Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Memento posted:

The horse at around 3:20 reminds me of my favourite ever sequence of posts on these forums.

This is nothing at all like my experience with horses, although the ones my wife rides aren't inbred, glass-ankled show horses. My guess is that top-tier dressage horses (and race horses, etc.) are all retarded like show dogs are retarded. The horses my wife rides are just regular ol' horses, and they are neither fragile nor dumb enough to get stuck atop a fence. They just remind me of bigger, smarter dogs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy
So basically, it's amazing this horse didn't kill itself?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-fluUQApO8

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Measly Twerp posted:

It choked on the rubber duck two days after the video was made.

Probably. What do I know.

Short Penguin
Jun 1, 2010

Data Graham posted:

Seriously. Talisker or gtfo

Agreed.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Measly Twerp posted:

Yes. Though as mcbexx says, it probably did soon anyway.

But sometimes they come across someone even dumber than they are and then they can live to die another day:
https://youtu.be/Doa7n4YDNJw

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Data Graham posted:

Seriously. Talisker or gtfo

A local supermarket had Talisker 57° North on sale for $30. It's usually at least $100 around here, so I went and bought a bottle as quickly as I could.

They're already popping up on our local Craigslist equivalent, priced at $60 firm.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Memento posted:

The horse at around 3:20 reminds me of my favourite ever sequence of posts on these forums.

As amusing as all these quotes are they do sound ridiculously exaggerated, ala usual goon posting. Whats the deal horse in the knows?

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Railing Kill posted:

This is nothing at all like my experience with horses, although the ones my wife rides aren't inbred, glass-ankled show horses. My guess is that top-tier dressage horses (and race horses, etc.) are all retarded like show dogs are retarded. The horses my wife rides are just regular ol' horses, and they are neither fragile nor dumb enough to get stuck atop a fence. They just remind me of bigger, smarter dogs.

#NotAllHorses

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Horses are dumb and obsolete. The schadenfreude is derived from anyone who decides to buy a horse later in life when they got some cash, in an attempt to fulfil some absurd childhood fantasy, only to realise they're hella expensive, dumb AF, and don't give a poo poo about you.

Oh, and riding is also dumb. Just get a go kart or dune buggy or sports car; this isn't the 19th century.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Woops

E: have a gif of an idiot biting an idiot

Cocaine Bear has a new favorite as of 19:58 on Jan 25, 2017

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Nutsngum posted:

As amusing as all these quotes are they do sound ridiculously exaggerated, ala usual goon posting. Whats the deal horse in the knows?

well you see dear boy, there are these things called "jokes"

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
So you're saying that the glue industry will never run out of supply. :v:

I would think a plough horse would be very sturdy.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Nutsngum posted:

I'm getting immense Schadenfreude knowing someone paid $10 for serious posting about serious topics on the "all your base are belong to us" forum.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Nutsngum posted:

Remember that up until the 20th century (and for a bit of a ways into it) horses were used for pretty much everything. Transportation, labor, war, you name it. They're not quite as dumb and fragile as Freckles on the whole.

Having said that, back in the day a horse was really important to whomever owned it and so they spent a lot of time teaching those horses whatever it was they were supposed to do. Military horses could be around cannons, gunfire, and screaming people waving weapons around without losing their poo poo. Now, like JoelJoel said, there are a lot of idiots who get one because they always wanted a pony, then don't know how to ride or train them and bad things happen.

Never ceases to amaze me how goddamn dumb people are. There's a pretty universal rule that any animal, be it dog, cat, or horse with their ears back like that is going to gently caress your poo poo up.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

SubponticatePoster posted:

Never ceases to amaze me how goddamn dumb people are. There's a pretty universal rule that any animal, be it dog, cat, or horse with their ears back like that is going to gently caress your poo poo up.

Even applies to Wasps. Lil feckers always hiding their ears.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Ak Gara posted:

Even applies to Wasps. Lil feckers always hiding their ears.
Maybe they put their antennae back before they sting somebody?

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
not always true. my dog pins his ears back in anticipation of getting pets.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Noctone posted:

not always true. my dog pins his ears back in anticipation of getting pets.

Stop abusing your dog.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Outrail posted:

Stop abusing your dog.

Ban this sick animal slave defender.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Poor ol' Smashmouth. Ate the eggs and died.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

JoelJoel posted:

Woops

E: have a gif of an idiot biting an idiot

I think those are wild horses, which aren't as stupid as normal horses as proven by the fact they aren't owned by someone who named them freckles.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Nuebot posted:

I think those are wild horses, which aren't as stupid as normal horses as proven by the fact they aren't owned by someone who named them freckles.

I doubt most wild horses would stick around eating grass when some random biker walked up to them. Odds are he was some jackass loving around with some rancher's horses and he eventually annoyed them enough to git bit.

Tear up some clover and hold it at arm's length and just stand there and you will be a horse's BFF, ears back or no

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

My turkey story was 100% true. My friend's idiot horse gave her a concussion because it saw a turkey that it sees every day and got spooked and threw her, and this became common enough that they had to put up a wall.
She also bit her horse in anger and when someone saw her she just shouted back "well... he bit me FIRST!!"

Donkies are rad and good though. All ponies are evil hateful creatures but they don't try to kill them selves. It's really just any sort of "show" or performance horse that is idiotic. Either because it's pampered, trained in a way that fucks it up mentally, or driven way too hard physically. Socks the shire horse that pulls a cart sometimes is probably an ok horse.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
I live in the suburbs and someone near me has a fuckin' donkey and it's pretty friendly.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Azhais posted:

I doubt most wild horses would stick around eating grass when some random biker walked up to them. Odds are he was some jackass loving around with some rancher's horses and he eventually annoyed them enough to git bit.

Tear up some clover and hold it at arm's length and just stand there and you will be a horse's BFF, ears back or no

I don't know about that. I go to Assateague Island fairly often, there are herds of wild ponies there that walk along by the side of the roads, eating, crapping, and being photographed by tourists. They're not fazed by people, but they'll bite and kick without provocation.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Soviet Commubot posted:

RANDOM
HORSE
MEMES

Also content:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/tamara-lovett-ryan-failing-provide-necessaries-trial-decision-1.3947694

Canadian jippie who tried to treat kid's strep infection with dandilion root instead of taking him to a doctor gets jail time.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Nuebot posted:

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

I don't know about that. I go to Assateague Island fairly often, there are herds of wild ponies there that walk along by the side of the roads, eating, crapping, and being photographed by tourists. They're not fazed by people, but they'll bite and kick without provocation.

I worked with wild horses for a whole summer in 2015. In a big empty field like that I would be pretty surprised to see wildies that close to someone instead of running away. It was a challenge to get within a hundred feet of most of them. The ones that are more accustomed to people will let you get closer though, but they need to be familiar with you and still often won't let you within arms' reach.

Regardless, I can assure anyone that wild horses are just as loving dumb as domestic ones.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

CommonShore posted:

Also content:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/tamara-lovett-ryan-failing-provide-necessaries-trial-decision-1.3947694

Canadian jippie who tried to treat kid's strep infection with dandilion root instead of taking him to a doctor gets jail time.

loving hell.

quote:

Doctors testified the infection would have been treatable had the boy, who also had meningitis and pneumonia, been taken to a doctor and given antibiotics.

Additional, WTF. Is Alberta like the Alabama of Canada or something?

quote:

In Lethbridge last year, a jury found David and Collet Stephan guilty of failing to provide the necessaries of life for the 2012 death of their 19-month-old son, Ezekiel, who died of meningitis. The Stephans refused to take him to a doctor.

The trial was told Ezekiel at one point became too stiff to be placed in his car seat, and instead had to lie on a mattress while his mother drove him from their rural home in southern Alberta to a naturopathic clinic in Lethbridge to pick up an echinacea mixture.

Lovett's trial had one notable spectator in the gallery — Jeromie Clark. Clark and his wife, Jennifer also face a charge of failing to provide the necessaries of life in the death of their 14-month-old son, John, who died in 2013 of a staph infection complicated by malnutrition.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

CommonShore posted:

Also content:

Was wondering what a jippie was. Turns out it's a hippie. Dumb mom. Go to jail.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

flosofl posted:

I've heard Texas more than Alabama, but "Canadian equivalent of southern US state full of and ruled by conservative NIMBY ranchers and/or oil barons" is basically it yes.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

CommonShore posted:

Also content:

There was a family in the US that prayed over their dying daughter who had a treatable disease and didn't get jail time when she died. What's worse is I'm sure that's happened more than once.

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003
Hey now, we elected the "left wing" party last year. And we're not all redneck rig pigs and ranchers. Just the rural areas. And Calgary, gently caress that place.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

Mak0rz posted:

I've heard Texas more than Alabama, but "Canadian equivalent of southern US state full of and ruled by conservative NIMBY ranchers and/or oil barons" is basically it yes.

Right now Alberta's governed by the no-name brand left party and oil is doing super poorly! :eng101:

(Honestly the cities here are just cities which contain all kinds, while the rural areas are more hickish than anything.)

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

flosofl posted:

loving hell.

Hippyism isn't quite a redneck thing. That was herbal bullshit, not praying.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Midnight Voyager posted:

Hippyism isn't quite a redneck thing. That was herbal bullshit, not praying.

Yeah, I'm getting the idea that it's basically Texas if it were cross-pollinated by California.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
https://twitter.com/VicenteFoxQue/status/824360005554044932

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

This thread is going to be a rich vein of constant schadentertainment for the next 4 years, the only question is for which side...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

He ain't even the El Presidente no more, is he