Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

D_Smart posted:

wot!?

1) He first posted he was in "sunny CA"

2) Shortly after he changed it to "Portland", but not before someone already nabbed the excerpt

3) Someone recently noticed that when he first appeared (Mar 2016), in this post, he had his cat pics. Then, less later (June 2016), he removed (archive) them. And, you know, dumb fucks sharing images online, tend to forget all the XIF data in them, and which some sites tend not to strip.

I dindu nuffin'

Oh lord...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Sillybones posted:

You joined a forum to be exposed to deserved ridicule and continue to come back over and over. You spend much of your free time researching Derek Smart and posting about what you find on some other forum with a bunch of other loons. You are drowning in a cult that has taken way too much of your money and you are too stupid to get out.

Are you going to be one of those people that kills themselves when this poo poo goes belly up? How are you going to live with yourself after being so provably loving dense?

He posted, in a thread that once unironically analyzed a stranger's Thanksgiving Dinner. Trying to drop owns on MoMA for inverse-reverse-semigloss-finish warlording in this thread of all places is silly and dumb.

Besides, everyone knows Toast is wiley. While Crobberts is trying and failing to wring one more dollar out of the golden goose I bet our friend MoMA here is going to be heading out the back with a $20,000 espresso maker.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Ayn Marx posted:

Stop doxxing people, stop sending death threats, stop obsessively reading 60000000 words posts of the game you hate on reddit, stop trying to rationalize these things as some sort of perverted sense of justice because someone has the wrong opinion on videogames.

Seriously?

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Hav posted:

Seriously?

... no?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Ayn Marx posted:

Stop doxxing people, stop sending death threats, stop obsessively reading 60000000 words posts of the game you hate on reddit, stop trying to rationalize these things as some sort of perverted sense of justice because someone has the wrong opinion on videogames.

This is awesome! Do MarchingPowder next.

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

When people are rolling around in poo poo; don't help them, just laugh.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Some guy at work the other day was fired for stealing bottles of windex of all things. Work has been interesting lately. The guy tried stealing like a pallet of windex and was caught because it didn't fit in his hatchback, pro-tip, if you steal something, make sure you have a big enough vehicle to steal it with.

In star citizen news, the game still doesn't exist. 142 million dollars?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

MeLKoR posted:

This is awesome! Do MarchingPowder next.

I'm actually missing Lazrin.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
can i say as a person who has lived in portland that it isn't really sunny

Zest
May 7, 2007

ACHIEVE HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE

Beet Wagon posted:

Besides, everyone knows Toast is wiley. While Crobberts is trying and failing to wring one more dollar out of the golden goose I bet our friend MoMA here is going to be heading out the back with a $20,000 espresso maker.

I look forward to the week after this all goes tits up for the smug-MOMA post stating "Well, I DID get my money's worth out of CIG :grin:"

With a photo of the espresso machine in his apartment.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Lime Tonics posted:

Some guy at work the other day was fired for stealing bottles of windex of all things. Work has been interesting lately. The guy tried stealing like a pallet of windex and was caught because it didn't fit in his hatchback, pro-tip, if you steal something, make sure you have a big enough vehicle to steal it with.

Does your place of work regularly misplace "pallets" of orders? Like when you say stealing Windex, my immediate thought is that he grabbed bottles from a closet or something. Not trying to make off with a whole pallet.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/823689521363636224
https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/824051838701936640
https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/824217501626204160
https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/824297850326622208

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Derek Smart's Home for Wayward Space Sims > a thread that once unironically analyzed a stranger's Thanksgiving Dinner

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

we should crowdsource the police!

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Hav posted:

I'm actually missing Lazrin.

Me too, he was more entertaining than beltman's current incarnation

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Asema posted:

can i say as a person who has lived in portland that it isn't really sunny

I've heard it's always cloudy in Pennsylvania.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/DisturbedJim83/status/719875703869743104
https://twitter.com/DisturbedJim83/status/822764265119555584
https://twitter.com/DisturbedJim83/status/822868315362168833

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Star Citizen: Alternative Doxx and the Unfinished Manifestos

my new band name

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Tane.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

ya, google has billions of dollars, star citizen is 100% paid for by guys like you and me sending in $35 at a time for a dream.

you attract and retain the best people by having a vision, and paying fair salaries.

the "show off" brand new thousands of dollar+ furniture, appliances and functionless decorations are typical of what rich movie and game studios have, and i am worried that CR has completely forgotten that this game is crowd sourced by little people, while his ego believes that he is working at EA again or making a blockbuster summer film for a major studio.

crowdsourcing should put all the money into the people salary, the best computer for each of them to work yes, but then mid range furniture, and thrift store every fking thing else to stretch the funding dollars in respect to the backers.

"we only have enough money to finish SQ42 now, and that hopefully would pay to get the PU completed" is an idea that never should have materialized for this game, esp at $142 million.

and you don't need to hire andy fricking $ekis or his company to mocap a dude mopping a floor and pretending he's back on the planet of the apes set growling nonsense words into a microphone. the spending here completely smacks of a person who thinks he is a big movie director backed by a large studio, not a crowd source project backed by working class people.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
To counter the sanity we get this

quote:

142 million not being enough means that we are getting a 200 million dollar game. How is that not a good thing. They will definitely make 200 million if you do account for future pledges, sq42 release and SC preorders. This just means that they budgeted correctly. I would be disappointed if we gave them 200 million and were given a 140 million dollar game

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE
It's a new tactic by the cult to claim they haven't backed the game at all they are just trying to protect people from the FUDmeister and his minions. That way they evade having to defend all lies, the game being a total pile of poo poo and their own stupidity for throwing money at an obvious scam.

It's brilliant in a totally unconvincing way.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Was reading a Guardian article on online dating scams and this jumped out at me.

quote:

There is an old episode of the This American Life podcast that emphasises just how powerful optimism can be. It tells the true story of Don Lowry, who set up a lonely hearts club business, in which men would pay to receive deeply personal love letters from women he called “angels”. The women were not real, but the “relationships” went on for years. Eventually, it grew beyond letters and many men lost a lot of money to their correspondents. Lowry was charged with mail fraud, conspiracy and money-laundering and went to prison for 10 years. A lot of the men who had been defrauded were angry. But incredibly, some defended Lowry, picketing the courtroom during his trial, even after they had realised they had spent years pouring their hearts out to him. Because the hope of love was better than not having love at all.

They got their money's worth.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Aww, he likes me.

also lol at "I am not a star citizen yet"

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

TrustmeImLegit posted:

To counter the sanity we get this

there's a chance that's not a troll? :psyduck:

gently caress this world

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

MeLKoR posted:

Was reading a Guardian article on online dating scams and this jumped out at me.

They got their money's worth.

Escalation of commitment is a hell of a thing

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beet Wagon posted:

Aww, he likes me.

He's got to have spent more than 145 workdays whining about Derek on reddit

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
This is awesome, a $200 million dollar game? The whole world will be laughing.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Lime Tonics posted:

Is Windex the new Tide?

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

there's a chance that's not a troll? :psyduck:

gently caress this world
different person

quote:

I'm not that worried. They can sell their modified engine to Amazon and make a killing.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

cool new Polack jokes posted:

This is awesome, a $200 million dollar game? The whole world will be laughing.

$200 million is the equivalent of $800 million publisher dollars!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fImt5NcJhd0&t=253s

You're ruining my movie, man!

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Everyone who doubts the project needs to watch this right now. Then get back to me after you're ready to reopen your RSI account... at the back of the line of course. Get a good look at those floors, I'll want mine spotless :smuggo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qexLUpQJPw8

This is all the convincing anyone needs to pump a few grand in.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM523jjrvf4

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

you all think that AMAZON lets SC die when CR have no money to finsish this game?

lol

its a prestige project for amazon so that they can say: see what CR and we has done with our cloud-servers he makes the best game ever.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Beet Wagon posted:

Aww, he likes me.

In any case, messi_knessi certainly acts like a Star Citizen.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Lol at the conversations you can't hear if you're in front of a person

But I'm just grateful to be able to pay for a render of this Perfect Dark level that I'll have to pay even more real money for NPCs to "crew" its mini game functions should it ever become reality

Unless someone here wants to man one of my turrets. It's just a couple of hours to the combat zone! :kiddo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/824316439075110912
https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/824316771620581376
https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/824318954139222017

Mirificus fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jan 25, 2017