Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

z0glin Warchief posted:

I think it's this: https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=47705

What I most remember about it is that the author did another story with the same sub-title about a high-powered career woman and the random dude she dates who eventually overcomes his insecurities about being a house husband.

Hm, i flipped through it to find the concert scene again, but i must have confused it with a different (and from what little i caught flipping, probably much better) manga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I wish I could get back onboard World Trigger since it's a rare shounen whose combat seemed "smart" (at least comparatively speaking) but it feels like there's like 200 characters to keep track of and 60% of them look the same

Great news! Its on indefinite hiatus so you can take as much time as you need to catch up.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

z0glin Warchief posted:

I think it's this: https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=47705

What I most remember about it is that the author did another story with the same sub-title about a high-powered career woman and the random dude she dates who eventually overcomes his insecurities about being a house husband.

I vaguely remember reading one of the series this author did. IIRC, a girl catches a disease that causes her to age backwards (she reverts to being 11 years old or close to it) and the only way to prevent her from becoming a baby is to have a very deep kiss with a specific man every day. And I think the man was in a relationship with his boss.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Plutonis posted:

Its the Baki of the new century
Yeah, that sounds about right.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Regarding Kengan Ashura, it's cool that the author made a Street Fighter crossover manga, I'd like to see that. Looks like some of his character designs were influenced by Street Fighter:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Next time on demons plan:
Protagonist fights
A RAPIST.

Woah this naming scheme got dark fast.

Featuring such great lines of dialogue like:
"Shes only going to be raped"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Next time on demons plan:
Protagonist fights
A RAPIST.

Woah this naming scheme got dark fast.

Featuring such great lines of dialogue like:
"Shes only going to be raped"

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Jedah posted:

Regarding Kengan Ashura, it's cool that the author made a Street Fighter crossover manga, I'd like to see that. Looks like some of his character designs were influenced by Street Fighter:

Usually I think people are full of poo poo when they talk about manga characters referencing other characters, but this seems like it was genuinely intentional.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Ytlaya posted:

Usually I think people are full of poo poo when they talk about manga characters referencing other characters, but this seems like it was genuinely intentional.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
KA really has some of the most entertaining character design around.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The Promised Neverland is really good.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Fabricated posted:

Have they gotten off the boat out of the orphanage yet?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Fabricated posted:

Yup. RIP Sister Krone. :(

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Man, Isabella has friends in some really high places. Shoulda seen it coming, since everyone important is always related somehow, but the manga's pretty decent at showing various characters constructing schemes and shooting them down in (to them) unexpected ways.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Fabricated posted:

Yeah, it's always been pretty decent but i've particularly enjoyed the last few chapters.

Sister Krone ended up being a better character than I expected. I thought she was just going to be a minor stooge who wasn't as smart as she thought she was to give the kids someone to beat before they escaped. But she ended up being pretty interesting and effective, even sympathetic in some ways. Sad to see her go.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

tweet my meat posted:

KA really has some of the most entertaining character design around.

:agreed:

For example, was this character influenced by Lemonhead candy?? :tinfoil:

The artist, Daromeon, is both wonderful and bizarre. Thank you goons for introducing me to his work. Have you seen the hilarious fighting game he's creating? Hell yeah.

Jedah fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jan 23, 2017

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the mangaka of murder princess (among other things) has started a new series. it is about a boy detective who fakes all the deductions and such normally associated with that role because he can see ghosts. the ghosts point at their killers.

i fuckin' love that concept.

http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/kako-and-the-false-detective-r20603/

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Wiuldnt that one day or another lead to a situation much like Case 3 from the new Ace Attorney

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the mangaka of murder princess (among other things) has started a new series. it is about a boy detective who fakes all the deductions and such normally associated with that role because he can see ghosts. the ghosts point at their killers.

i fuckin' love that concept.

http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/kako-and-the-false-detective-r20603/

Ha ha ha, I love it. The ghosts point in the direction of the murderer, so he always carries around a high-powered laser pointer on a tripod that he can set up to see exactly where the ghosts are pointing to if they're too far away.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

While it's Korean, I've recently been catching up on Noblesse and I wish they would bring back some of the comedy from the earlier chapters. For some reason I always found the whole "Seira has a crush on Shinwoo" subplot funny/cute but it hasn't come up in a while due to all the shounen battles. Same goes for a lot of the scenes with Raizel and the kids and the kids always inferring what they think Rai is thinking. The battles have also reached a point where no one but the Noblesse himself has a chance against the stronger enemies, though at least his stamina problems make it reasonable for the other characters to have to face off against the small(er) fries.

Even though it would have been super cliche, I would kinda hoping at one point that the one experimenter lady would have abducted Shinwoo and given him powers of some sort, just because it would have given the kids an excuse to be involved in the plot again.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
after this arc will over there will be the customary 3 chapters before they move on. its the constant needing to end on cliffhangers i'm not fond of just have a big battle and show frankenstein powering up before the start of the new one instead of pretending he's dead

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

For a minute there I honestly thought you were talking about the sleepy princess manga :v:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

VibrantPareidolia posted:

For a minute there I honestly thought you were talking about the sleepy princess manga :v:

Same. She could very well be a murder princess. She murders the creatures in the Demon King's castle all the time! (Although they just rez)

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

VibrantPareidolia posted:

I'm still thinking this tbh.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

"To You, The Immortal" (Fumetsu no Anata e) is super good and interesting so far. The story is fascinating and really unique. To be honest I like it more than Koe no Katachi so far.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
uratarou is a better immortal themed manga so far. maybe once the creature in To You learns introspection it will be more compelling

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

"To You, The Immortal" (Fumetsu no Anata e) is super good and interesting so far. The story is fascinating and really unique. To be honest I like it more than Koe no Katachi so far.

I dig the hell out of it

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~
A Silent Voice is dear to my heart because I'm deaf, but I'll have to check out this new manga of hers.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Relin posted:

uratarou is a better immortal themed manga so far. maybe once the creature in To You learns introspection it will be more compelling

It's obvious it's heading in the direction of the immortal creature changing, and I actually like how alien it feels.

"Immortal character actually just wants to die" is probably the biggest immortality-related trope, and it's nice to see a different take on a more alien immortal creature.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The best immortal themed manga is golden kamuy

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I have also hopped on the Promised Neverland train and yeah it's pretty entertaining. It's inevitable that there will be a shake up or change in the setting/scenario and that could make or break the whole thing, but at least right now it is very compelling.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Nate RFB posted:

I have also hopped on the Promised Neverland train and yeah it's pretty entertaining. It's inevitable that there will be a shake up or change in the setting/scenario and that could make or break the whole thing, but at least right now it is very compelling.
The question is if it can maintain that tense, cat-and-mouse feeling after the poo poo really hits the fan.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
100 chapters later and they'll still be in the orphanage.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

lmfao

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
What the gently caress

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Captain Invictus posted:

What the gently caress

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
that sumo wrestler is greatly enjoying having a broom shoved up his rear end

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that's just otokojuku, you know?

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Sounds like someone doesn't know who the headmaster of otokojuku is