Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

ethanol posted:

Sir is like to take the day march 3rd off

Ok mr. Henderson let's just see if there are any major game releases in that day ...Yes it says here you are a huge loving nerd. Dismissed

I've never once had my vacation requests scrutinized? :shrug:

Hell, most people here just use them to turn the long weekends from holidays into 5-day megaweekends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I didn't bother taking off because a ton of the people in my office want me to bring it in to play SnipperClips.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I have 60 days of leave

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Beastie posted:

I didn't bother taking off because a ton of the people in my office want me to bring it in to play SnipperClips.

Working hard or hardly working 😏

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm off on Fridays so I'm going to have all day and all night to Zeldo.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Evil Eagle posted:

I have 60 days of leave

:same:

But I'm an old man who likes to savor his games over long periods and not blow through them. I took time off to mainline Twilight Princess back in the day.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I've never taken time off for video games, I'm only doing it this time because the place I pre-ordered from closes at 6pm and I'd never get there in time. I'd prefer to not wait until Saturday.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I'm really glad I waited for Amazon to put up preorders. I was seeing everyone posting their best buy and target orders and getting anxious. Then Amazon went up and I'm getting mine on the third while you nerds have to wait.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

I'm really glad I waited for Amazon to put up preorders. I was seeing everyone posting their best buy and target orders and getting anxious. Then Amazon went up and I'm getting mine on the third while you nerds have to wait.

I Got a BB preorder night of, then and amazon preorder and canceled the other one because BB has burned me on launch shipping before. So I got that with 0 wait for amazon anxiety.

Sucka.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I remember when Best Buy took too many preorders for one variant of the 3DS, and when they couldn't fulfill all of them they gave $50 gift cards to the people who couldn't get it.

That was neat.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

That is pretty cool. They just shipped mine in such a way that I had to wait till Monday on a Friday launch. So gently caress that.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Bombadilillo posted:

I Got a BB preorder night of, then and amazon preorder and canceled the other one because BB has burned me on launch shipping before. So I got that with 0 wait for amazon anxiety.

Sucka.

:same:

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Jimmy Hats posted:

E: Please don't take vacation days for video games

I take vacation days sometimes just because I have errands to run that day or I feel like an impromptu 3 day weekend. Some (lucky) folks just get a lot of time off and you gotta use em or lose em... if someone would rather be at work than use the vacations they're given to pursue interests and hobbies... I'm sure their boss loves them I spose. Work to live, not vice versa!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Electromax posted:

I take vacation days sometimes just because I have errands to run that day or I feel like an impromptu 3 day weekend. Some (lucky) folks just get a lot of time off and you gotta use em or lose em... if someone would rather be at work than use the vacations they're given to pursue interests and hobbies... I'm sure their boss loves them I spose. Work to live, not vice versa!

Agreed. If I'm over 60 when the FY rolls over I lose those days. I'll take time off for whatever I want. Peace.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I have 3 weeks per year but i use it for real things like christmas and the aforementioned 4 day weekends. Oh well.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I'm actually gonna swing by my GameStop again tomorrow and see if they have some red Joycons for preorder still. The red grip looks slick as hell with red Joycons in it

Got mine pre-ordered on amazon :getin:

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I have spring break off. It's an entire week. I didn't even have to get it approved or anything they just said take a week off. It's not the right week, though. Oh well!

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
Haha people think the Playstation controller has buttons for a d-pad. All of the directions are connected underneath the surface so you can smoothly move between the directions. Doesn't look like we get that with the joycon directional buttons

whaley fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jan 25, 2017

Major Ryan
May 11, 2008

Completely blank
I figured I'd take the following Monday off and get a long weekend that way - I'm getting it delivered to work because that's easier so I'm not going to get much chance to play it on the Friday anyway.

Just hope it turns up on launch day otherwise I'll be trying to get into work at the weekend to see if anyone's taken delivery!

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
I'm taking the 2nd off because Gamestop is doing a midnight release and I work nights. This is my story.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I'm buying the Switch used in a year or two. :unsmigghh:

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
i hope the switch does amazingly well and is in high demand, just for the people who go "heh, i'm going to buy a switch in two months after it fails and the price sinks :smuggo:"

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Raserys posted:

i hope the switch does amazingly well and is in high demand, just for the people who go "heh, i'm going to buy a switch in two months after it fails and the price sinks :smuggo:"

gently caress em

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

I'm buying the Switch used in a year or two. :unsmigghh:

Stay strong.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Raserys posted:

nah im expecting it to fail horribly like the wii u did and i'll buy it at the first price cut because i love nintendo games and i couldnt give less fucks about it being a financial success

proud wii u owner here

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Kawabata posted:

nah im expecting it to fail horribly like the wii u did and i'll buy it at the first price cut because i love nintendo games and i couldnt give less fucks about it being a financial success

proud wii u owner here

I hope it does so well that the price goes up so you have to pay more than me.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
2 months, 2 years, 2 decades, the thing has to reach a decent value proposition at some point.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Raserys posted:

Blind optimism will only get you so far in life. :colbert:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
The switch price is only going to go up uP UP when japan sinks into the ocean and all the manufacturing designs are lost.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Well import tariffs are coming so the switch could possibly be more expensive later.

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

I'm also taking the 3rd of March off, but I freelance from home so no one will care with the exception of my dog. She'll be cool with it, though.

I don't really care how well the switch does, really. I've got a gaming PC and the switch will be the Nintendo box like the WiiU and Wii before it. I mean, I wish Nintendo well, as I do every platform holder, but in the end as long as I get my Marios and Zeldas and whatnot, then I'm set.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The fear is that Nintendo will WiiU so many times in a row they cant make Zelda or Marios

The secret hops is that the go full Sega and make Zelda and Mario's for better systems. So there are a good amount of people rooting for Nintendo to fail. I guess it makes kind of sense, because nothing good they make couldn't run on a ps4, they would sell a SHITLOAD more if they just went software.

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jan 25, 2017

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bombadilillo posted:

The secret hops is that the go full Sega and make Zelda and Mario's for better systems.

Better Nintendo systems :colbert:

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Taking off time to do things you enjoy is completely reasonable and okay. People shouldn't judge others for their hobbies. Thanks for listening.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Nintendo's hardware gimmicks are good

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

PerrineClostermann posted:

Taking off time to do things you enjoy is completely reasonable and okay. People shouldn't judge others for their hobbies. Thanks for listening.

WELL FUCKO IM FROM THE INTERNET SO LISTEN THE gently caress UP ABOUT WHY YOURE WRONG poo poo FOR TITS
:goonsay:

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I'm taking 2 weeks off when this thing launches.

Because my work is effectively forcing me to take two weeks off at some point in the next few months because any paid leave owing when I choose to quit is put into my final pay, and they don't really want to pay more than $2k or so in one big lump sum.

So I may as well use that for this.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Bombadilillo posted:

The fear is that Nintendo will WiiU so many times in a row they cant make Zelda or Marios

The secret hops is that the go full Sega and make Zelda and Mario's for better systems. So there are a good amount of people rooting for Nintendo to fail. I guess it makes kind of sense, because nothing good they make couldn't run on a ps4, they would sell a SHITLOAD more if they just went software.

This is the most unholy poo poo I ever read

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NAWKYZ0/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=

Pro Controller up in amazon, didn't know it had Amiibo scanners in it!

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

I am taking the week after the Switch releases off

It just so happens to be Tampa Bay Beer Week and I already had it off :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NAWKYZ0/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=

Pro Controller up in amazon, didn't know it had Amiibo scanners in it!

I also snagged it thanks to an Amiibo alert twitter account I completely forgot I was following. Gotta have dat DPad :)

• Locked thread