Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jizzy sillage
Aug 13, 2006

Rotting meat isn't poisonous, I swear! *experiences euphoria, hallucinations of improving health*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Some pretty great content the last couple pages, good job thread. :shobon:

I wish there was a way to get a picture of my coworker who grows his beard and hair out until they're both stringy and unpleasant, because his wife only makes him cut it once a year. He also wears ill-fitting overalls and clapped-out Converse All-Stars every day. He's in his late 50s.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Forever and always:

its really amazing how the actions of goons and mods are so freaking far beyond the pale that its actually impossible for a bystander to believe.

proposal: i am going to make an environmentally sustainable yoga retreat in hawaii

reality: a y2k survivalist paid goons a "food stipend" to help me clearcut a rainforest, dig a road by hand, torture and mutilate animals to death on camera, and bathe in/drink from an improperly filtered kiddy pool that wild hogs poo poo and pissed in

proposal: i am going to make a fun zipline for kids at camp

reality: a goon spent tens of thousands of dollars constructing a machine that kills children, entirely by accident

proposal: a fad diet thread in the exercise forum

reality: a mentally ill man resembling a melted candle, the pied piper of ham joints, told people that eating nothing but eggs and bacon and lard in paint buckets (they were literally buying and eating buckets full of lard in the name of good health) would not only make them lose weight, but was so healthy it would cure heart disease and cancer. an enormous fat powerlifter who cant run for 20 seconds probated and banned anyone who challenged this wisdom until it lead to a man barely in his 20s being prescribed statins.

proposal: a thread about animal husbandry in the pet forum

reality: a moderator unrepentantly killed animals with ac/dc hadoukens and probated people who asked questions

proposal: a forum for "responsible drug users" and "harm reduction"

reality: a man falls through the earth and into parisian catacombs. taking a torch from the wall he spies row upon row of skeletons. grasping the nearest by the shoulders, he shakes it madly, yelling "my nigga have u tried lsd"

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
I missed the zip line bit. When did that happen?

Oh! And can't forget Doobie's Dogs.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

theflyingexecutive posted:

Forever and always:

its really amazing how the actions of goons and mods are so freaking far beyond the pale that its actually impossible for a bystander to believe.

proposal: i am going to make an environmentally sustainable yoga retreat in hawaii

reality: a y2k survivalist paid goons a "food stipend" to help me clearcut a rainforest, dig a road by hand, torture and mutilate animals to death on camera, and bathe in/drink from an improperly filtered kiddy pool that wild hogs poo poo and pissed in

reality: a goon spent tens of thousands of dollars constructing a machine that kills children, entirely by accident

reality: a mentally ill man resembling a melted candle, the pied piper of ham joints, told people that eating nothing but eggs and bacon and lard in paint buckets (they were literally buying and eating buckets full of lard in the name of good health) would not only make them lose weight, but was so healthy it would cure heart disease and cancer. an enormous fat powerlifter who cant run for 20 seconds probated and banned anyone who challenged this wisdom until it lead to a man barely in his 20s being prescribed statins.

reality: a moderator unrepentantly killed animals with ac/dc hadoukens and probated people who asked questions

reality: a man falls through the earth and into parisian catacombs. taking a torch from the wall he spies row upon row of skeletons. grasping the nearest by the shoulders, he shakes it madly, yelling "my nigga have u tried lsd"

We've also got the pumpkin vandal guy, Caro, Brown Moses being personally hated by the Russian government, and that one dude who tried to walk across the United States with a baby carriage and pellet gun and just drove the whole way. And that's just off the top of my head.

This place is amazing.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Goons sure are preoccupied with making sure everyone knows they have sophisticated and adventurous palates.

Someone could post about ripping the liver right out of a stray dog and eating it raw, and goons would be like "actually dog liver is a fine cut, sorry for your baby tastebuds"

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug

Forever and always:

One of my favorite posts.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Low Desert Punk posted:

Goons sure are preoccupied with making sure everyone knows they have sophisticated and adventurous palates.

Someone could post about ripping the liver right out of a stray dog and eating it raw, and goons would be like "actually dog liver is a fine cut, sorry for your baby tastebuds"

That's because every other nerd hive eschews food prepared in any other way than deep-frying and microwave

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Forever and always:

Ceciltron posted:

One of my favorite posts.

This is one of the funniest things I've read here in months. I was laugh-crying.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
What is an AC/DC hadoken?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

This is one of the funniest things I've read here in months. I was laugh-crying.

It's a fyad post from a few years ago, right after the hondarider LSD affair.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Leavemywife posted:

What is an AC/DC hadoken?

This was the goon putting birdcages next to a heater and baking several birds to death

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
That is simultaneously better and worse than I was expecting.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Forever and always:

You can't just post this and not give links too.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

chitoryu12 posted:

We've also got the pumpkin vandal guy, Caro, Brown Moses being personally hated by the Russian government, and that one dude who tried to walk across the United States with a baby carriage and pellet gun and just drove the whole way. And that's just off the top of my head.

This place is amazing.

Do you mean the dude who couldn't even leave the national park he started in and had his mom pick him up? Or were there two such people? I vaguely remember barefoot guy had a BMW that broke down and he was going to sell it?

Also, Shmorky, and the guy who melted in his car and his wife tried to commit insurance fraud. Joose in general, one guy bought a piano but he lived in a 2nd or 3rd floor apartment in NYC with no elevator.

Oh and Blue Story.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

Thin Privilege posted:

guy who melted in his car and his wife tried to commit insurance fraud.

What?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Let's not forget the guy that died butt-chugging Mylanta in a movie theater or whatever.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Thin Privilege posted:

Do you mean the dude who couldn't even leave the national park he started in and had his mom pick him up? Or were there two such people? I vaguely remember barefoot guy had a BMW that broke down and he was going to sell it?

Also, Shmorky, and the guy who melted in his car and his wife tried to commit insurance fraud. Joose in general, one guy bought a piano but he lived in a 2nd or 3rd floor apartment in NYC with no elevator.

Oh and Blue Story.

Yeah, that was National Park guy. He ended up with his BMW breaking down after trying to drive instead and needing to use rentals I think.

The whole reason he was doing it was because he thought his life was worthless and needed to take some grand spiritual journey to figure out a purpose in life or something.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3557301

Enjoy!

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Has anyone cataloged all the dead goons yet? What a fascinating, morbid roller coaster that must be.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

A guy passed out in his car on some kind of heavy drugs and died of heatstroke. I think his wife started posting on his account or she might have had her own, can't remember. But she was asking for tips on how to hide his drug use from the insurance company so she'd still get a bunch of money

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

purple death ray posted:

A guy passed out in his car on some kind of heavy drugs and died of heatstroke. I think his wife started posting on his account or she might have had her own, can't remember. But she was asking for tips on how to hide his drug use from the insurance company so she'd still get a bunch of money

Because life insurance companies treat addiction like a moral failing instead of a health problem. I'm tired of this mother getting poo poo whenever this story pops up as goons flock to defend the noble insurance company.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Because life insurance companies treat addiction like a moral failing instead of a health problem. I'm tired of this mother getting poo poo whenever this story pops up as goons flock to defend the noble insurance company.

I'd say insurance should treat drug addiction similarly to mental health problems but they probably treat those like poo poo too.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Solid point

But still if my loved one died I would not be found on the internet asking strangers how to commit crimes. But I guess everyone process loss differently

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Also SWAP.AVI

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Insurance companies will pay out for suicide or drug related deaths as long as you're past the contestability period (usually 2 years in the US). They may say they're not paying and then wait to see if you sue or go to the states Department of Insurance in which case they'll pay the claim.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

chitoryu12 posted:

Yeah, that was National Park guy. He ended up with his BMW breaking down after trying to drive instead and needing to use rentals I think.

The whole reason he was doing it was because he thought his life was worthless and needed to take some grand spiritual journey to figure out a purpose in life or something.

He was doing it for bipolar awareness, which was pretty terrible because he was clearly going through a textbook manic episode.

Then again, he went to Harvard, and ended up getting a job at his daddy's tree business (and posting wads of cash that he earned) so it's hard to feel too bad for him.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

hyperhazard posted:

He was doing it for bipolar awareness, which was pretty terrible because he was clearly going through a textbook manic episode.

I mean, we ended up pretty aware.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

Insurance companies will pay out for suicide or drug related deaths as long as you're past the contestability period (usually 2 years in the US). They may say they're not paying and then wait to see if you sue or go to the states Department of Insurance in which case they'll pay the claim.

lol I'm sure that's a well-publicized, consistent, and efficient system and the bank that holds your mortgage and auto loan will patiently wait two years for it

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Forever and always:

Any time I get tired of seeing goons be down on themselves and go to post something to cheer them on, I will stop, and remember this post.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Wasn't there another goon that died of a drug overdose from tainted drugs or something, and his wife was all "Gee, that sucks. I bet if I'm careful though, I could use his leftover tainted drugs, right?"

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Wasn't there another goon that died of a drug overdose from tainted drugs or something, and his wife was all "Gee, that sucks. I bet if I'm careful though, I could use his leftover tainted drugs, right?"

That was the same guy that cooked himself to death in his car I think

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I'm always shocked how many absolutely crazy mods SA has had that ruled over their sub forums like petty insecure dictators. Does that poo poo still go on? I can't imagine stuff like goverhouse happening today, as in a mod getting so insecure over his lovely house that he bans people for making fun of it.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

lol I'm sure that's a well-publicized, consistent, and efficient system and the bank that holds your mortgage and auto loan will patiently wait two years for it

No, the policy has to be in place for 2+ years and they will pay out on it typically with in a month or two. I dealt with insurance claims for right around 7 years and only twice evr saw any push back on a death claim and those were both with in the suicide clause (2 years) and the contestment period (2 years).

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

I don't think anyone is sticking up for the plucky little Insurance Conglamerate, just pointing out that maybe you shouldn't solicit advice on how to commit insurance fraud on a public forum after your husband bakes himself in a car like a heroin stuffed cornish game hen.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

This lovely tattoo looks like it was done with a woman's fingernails during intercourse.

There are worse ways to get lovely tattoos.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
"Harm reduction? More like arm reduction."

After a goon nodded off and slept on his arm for so long that he lost circulation and then had it medically removed.

jmistajay
Aug 28, 2012

Mango chutney salsa!

Forever and always:

People confusing "eyeballing" to measure heroin dosages with actually injecting heroin directly into their eyes.

BEEEEEEEEEES!

Flask fucker leading to underwhelming hat consumption

fingat

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MI8h0cw00dY

Not even the Banjo Kazooie soundtrack and liven up "I came out as trans to my father as he died from cancer" .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Solice Kirsk posted:

Let's not forget the guy that died butt-chugging Mylanta in a movie theater or whatever.

I thought that guy OD'd on Immodium? Which if people here don't know, because why would you, Immodium is essentially a low grade opiod. Heroin/Oxy addicts sometimes take it because it can stave off the DTs. The amount you have to take to get actually high is so much that it puts you in danger of death from an impacted colon.

• Locked thread