Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Agrajag posted:

seriously how is he paying for all this?

the stupid wall
expansion of infrastructure spending
tripling ice (deportation force)
+5000 for border patrol

Sales tax on gun purchases by liberals like myself?

Bash the fash(with bullets)!

Next time I feel like dealing with my racist redneck dad I'll grab at least one of my rifles.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/mattdpearce/status/824346657705775104

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

mormonpartyboat posted:

a quick skim:

requires the government to look through its books and find any expenditures that could be construed as foreign aid or assistance to mexico

state/local law enforcement agents are authorized to act as ICE agents

cut back on parole/asylum/credible fear determinations by only interpreting them per the plain language of the law, since there's apparently a pile of actually illegal determinations?

all law enforcement agents can do their poo poo on federal land

prioritizes prosecutions of "offenses having a nexus to the southern border"

that's ridiculous, the northern border is even more important because it's far trickier to detect sneaky canadians if they don't reveal themselves with goofy accents

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Fallen Hamprince posted:

joe lieberman: no

how was this piece of poo poo not primaried after what he pulled with ACA?

he torpedoed Obama's attempt at fulfilling a promise that a ton of his base wanted, to me that looks like something a significant enough amount of people should've gotten mad at

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

fknlo posted:

Next time I feel like dealing with my racist redneck dad I'll grab at least one of my rifles.

:stare:

uh

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
WTF hasn't Trump played Civ? Walls become obsolete at the discovery of explosives.

Fuckin idiot.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
trump: "torture works"

Vitamin Me
Mar 30, 2007

Pollyanna posted:

my god we're hosed

It's not too late for a civil war!

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

McGlockenshire posted:

okay so overall this is poo poo but it's not panic worthy right?

there's a lot of weird poo poo in there to think about, like jurisdiction - do state police acting as ICE have jurisdiction to come gently caress with a sanctuary city? it also includes investigation, apprehension, and detention in what state/local police are allowed to do, some some shitheel local sheriff or a state like texas can literally run its own independent ICE

and the powers granted are pretty drat broad: https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1357

you always gotta consider poo poo like this in terms of what does it mean now that there's going to be a republican congress and supreme court and even then a lot of law enforcement stuff is predicated on the executive branch acting in good faith which lol

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

RottenK posted:

he torpedoed Obama's attempt at fulfilling a promise that a ton of his base wanted, to me that looks like something a significant enough amount of people should've gotten mad at

not sure if you noticed but liberals aren't good at this whole voting thing.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Man trumps approvals are gonna go way up

He's killing it

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Is ICE considered Military? I thought there was a government hiring freeze.

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

fknlo posted:

Please don't kill you are parents or vote Ron Paul. I don't think either of those things will help

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The Ape of Naples posted:

Lol

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
"Strengthen up voting procedures."

Trump in 2020 gets 95% of the vote.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Sec. 7. Additional Enforcement and Removal Officers. The Secretary, through the Director of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, shall, to the extent permitted by law and subject to the availability of appropriations, take all appropriate action to hire 10,000 additional immigration officers, who shall complete relevant training and be authorized to perform the law enforcement functions described in section 287 of the INA (8 U.S.C. 1357).

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

BeOSPOS posted:

trump: "torture works"

gently caress 24.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

RottenK posted:

This is the problem.

Obama didn't pants the blue dogs and lieberman...go to his district and humiliate them, etc. Send Rahm to threaten them...all of these things.

He did those things to people who were holding out for Single Payer like Kucinich.

This is why democrats in this country loving blow.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Vox Nihili posted:

Sec. 7. Additional Enforcement and Removal Officers. The Secretary, through the Director of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, shall, to the extent permitted by law and subject to the availability of appropriations, take all appropriate action to hire 10,000 additional immigration officers, who shall complete relevant training and be authorized to perform the law enforcement functions described in section 287 of the INA (8 U.S.C. 1357).

wow.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Three Olives posted:

Best case with the border wall is it is a billion dollar disaster that will last as an enduring legacy of what a gently caress up Trump is. Decades from now we will make pilgrimages to the Trump wall to piss on it and remember what a piece of poo poo Trump was.

Or we could be in camps

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

fknlo posted:

hmm that gun doesn't say 'jeb' on it

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Vitamin Me posted:

It's not too late for a civil war!

We're hosed, implies that's all that is left to do. Don't know what the spark will be, but I don't see how the rebels win this time.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Raiad posted:

Please don't kill you are parents or vote Ron Paul. I don't think either of those things will help

I'm good on both of those.

Gonna need to defend my home against hordes of rural fascists as they descend on the cities to get money for heroin after their low paying factory jobs don't come back. I'd been thinking about buying a gun for a while, hinting about martial law in Chicago kind of pushed me over the edge.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Three Olives posted:

Best case with the border wall is it is a billion dollar disaster that will last as an enduring legacy of what a gently caress up Trump is. Decades from now we will make pilgrimages to the Trump wall to piss on it and remember what a piece of poo poo Trump was.

lol thats cute you think its only gonna cost a measly billion

any more brilliant insights?

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Admiral Ray posted:

gently caress 24/7

:q:

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Nonsense posted:

We're hosed, implies that's all that is left to do. Don't know what the spark will be, but I don't see how the rebels win this time.
the rebels may not win but china surely will

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

FuzzySkinner posted:

This is the problem.

Obama didn't pants the blue dogs and lieberman...go to his district and humiliate them, etc. Send Rahm to threaten them...all of these things.

He did those things to people who were holding out for Single Payer like Kucinich.

This is why democrats in this country loving blow.

Realpost. Who even likes the Democrats right now? They seem to be even more reviled than the Republicans now.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

RottenK posted:

He was! Then the "progressive" candidate won the primary but lost to a newly independent Lieberman because Ned Lamont was about as progressive and likeable as Lieberman himself. Murphy and Blumenthal are better than Dodd and Lieberman at least!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

reminder Bill Gates can only fund a few miles of Interstate.

The Wall is going to be a giant boondoggle.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Louisgod posted:

The border wall will just be blown up with home made explosives or some poo poo, probably by Americans. If that thing is built there's no way it's staying intact.

lets talk about the cost of upkeep alone if it ever even gets built

LOL

just LOL if dumbshit rurals think the wall wont cost money even after it's built

do they think things just magically stay intact after the construction is finished?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Haha, remember when the police and military were separate entities?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

No ice

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Vox Nihili posted:

I don't imagine these will be the highest-quality recruits.

By this I mean we should expect a lot of Joe Bob Hillbilly Rednecks joining ICE and killing/raping the gently caress out of any suspected illegals.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

D1E posted:

I don't imagine these will be the highest-quality recruits.

By this I mean we should expect a lot of Joe Bob Hillbilly Rednecks joining ICE and killing/raping the gently caress out of any suspected illegals.
and immediately after that, rape is legalized

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Pollyanna posted:

Realpost. Who even likes the Democrats right now? They seem to be even more reviled than the Republicans now.

I tried to call Steve Reick, the guy who replaced Jack Franks, and Jack Franks is talking to me from beyond the veil of time?? Did they even have an election up there :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Due to fed hiring rules all of the new ice dudes will be discharged military vets

• Locked thread