of just on the outside.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I eat raw beef all the time and that is its most delicious form.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Its looks like someone idolised die Antwoord unironically

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
The linework reminds me of that one tattoo of a cute little character with a weird quote like "No Worry" or something like that. It's intentionally bad/simple.

e: Whoops thought I was in the bad tattoo thread. Hopefully someone knows what I'm talking about, I can't find it on GIS.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

fullroundaction posted:

The linework reminds me of that one tattoo of a cute little character with a weird quote like "No Worry" or something like that. It's intentionally bad/simple.

e: Whoops thought I was in the bad tattoo thread. Hopefully someone knows what I'm talking about, I can't find it on GIS.

If anything it looks like the outline was done by the studio that did Dr Katz, Professional Therapist

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

FreudianSlippers posted:

How about raw beef and onions? Somehow thats a thing in wisconsin. I will never understand.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Sloober posted:

How about raw beef and onions? Somehow thats a thing in wisconsin. I will never understand.

Cannibal Dip?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Pick posted:

I eat raw beef all the time and that is its most delicious form.

Get back in your cage this instant! Bad kitty! No internet! No internet!

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

What was that thread where this couple was eating old, probably rotten meat so the thread came to the conclusion that they were bears or something.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Solice Kirsk posted:

Always wanted to meat a werewolf!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Hihohe posted:

What was that thread where this couple was eating old, probably rotten meat so the thread came to the conclusion that they were bears or something.

Was that the same one where they posted a picture of the stuff in their fridge and there was something in there that was almost certainly a decomposing human leg?

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Hihohe posted:

The paleo thread?
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3266265&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post372450711

quote:

My wife was just sick. chronic fatigue/pain. Like you know those people who have all kinds of things wrong with them but doctors just cant help them? She was wasting away and could not digest anything. We have always eaten a 'healthy' diet. Our dinners before going raw were usually a serving of fish chicken or sometimes beef, with a whole bunch of local veggies. Even though we were doing all kinds of 'healthy' things, my wifes health was still declining to where we both knew she was going to die and we just didnt know what else we could do!

I think i was browsing around on the net and came across the Wai (fruitarian) diet. I thought the theory was interesting but it sounded like a pretty good way to mess yourself up. Raw paleo and eating raw meat were soon discovered and i brought home a slew of raw meat and organs. She was not amused but choked it down and went 'hey, that felt like it actually digested' 'my stomach isnt all hosed up'

After crying into her dinner for a few months we really noticed the difference (I did it too) And all kinds of things that we used to think were 'normal' were actually NOT normal. You do not know what your stomach is supposed to feel like until you have eaten raw carnivore (we did not really do paleo, we pretty much went from vegitarians to carnivores, ditched the plants because we knew they were bullshit)

We actually live outdoors for most of the year (in fact i just put a wood stove in my tent so we're heading back out into the canadian winters for 4-season outdoor living) in a tent. So the majority of the meat that we eat is 'rotten' since we have no refrigeration. Its funny how your tastes change, and your idea of taste. Fresh meat is now bland and boring. We prefer the aged meat, it just gets more flavor as the weeks go on. I imagine its kind of like how people develop taste for other fermented things like cheese and wine.

Something else we found was that you're told that eating rotten meat will pretty much kill you. When you find out that it doesnt, in fact after eating it you sometimes feel euphoric; what other things were I afraid of that were not actually real?

We dont really eat carbs, an occasional grapefruit for me but my wife has no interest in anything that isnt animal. The fat is the gold. Your body goes through a pretty rough adaption process learning to burn fat instead of carbs. After you have done that you feel pretty awesome. We eat the whole animal, brains to brothing the feet.

quote:

Is it really so hard to believe that we live in a tent outdoors and since we have no refrigeration and eat a meat only diet, we naturally ended up eating our meat rotted and began to actually prefer it like that? Its also easier to digest when its aged. Digestion is supposed to be pretty taxing on your body so i imagine if your body is pretty run down to begin with you dont want to load it up with a bunch of hard to digest foods.

I dont see what you are arguing with here. After trying everything this is how we got our results. You probably wont get sick from your diet/lifestyle until you are 80 years old and by then you wont care about yourself since you're going to be old and wrinkley anyway, right?

You also dont have to eat your meat RAW, you can drop it in a pan for like, 10 seconds a side to warm it up (since warm meat is so much better than cold meat) and you will still get most of your raw meat goodness.. We just have better things to do than cooking food.

If you were going to eat something raw for your health, i would probably recomend finding yourself some good quality grass fed liver. Its nutrient dense and slimy enough that you can just chop it into chunks and bolt it down if you're a newbie and not used to the taste. You dont actually have to chew any meat if its raw, you can just woof it down whole like a dog and it will still digest fine if you wanted to.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

God drat it what the gently caress

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
AUG Thread: woof it down like a dog

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
I think somebody also did a comic from that post.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I feel like they had heard of aged meat but didn't understand what that actually was.

AUG Thread: After crying into her dinner for a few months we really noticed the difference

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Helios Grime posted:

I think somebody also did a comic from that post.

Whoever that was did some amazing E/N comics. Wish I could remember their name.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

This is all I can see

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Data Graham posted:

Whoever that was did some amazing E/N comics. Wish I could remember their name.

There were a couple from the E/N Comics thread.

Doll House Ghost:

Mjaulm:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

hyperhazard posted:

"We just have better things to do than cooking food."

No, you literally don't.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
So were those posts genuinely dumb or was it just a gimmick people were taking as literally as possible?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
This is a subforum where people were banned for begging a guy to stop eating soup made from huge chunks of lard.

If I remember right he had been to a doctor for a blood test and his cholesterol level test came back saying, "Please don't send us gravy."

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Maybe. :v: I've always seen those bear comics rather than the actual post, so figured the whole joke was that this dude is actually posting as a bear rather than being actually stupid. Poe's law and all that, though.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
It certainly reads like stdh.txt/"Intro Paragraph to Geocities.com/Alternative Diet Works MIRACLES"

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Reminds me of Harvey Keitel's magic marker prison tats in grand Budapest hotel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Gorilla Salad posted:

This is a subforum where people were banned for begging a guy to stop eating soup made from huge chunks of lard.

If I remember right he had been to a doctor for a blood test and his cholesterol level test came back saying, "Please don't send us gravy."

:stare: Do you, or anyone else, have a link?

• Locked thread