Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Hey Hard, when are recruits finally getting that second wall reinforcement and gun optics that don't rely on vastly uneven ironsight apertures? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Give recruits attachments.

Also make attachments a thing you don't have to unlock for each gun and just make poo poo more expensive.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Lemon-Lime posted:

Hey Hard, when are recruits finally getting that second wall reinforcement and gun optics that don't rely on vastly uneven ironsight apertures? :v:

Still agree 100% with this, one of the major bummers about this game is that I can't get a gun RP boner since operators are strictly limited to 2 or 3 weapons.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Lemon-Lime posted:

It could be worse, you could be using the absolutely hideous FN FAL irons.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Getting zero attachments on recruit guns wouldn't really be an issue if the guns all had identical optics, but instead you have poo poo like the UMP ironsights vs. AK ironsights.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

What was the original design philosophy behind limiting recruits and does it still apply?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Admiral Joeslop posted:

What was the original design philosophy behind limiting recruits and does it still apply?

Entice you to unlock operators and maybe spend cash to get them all faster? I dunno really considering it doesn't take long to unlock all the base operators.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Recruits seem more about giving players something that was barely usable until they unlocked operators, they're intended as a stop-gap, not an equivalent alternative to the proper operators.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Having one reinforcement is dumb

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

That's just how Rainbow Six hazes the rookies.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

You're already penalized by not having optics/attachments, having 1 reinforcement is just icing on the cake of poo poo.

edit: here's the FAL irons:
http://streamable.com/7b12

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jan 25, 2017

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Aimpoints and foregrips are for earners.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Party Plane Jones posted:

It could be worse, you could be using the absolutely hideous FN FAL irons.

http://streamable.com/7b12

:shrug:

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

The one reinforcement hurts the whole team. If someone wants a lovely gun for a unique combination of stats and gear sure, but hurting the entire defense is lame. Also it makes recruit attackers just better

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Recruit also get the best ski-masks.

VVV It might make them look at operator abilities and make sure they actually are very useful and worth taking over a the recruit with a great gun loadout.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jan 25, 2017

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
I agree that they should get 2 reinforcements, but I think giving them all sights is a bad idea, I don't need 5 people running out spawncamping with the jager gun each game, or 5 people with a famas and frag grenade. People already pick recruit shield over the dedicated shield operators a ton of the time, the extra choice gives them a lot of versatility. If you extended that to every role in the game things would get old really fast.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

lohli posted:

Recruits seem more about giving players something that was barely usable until they unlocked operators, they're intended as a stop-gap, not an equivalent alternative to the proper operators.

Which is really loving dumb. They're in the game, they should be as viable as any of the named operators.

If this bothers the Siege dev team, they can just pretend they've made a brand new named operator called Reginald E. Cruit whose perk is the ability to choose from more weapons/gadgets than normal operators, or something.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.
The invite link in the Op for discord has been fixed now.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Koramei posted:

I agree that they should get 2 reinforcements, but I think giving them all sights is a bad idea, I don't need 5 people running out spawncamping with the jager gun each game, or 5 people with a famas and frag grenade. People already pick recruit shield over the dedicated shield operators a ton of the time, the extra choice gives them a lot of versatility. If you extended that to every role in the game things would get old really fast.

This. Don't give them sights, or anything else you spend renown on. They're recruits, they don't get anything fancy.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Recruits are fine how they are

The best weapon loadouts more than make up for the lack of reinforcements and sights

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Vahakyla posted:

Yeah but :effort:
I just like to swoop in and enjoy the fruit of others' labor.

Made one, cause I too was tired of waiting for one to be made.
It's my first thread, be gentle! :blush:

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

I agree with giving recruits 2 reinforcements but really disagree with letting them have attachments.

Some of the Ops are so annoying to fight just one of and the idea of having to deal with multiple slightly handicapped versions of those Ops doesn't sound fun.

I also think it would encourage a lone wolf style of play that really has no place in Siege outside of the classes that are meant for roaming.

Unless...

Unless there was a recruit only mode. Siege boiled down to the meat and potatoes sounds really interesting.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Just put red dots on all recruit guns; they don't need to get a choice of optics, just not be stuck with ironsights that make some guns unusable and have no negative effect on others.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Lemon-Lime posted:

Just put red dots on all recruit guns; they don't need to get a choice of optics, just not be stuck with ironsights that make some guns unusable and have no negative effect on others.

Iron sights are more than usable though??

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Put the Trijicon on every recruit gun. That way it's uniform but still terrible.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

The Duggler posted:

Iron sights are more than usable though??

Yeah seriously.

I get that some guns have really poo poo irons but then why are you not just using the Op that gets that gun anyway?

And if the answer is someone picked it already well it's time to learn a new class.

Doesn't help the team at all if you are the sickest Ash player and suck at everything else.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

IceOrb posted:

Unless there was a recruit only mode. Siege boiled down to the meat and potatoes sounds really interesting.

This is called custom game Realistic.

Bonus if all 10 players are in the same voice channel.

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

Maybe just take away recruits so we don't have to see a bunch of backseat game designers think they know the developer's vision and balance better than they do.

This is a game of characters with asymmetrical sides and strengths and weaknesses. Expect to sacrifice potency if you want customization that crosses those lines.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Hard posted:

Yeah well I don't feel like setting up a custom game Hard!

gently caress!

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
recruits dont need attatchments when they have nitro

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Hard posted:

I'm not getting tricked into the mode where breeching charges explode in my hand again hard

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

SatelliteCore posted:

Maybe just take away recruits so we don't have to see a bunch of backseat game designers think they know the developer's vision and balance better than they do.

This is a game of characters with asymmetrical sides and strengths and weaknesses. Expect to sacrifice potency if you want customization that crosses those lines.

drat so edgy friend.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I'm not getting tricked into the mode where breeching charges explode in my hand again hard

The Thermite bug where it wouldn't detonate until you went to remove it from the wall was A loving +.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

I've seen recruits as foremost a punishment for excessive AFK during queues. It also kind of gives brand new players something to aspire to. New players who possibly wouldn't use their class ability or both walls effectively before dieing.

And not to defend the imbalance, buy lacking your favorite scope feels worse on attacker where good peeks are more critical.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*
Is ubisoft intentionally causing all these ranked outages so nondedicated servers look more palatable in For Honor? :v:

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
This game just keeps getting .... worse.

tjones
May 13, 2005
You can disable text chat. All games have toxic players.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

tjones posted:

You can disable text chat. All games have toxic players.

Not all games are built around team communication though, and on top of that, you can't very well disable microphones either.

tjones
May 13, 2005

slap me and kiss me posted:

Not all games are built around team communication though, and on top of that, you can't very well disable microphones either.

Any game built with team based communication in mind will be the worse candidates for this behavior., especially games that have ranked play lists. The game settings have a slider for voice chat volume. I'm fairly certain there is a mute function to ignore any specific player. Discord/ts/whatever is something you should consider.

Encountering lovely players is not something new and the game gives you more than a few ways to combat them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
The solution here is to play with goons.

• Locked thread